PDA

View Full Version : WTB Toms Air Scoupes

STi403
07-16-2008, 03:07 PM
anyone got any for sale. also intrested in a muffler air intake and bov.

jsn
07-16-2008, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by STi403
anyone got any for sale. also intrested in a muffler air intake and bov.

A muffler air intake? so you're going for something along the lines of this?

http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2007/11/boost_fail.jpg

Muffler, air intake, and BOV.... Comma's can work wonders my friend :thumbsup:

Redlyne_jr
07-16-2008, 04:19 PM
http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2007/11/boost_fail.jpg

Where can i buy this??:dunno:

Redlyne_mr2
07-16-2008, 04:47 PM
check out www.mr2oc.com

in the vendors section there is a sale on apexi intakes for the mr2, its a great low priced intake. As for exhaust systems you can look on ebay if you're on a budget or you have order one from berk racing (google the website), koracing.net also sells a nice system. If you're lucky you might even find someone selling a blitz or apexi system. As far as I know i think you can still order the apexi exhaust brand new. BOVs are always in stock at speedtech, youll need the adapter to make it work on the factory hot pipe.

Redlyne_jr
07-16-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
check out www.mr2oc.com

in the vendors section there is a sale on apexi intakes for the mr2, its a great low priced intake. As for exhaust systems you can look on ebay if you're on a budget or you have order one from berk racing (google the website), koracing.net also sells a nice system. If you're lucky you might even find someone selling a blitz or apexi system. As far as I know i think you can still order the apexi exhaust brand new. BOVs are always in stock at speedtech, youll need the adapter to make it work on the factory hot pipe.

Apexi Intake is a cool addition really amplifies your intake noise.. didn't really notice a performance upgrade though.. and as ryan said yes you can order the apexi exhaust brand new... but ya Google and mr2oc.com are your best friends in regards to finding some good priced stuff for the deuce.. :thumbsup:

SI_futbol
07-16-2008, 08:04 PM
or u could buy the ebay ones........

not the greatest fitment but i've seen a couple nice sets

A790
07-16-2008, 08:24 PM
I was led to believe that these scoops were not functional on turbo MR2's...

Ashkente
07-16-2008, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by A790
I was led to believe that these scoops were not functional on turbo MR2's...

I'm a firm believer that they are counterproductive in any MR2.. If you leave your decklid unlatched, it will lift at speed. Therefore, air flows UP through it. You'd be better off with SPAL fans on the lid for better extraction imho.

Plus they're bugly. :drama:

sonnyg403
07-22-2008, 11:32 PM
yeah air comes through the bottom basically..well through the side vents..then vents upwards through the engine lid...those are just for show with a turbo'd mr2