PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Business Web Hostings

adam c
07-16-2008, 08:50 AM
I checked the other thread about web hosting and it seemed like a lot of the options there were for personal pages.

For the business people here, what are some good, stable and powerful web hosts out there. I'm looking to switch my companies provider since they're not getting their shit together.

The website will be processing a lot of information and without giving too much information, we are looking at booking around 100 trades per minute with the new program in development

most likely looking at a 2-3 server solution

Grogador
07-16-2008, 09:11 AM
Any other stipulations? Most of our stuff lives at www.iweb.ca in Montreal, otherwise check webhostingtalk.com

adam c
07-16-2008, 09:16 AM
thanks I'll check it out

and what do you mean by stipulations?

Grogador
07-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Like... specific location for your physical access, or has to be in USA, Canada, Amsterdam, offshore or stuff like DB servers provided, fully managed vs. self-managed servers, etc.

Whatever you decide on, follow the cheap bandwidth!

adam c
07-16-2008, 09:32 AM
ok more information then

Our office is in Calgary and we would like something local if possible
At the most we want something based in Canada.

Looking at fully managed as well with the option to do what I want with it

Grogador
07-16-2008, 09:52 AM
You will get absolutely raped for bandwidth in Calgary, we're not a major POP at all. Once the hardware is in, you can pay monkeys to do repairs or whatever and you will still save a ton. I know iweb offers some management packages but I've never used them myself... dunno... webhostingtalk :D

Grogador
07-16-2008, 10:15 AM
Also, what O/S?

edit: none of my business really ;) mostly curious