PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Z3 2.8L with M pkg speakers blown

sillysod
07-16-2008, 07:53 AM
I need to replace the speakers on the Z3 this weekend b/c they are badly blown and I am taking the wife on a road trip with some buddies.

Does anybody know if the speakers in these cars can be easily replaced in a couple hours with something from Future Shop or Soundsaround or something?

Car is getting oil change etc today so won't be able to get into it until the weekend.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Graham_A_M
07-16-2008, 02:40 PM
Get Ringo from Grand car audio to do it. I could it do it myself, but on my car, its different, so I dont know what sizes or how to remove the doors etc.

BTW, how is your car a 2.8L with the "M" package? The M package for '01 and '02 had the S54 engine, which is a 3.2L I6.
:nut: Even the 99-00 "M package" had the M54, which is a 3.0L I6 as well.
:dunno:

bobby_lu
07-16-2008, 02:42 PM
If anything its a sport package...maybe with h/k sound..

only the M5 has M-audio

sillysod
07-16-2008, 04:13 PM
Okay I am a moron, it is a 2000 roadster. It is not the M, it has the "M" steering wheel, wheels, suspension etc.

The audio is Harmon Kardon.

If it is something involving special tools etc to take the doors apart then i am not going to mess with it. Spent $6k on it at BMW in the last 2 months (and it only has 50,000kms on it). :(

it's the one you can sort of see behind my rover in the picture below.

Graham_A_M
07-16-2008, 09:29 PM
^ All I see is the blue building, but okay. :dunno:

Do you have the "premium" package? being 10 speakers?

I too have the M (sport) suspension, doesn't make mine a MZ4 unfortunately:(

The Cosworth
07-16-2008, 09:32 PM
^^ i see it, rear right bumper

sillysod
07-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
^ All I see is the blue building, but okay. :dunno:

Do you have the "premium" package? being 10 speakers?

I too have the M (sport) suspension, doesn't make mine a MZ4 unfortunately:(

It looks like it just has 7 speakers (2 small in doors, 2 in kick plates, 2 behind seats, 1 sub between seats).

Yeah the 2.8 is definately no M car, it handles pretty good, but doesn't have enough power to pass a kia. haha...

The steering wheel has an "M" in it though I assumed it was an "M" suspension and trim package for the normal gutless 2.8 Z3.