PDA

View Full Version : Regarding unnecessary bumps, comments, and discussions in the Marketplace

D'z Nutz
07-16-2008, 02:11 PM
The Marketplace is easily the busiest section of Beyond.ca and as such, rules will now be more strictly enforced.

Many of you feel necessary to contribute postings which add no value to the thread in question. These include posts such as:

"Bump for a nice guy..."
"Bump for a nice car..."
"Bump for a good price..."
"I wish I could afford this..."
"You can get this cheaper at..."
various off topic discussions
etc...
etc...
etc...

This type of activity has been increasing steadily in the Marketplace (as well as reported incidents) which adds to moderator workload. We ask that members practice the following rules:

Buyers
1. Refrain from bumping posts that are not yours. This includes the frequent "Bump for a nice ______" posts. Original posters can bump their own posts without your assistance just fine.

2. If the price is too high, do not post and complain about it. This is one of the forum rules. If you want to help and notify the seller, PM him or her.

3. If you feel a posting is suspicious, report the post to a moderator. Proof to back up your claims is always nice.

4. Keep off topic discussions out of the thread.

Members are welcomed to help each other out by answering questions the OP may not be able to (ie: what engine it comes with, what are standard options, etc....)

Sellers
1. Limit your "bumps". Once or twice a week is fine. Every day or more is not.

2. Do not start arguments with people in your threads. This makes it harder to clean up. Report them.

3. Combine your listings. Individual threads for individual items is completely unnecessary, especially if you have to bump each one of them all at once (with the exception of vehicle postings).

Failure to comply with any of these can result in a banned account.

This is nothing new as these rules have always been in place. Please take the time to review Beyond.ca's Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1)

Many already follow these rules and we appreciate it. We'd like this to be an enjoyable experience for all.

Thank you.

benyl
07-16-2008, 02:58 PM
bump for a great Super Moderator!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;) ;)

Toms-SC
07-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Call me radical but make the market place a free for all. :dunno: No moderators really required unless the thread goes totally off the rails.

benyl
07-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Silly '04... that would just mean chaos.

The Cosworth
07-16-2008, 04:07 PM
what about no comment ability except for the OP?

seems to work on a couple other sites i am on

The_Rural_Juror
07-16-2008, 04:17 PM
Makes sense...now can you make some Canon lenses fall off that truck?

Toms-SC
07-16-2008, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by benyl
Silly '04... that would just mean chaos.

I'm 02 OG. Respect plz.

schocker
07-16-2008, 04:25 PM
that would be a good idae, leave the questions to the pm's and if the op wants to add it to the thread they can just put it in when they bump it. hmm send some lenses over this way btw

Aleks
07-16-2008, 04:48 PM
The OPs bumping their threads every day is probably most annoying.

badatusrnames
07-16-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by The Cosworth
what about no comment ability except for the OP?

seems to work on a couple other sites i am on

Agreed, people can keep it to PM. The OP can address common questions as they see fit.

arian_ma
07-16-2008, 05:04 PM
It is good that other people can comment as well because for example is someone goes to check out the car and realizes it is a complete beat to shit car and warns other people, then that helps and saves a lot of people headache because others think a bodykit that is held on with zipties justifies "mint" status.

anarchy
07-16-2008, 05:05 PM
I think this is a good idea, it'll reduce the spam.

But you won't get classic threads like this:
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/195388/fs-credit-at-spence-diamonds/

Nooo
:cry:

EK 2.0
07-16-2008, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by benyl

bump for a great Super Moderator!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;) ;)

bump for a great comment about a great super mod...

ricosuave
07-16-2008, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by anarchy
I think this is a good idea, it'll reduce the spam.

But you won't get classic threads like this:
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/195388/fs-credit-at-spence-diamonds/

Nooo
:cry:

that IS a classic thread!

how about more moderators instead?

ZorroAMG
07-16-2008, 07:57 PM
I can get this thread cheaper at Nexopia.

nismodrifter
07-17-2008, 01:47 AM
This thread was posted cheaper at www.albertacars.net 6 years ago. :thumbsdow

What did you do to this thread to justify the price increase???? I see no changes at all. I'm interested to hear your story.

Kavy
07-17-2008, 02:48 AM
Bump for a great poster.

I wish I could afford some spare time to make a thread like this.