PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes Benz Mclaren SLR Destroyed

Kona9
07-17-2008, 12:16 PM
The going Story (I never believe it without adequate source.) The pics speak for themselves.

The car passed the last radar at 345km/h . driver was a Sheikh and son of the owner of City Centre

Sheikh Faisal bin Jasim

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s135/kona9/mclaren2-1.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s135/kona9/mclaren3.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s135/kona9/mclaren4.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s135/kona9/mclaren5.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s135/kona9/mclaren6.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s135/kona9/mclaren8.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s135/kona9/mclaren2.jpg

KRyn
07-17-2008, 12:17 PM
Dang, that is to bad the car got destroyed.

Hakkola
07-17-2008, 12:18 PM
Strange title...

adam c
07-17-2008, 12:19 PM
rims for sale

D'z Nutz
07-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Kona9
The going Story (I never believe it without adequate source.) The pics speak for themselves.

Actually, no the pics don't speak for themselves. What's the context of all this?

The_Rural_Juror
07-17-2008, 12:43 PM
Lost a race with a Scud missile?

BerserkerCatSplat
07-17-2008, 12:50 PM
I'm impressed the cabin stayed as intact as it did.

Kona9
07-17-2008, 12:53 PM
What seems to be the issue? I recieved this in an email and I posted it.

The only part I added is how I rarely believe the stories attached to images and situations on the net without reputable source.

infected
07-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

:werd:

Trini
07-17-2008, 12:54 PM
rim looks good still

ekguy
07-17-2008, 01:07 PM
meh good ridance. Drive like an idiot die like an idiot.

D'z Nutz
07-17-2008, 01:08 PM
What seems to be the issue? I recieved this in an email and I posted it.

The only part I added is how I rarely believe the stories attached to images and situations on the net without reputable source.

What I meant was, what was supposed to be going on before the photos? Was the guy racing? Were they just blowing things up for fun? Was anyone killed? Etc, etc etc... The photos don't explain anything except that there's parts of an expensive car in the desert.

Kona9
07-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

What I meant was, what was supposed to be going on before the photos? Was the guy racing? Were they just blowing things up for fun? Was anyone killed? Etc, etc etc... The photos don't explain anything except that there's parts of an expensive car in the desert.

Gotcha. I have no more info on what occured. The given statement suggests it was a speed related crash.
That's all I have.

Jlude
07-17-2008, 01:21 PM
Ya, was he racing a scud missile?

Is that what happens when they have a high speed chase over there... once you're going over 300km/h they call off the chase and fire off a heat seaking missile?

Doozer
07-17-2008, 01:37 PM
Pffft. That'll buff right out.

schocker
07-17-2008, 01:40 PM
that looks like a pretty crazy crash

btw just saw a new listing on gallry of fine cars
MERCEDES MCLAREN SLR
LOW MILES ONLY 88,000km?!?!??!?!!!
LOW LOW PRICE WE HAVE WARRANTY TO
PRICED TO SELL

ZorroAMG
07-17-2008, 01:45 PM
This thread and its comments = :rolleyes:

snowboard
07-17-2008, 01:51 PM
i bet they were saudi drifting on a 8 lane highway and hit a car hauler, did a jump off it smoked some power lines sending the car into a violent spin, and crashed into the sand REAL fuckin hard

:dunno:

analbumcover
07-17-2008, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by snowboard
i bet they were saudi drifting on a 8 lane highway and hit a car hauler, did a jump off it smoked some power lines sending the car into a violent spin, and crashed into the sand REAL fuckin hard

:dunno:

LOL NO

that was from the new fast and furious movie

ToastiER
07-17-2008, 02:29 PM
DIRKA DIRKA

snowboard
07-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by analbumcover

LOL NO

that was from the new fast and furious movie

you've already had a private screening?
/jealous

Lizard_king
07-17-2008, 07:25 PM
ouch looks painful
the rim still looks nice:thumbsup:

ZorroAMG
07-17-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by ToastiER
DIRKA DIRKA

Redneck Redneck.

black13
07-17-2008, 09:44 PM
What's up with the thread title?

And Crash took place in Qatar. It seems its unclear what happened but they guess he just lost control and rolled more than a couple times.

more pics.
http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/slraccident/1002828804

Kona9
07-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by black13
What's up with the thread title?

What...did two arabs not destroy that car? Did one of them not make a stupid enough decision that ultimately destroyed the car?

:banghead:
Perhaps a mod can put "in crash" at the end of my title for the next absent minded poster.

hadookin
07-17-2008, 10:27 PM
DIRKA DIRKA

Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Redneck Redneck.

You're an actor, you should apreciate this humor.

Act Gary, Act!!!

ToastiER
07-18-2008, 12:11 PM
^

Exactly!

I really have to watch that movie again, so many good lines.

demosticgarbage
07-18-2008, 12:43 PM
why is the title "Arabs Destored the car" if every post on here had the title with the race of the person of topic we would be the largest racist group in the world!

