PDA

View Full Version : The Facebook phonebook feature

RATM
07-17-2008, 06:06 PM
pretty sweet
i lost all my contacts in my phone not too long ago, and i didn't even have to make a group for everyone to join
about 65-75% of all my friend's numbers were just right there.
anyone use it?

jdmSiR
07-17-2008, 06:07 PM
yes sir,
thumbs up to facebook for this feat.

toyboy88
07-17-2008, 09:10 PM
Yup, great especially for numbers you don't have for one reason or another...shows it all on the mobile browser, and you can call right from the site on the phone.

RATM
07-18-2008, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by toyboy88
Yup, great especially for numbers you don't have for one reason or another...shows it all on the mobile browser, and you can call right from the site on the phone.

haha i forgot about that

snowboard
07-18-2008, 12:43 AM
fuck how do u find it
i wanted it the other day and couldn find it

l/l/rX
07-18-2008, 01:50 AM
wheres this feature? is it an application you have to add???

szw
07-18-2008, 06:48 AM
http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/07/10/facebooks-iphone-app-almost-replaces-my-contacts-list/

Not sure but I'm guessing its similar with other mobile facebook apps. Not really useful IMO, most people don't put their phone numbers. And I just keep my contacts synced with my computer and google so you never really lose them.

toyboy88
07-18-2008, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

Nope, if you go to http://m.facebook.com (not sure about the full version of the FB site, as I don't have full browser capabilities on my current phone, so I haven't tried it out yet).

But go to the site above, then log-in obviously, then off any browser page, at the bottom if gives you a bunch of options that always show (Home, Profile, Friends, Inbox, Phonebook), or you can just hit the "4" key on your keypad and it's the shortcut to the phonebook. There it lists everyone on your friend's list with a phone number!

Hope that's clear enough... :thumbsup:

RATM
07-18-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

did you find it?