PDA

View Full Version : iphone 3g and car stereos.

eglove
07-15-2008, 11:32 PM
how many of you with your iphone 3g's have tried them out with your ipod capable decks?

i'm choked that my 3g doesn't charge through my alpine anymore. apparently they only charge through 5v usb now, instead of any 12v source.

do any of you have the alpine ida series? or a deck with a powered usb slot? or any other deck that works with ipods.

analbumcover
07-16-2008, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by eglove
how many of you with your iphone 3g's have tried them out with your ipod capable decks?

i'm choked that my 3g doesn't charge through my alpine anymore. apparently they only charge through 5v usb now, instead of any 12v source.

do any of you have the alpine ida series? or a deck with a powered usb slot? or any other deck that works with ipods.

yo i know i got fucking pissed too.. I tried to put it on my ipod Stereo dock to charge, no dice, i also have the avic-z2 with ipod adaptor and i plugged it in and bitch said it wouldnt charge, what a piss off, the music does still work though.

ZMan2k2
07-16-2008, 09:50 AM
Yeah, I was choked about this too. My Pioneer dock won't charge anymore. It also asks if I want to turn on "airplane mode." At least the music still works. I just gotta remember to keep my phone charged at home for now.

analbumcover
07-16-2008, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by ZMan2k2
Yeah, I was choked about this too. My Pioneer dock won't charge anymore. It also asks if I want to turn on "airplane mode." At least the music still works. I just gotta remember to keep my phone charged at home for now.

i wonder if there will be a loophole for this

or maybe a different adapter we can upgrade to that will charge and play music simultaneously

i'm not holding my breath

arian_ma
07-16-2008, 10:32 AM
Wait, does the new iPhone come with a wall charger?

sabad66
07-16-2008, 10:37 AM
Yes, definitely

analbumcover
07-16-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by arian_ma
Wait, does the new iPhone come with a wall charger?

well it comes with a wall adaptor and one ipod cable

brown_guy
07-16-2008, 11:29 AM
man I got a JVC Deck and I hate that it won't work :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

eglove
07-16-2008, 11:37 AM
apparently you can mod a resistor into a little home made dock to dock connector bringing the voltage down to 5v

but that's a bit too much for me. hahah.

there might be patches for some decks. but i don't see how they would do that on non-hd ones etc.

prae
07-16-2008, 02:40 PM
i imagine there will be a lot of companies selling pass-thru connectors that will allow you to use old accessories. I could build one with relative ease.

eglove
07-16-2008, 10:03 PM
hmm, i guess. i'm going to best buy tomorrow to see if the alpine ida series works with it

eglove
07-17-2008, 08:28 PM
so, the ida series works. and any of this years models USB decks as well.

ZMan2k2
07-17-2008, 08:36 PM
Well, I guess it's a reason to consider upgrading. But I don't think I'll worry about it too much right now.