So what , these Arabs have so much money they dont care about a mercedes SLR when i am sure he has a few more left..

You guys bash the Arabs all the time on the forum, alteast in Arab Oil land the gas is like 30 something cents a litre.

In Alberta where we supply the US slightly more then the Arabs, we pay a dollar more a litre , and we pay more for gas then the country that its exported and sold too.

These Arab counteries may be a little corrupt, but when we are paying almost 5 the price of gas in a region where we produce more Oil then they do, we know our goverment is the corrupt one

badatusrnames
07-18-2008, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by demosticgarbage

You guys bash the Arabs all the time on the forum, alteast in Arab Oil land the gas is like 30 something cents a litre.

In Alberta where we supply the US slightly more then the Arabs, we pay a dollar more a litre , and we pay more for gas then the country that its exported and sold too.

These Arab counteries may be a little corrupt, but when we are paying almost 5 the price of gas in a region where we produce more Oil then they do, we know our goverment is the corrupt one

You are soooo off base. We pay real market price for our fuel, our gas prices are higher that the US due to taxes. Refinery capacities and transportation costs also pay a role.

Gas in Middle Eastern countries is heavily subsidized by government...

Eleanor
07-18-2008, 01:08 PM

As badatusernames pointed out already, it's subsidized by the government over there. Here we pay taxes on it.

Wow, this statement is entirely wrong. While Canada is the single largest exporter of crude to the US, the combined Middle East still sends more their way.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/company_level_imports/current/import.html

We do pay more a litre than in the states for two main reasons:

1. We pay much higher taxes then the Americans do on gasoline
2. We also have to send crude down to the states to get it refined before consumption, our domestic refining capability isn't as high as our consumption, therefore we need to send crude down to the states, get it refined down there then bring it back up here, increasing transportation costs.

We don't produce more oil than they do, their production is much higher than ours.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroleum#Production

Next time try not spitting out a bunch of tin-foil hat bullshit and do some research.

And you spelt countries wrong.

Impreza
07-18-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by hadookin

Act Gary, Act!!!
:rofl:

ZorroAMG
07-18-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by hadookin

Act Gary, Act!!!

Thanks Captain Obvious! I saw the movie...I know exactly where the reference is from, I just don't find it funny, Matt Damon.

ToastiER
07-18-2008, 03:27 PM
Well I don't know how obvious it is, I doubt everyone on the planet has seen that movie. We find it funny.
F.A.G.

Kona9
07-18-2008, 03:28 PM
why is the title "Arabs Destored the car" if every post on here had the title with the race of the person of topic we would be the largest racist group in the world!

So what , these Arabs have so much money they dont care about a mercedes SLR when i am sure he has a few more left..

Shuuuuuuuuuuuut Uuuuuuuuuuup!!!

If you are going to call me out for ANYTHING! Please AT LEAST re read what you are going to post and make the appropriate corrections. I will take it more seriously.

PS It's a good idea to not label me as a racist. Thank you!! :thumbsup:

:thumbsdow

Kona9
07-18-2008, 03:29 PM
..................Duuuuuurrrrrrrrr.........

Your Sig......Glad to see you brought it!!

:rolleyes:

turbotrip
07-18-2008, 03:33 PM
the jealousy is strong in this thread...

ToastiER
07-18-2008, 04:12 PM

Your Sig......Glad to see you brought it!!

:rolleyes:

Hey it got deleted, Vagina was the first thing that came to mind.

demosticgarbage
07-18-2008, 04:35 PM
regardless we are paying way to much for gas and we know it.

Eleanor
07-18-2008, 04:53 PM
^LOL, that's it?

That's all you can come back with?

Weak :thumbsdow

And we aren't paying enough for gas, cause we're still burning it like it's going out of style.

riceeater
07-18-2008, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

seems to be the rule with expensive supercars that they break in half at the middle... i'm sure they're done like that on purpose, so the superstrong carbon fiber passenger compartment stays intact, and the rest of the body takes the brunt of the damage.... pretty smart in my opinion coz fuck the car, i'm sure anyone will take walking away safe over a car that sustains a little bit less damage

rmk
07-18-2008, 05:27 PM
i read on another board that the driver passed away.

barmanjay
07-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Airbags worked

Probably blew him out the door during the roll.

Amazing how the cabin is still intact though!

hadookin
07-20-2008, 02:59 AM
F.A.G.

Do we have real members on beyond?

ZorroAMG
07-20-2008, 03:11 AM
Not of the Screen Actors Guild lol or Film actors guild but I am a member of Actra, the Canadian Actor's union...

hadookin
07-23-2008, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Not of the Screen Actors Guild lol or Film actors guild but I am a member of Actra, the Canadian Actor's union...

gotcha:thumbsup: the Canadian equivalent to F.A.G.