PDA

View Full Version : Head Unit Install/Help

Dehvee
07-17-2008, 02:19 PM
I'm having trouble install my Pioneer DEH-P700BT head unit into my RSX. I already have an aftermarket subwoofer/amp that was connected with my stock head unit. I already connected the Honda harness to the HU harness. I have the remote wire connected from the head unit to the amplifier, so the amp turns on fine. However, I'm still not receiving any sound from the speakers. I have a line out converter, is it as easy as just unplugging that from my back speaker and connecting RCA's from the amp to the new head unit? Also, my amp only has an RCA input and output, and my head unit has RCA rear and front outputs, and subwoofer output so I'm confused which I would connect it to.

03ozwhip
07-17-2008, 02:43 PM
rear uotputs are for subs if there isnt a sub output. if you still have the converter hooked up, disconnect it, the speakers will be running off the deck, not the amp.

Dehvee
07-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Ok I disconnected the converter, but still no sound to the speakers. However, I did manage to get the subwoofer to work. Do I have to wire from the speakers directly to the head unit? Or is the connection from the head unit harness to the Honda harness fine?

futurecivic
07-17-2008, 08:02 PM
is your rxs a type s with the bose system if so i have a harness at work that will solve this problem
Barry visions westhills
240-0079

Dehvee
07-18-2008, 09:22 PM
Thanks Barry! That harness fixed everything. Oh and is it fine if I connected all 3 remote wires together?