PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Subaru WRX gets 265hp

Aleks
07-18-2008, 08:29 AM
It's still a rumour I guess but it's no secret that as is the WRX is not competitive with other cars in the segment. More power different suspension and hopefully better tires. Should make a good match for the Ralliart.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/18/2009-subaru-impreza-wrx-gets-upgraded-to-265-hp

schocker
07-18-2008, 08:36 AM
i just saw that. sounds pretty interesting as you could essentialy almost have an sti sedan with that kind of power. inow if only they could downgrade the ugly.

heavyD
07-18-2008, 08:47 AM
It's been a tough year for the WRX and STI with both models not only being bested by the EVO and Ralliart in every comparison but cars like the R32 and MS3 as well. Makes sense to up the power but Mitsubishi can just up the power in the Ralliart's 411B engine to match if they wish. Only problem is that both cars will start to near their more expensive siblings in power which isn't ideal when you are trying to justify the increase in price to the EVO and STI.

Since the source is a forum blogger you can probably take it with a grain of salt.

jsn
07-18-2008, 08:51 AM
^^ thats what i was thinking. They're really starting to reach the STI/EVO boundary at 265. Whats going to convince people to buy the STI when the WRX has almost as much power and is 10 000+ $ cheaper. Well i guess the STI badge may be the deciding factor for some people...

rc2002
07-18-2008, 08:55 AM
It's about time they stepped it up. There's been no engine upgrades to the WRX since it first came to North America.

heavyD
07-18-2008, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
It's about time they stepped it up. There's been no engine upgrades to the WRX since it first came to North America.

2.0L to 2.5L is an upgrade.;)

QuasarCav
07-18-2008, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by jsn
^^ thats what i was thinking. They're really starting to reach the STI/EVO boundary at 265. Whats going to convince people to buy the STI when the WRX has almost as much power and is 10 000+ $ cheaper. Well i guess the STI badge may be the deciding factor for some people...

There is a lot more than just horsepower seperating the WRX from the STI. Even a 300HP WRX would not be able to handle the power as well and it would be missing a gear on the transmission.

jsn
07-18-2008, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

There is a lot more than just horsepower seperating the WRX from the STI. Even a 300HP WRX would not be able to handle the power as well and it would be missing a gear on the transmission.

Yes but for the most part, people just see numbers. Most STI owners will probably never take their car to the track. I know the STI will handle better than the WRX, but I still think that STI sales will go down and WRX sales will go up since the power gap is much smaller than before. If they upgrade the wrx, i think they should upgrade the STI as well.

Oh and having a WRX sedan helps as well. I know alot of people do not like the new Hatchback STI, so if they come out with a wrx sedan that has almost as much power as the STI, im sure alot of people would chose that instead.

benyl
07-18-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by jsn

Yes but for the most part, people just see numbers. Most STI owners will probably never take their car to the track. I know the STI will handle better than the WRX, but I still think that STI sales will go down and WRX sales will go up since the power gap is much smaller than before. If they upgrade the wrx, i think they should upgrade the STI as well.

Oh and having a WRX sedan helps as well. I know alot of people do not like the new Hatchback STI, so if they come out with a wrx sedan that has almost as much power as the STI, im sure alot of people would chose that instead.

You haven't driven either of them have you.

Even at 265, they are completely different cars.

DCCD, yaw sensor, EBD and brakes, and suspension are just some of the differences.

heavyD
07-18-2008, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by benyl

DCCD, yaw sensor, EBD and brakes, and suspension are just some of the differences.

I completely agree with you that the higher price is warranted but some people only care about straight line speed. How do you explain Dodge selling over 25K Neon SRT-4's in just three years lol.

jdmXSI
07-18-2008, 11:02 AM
Hmm that could make things alittle more intresting. That would definatly help move the WRX's alittle better,lets hope the price stays close to where it is now. As for the STi, they are bringing out a second model for 09' and one is rumored to have a sun roof. Also red is suppose to be a new color this year.

jsn
07-18-2008, 11:16 AM

I've only driven a WRX and 2.5 rs. Also if you read my post, I acknowledged that they ARE different and the STI still handles better. I'm just stating that for the average car buyer (not car enthusist), which seems to be what subaru is aiming at nowadays, they are most likely going to notice the power figures and straight line performance as opposed to the differences in handling between the two. I am in no way saying that they are the same car. I know the STI handles alot better than the wrx still, but for the average buyer, i dont know if they will be convinced to buy a STI when the power output of the wrx is that close to the STI.

That being said, If I had the extra cash, I'd definitely rather go with the STI. Im just saying that the average car buyer might not be able to justify the difference in price, when the power output is so close.

benyl
07-18-2008, 11:32 AM
Subaru Canada completely sold out of STIs for 2008. Canada gets about 5-600 per year.

I think Subaru is trying to get more customers that might buy the Ralliart Lancer than worrying about cannibalizing STI sales.

SilverRex
07-18-2008, 11:49 AM
there goes the resale for 2008 wrx lol

rc2002
07-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

2.0L to 2.5L is an upgrade.;)

True, but there's no increase in power. 220HP was ok back in 2002 but it just doesn't cut it in this market segment anymore.

nightfx
07-18-2008, 12:59 PM
If only the current gen WRX sedans didn't look so boring. :(

heavyD
07-18-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by nightfx
If only the current gen WRX sedans didn't look so boring. :(

It's interesting that the new conservative styling has got no love from anyone yet the old ugly styling got love from at least the Subaru fanboys. Maybe middle of the road styling is best left for cars like the Civic, Accord, Camry's etc.

dino_martini
07-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by jsn

I've only driven a WRX and 2.5 rs. Also if you read my post, I acknowledged that they ARE different and the STI still handles better. I'm just stating that for the average car buyer (not car enthusist), which seems to be what subaru is aiming at nowadays, they are most likely going to notice the power figures and straight line performance as opposed to the differences in handling between the two. I am in no way saying that they are the same car. I know the STI handles alot better than the wrx still, but for the average buyer, i dont know if they will be convinced to buy a STI when the power output of the wrx is that close to the STI.

That being said, If I had the extra cash, I'd definitely rather go with the STI. Im just saying that the average car buyer might not be able to justify the difference in price, when the power output is so close.

If the post on NASIOC is correct, I think the WRX will go back to an enthusiasts car. 265hp, stiff suspension, manual transmission only. I dont think the update will take sales away from the STI. Anyone who can afford the STI, will buy one. Anyone who cant, will spring for the WRX.

Everyone else will go for the Impreza GT.

Skyline_Addict
07-18-2008, 02:00 PM
dammit. they ain't making my decision easy on which car to get!

QuasarCav
07-18-2008, 02:09 PM

It's interesting that the new conservative styling has got no love from anyone yet the old ugly styling got love from at least the Subaru fanboys. Maybe middle of the road styling is best left for cars like the Civic, Accord, Camry's etc.

I look out the window and smile at my ugly bugeye but I just don't feel the same way about the generic 04+ styling.

Eleanor
07-18-2008, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
I look out the window and smile at my ugly bugeye but I just don't feel the same way about the generic 04+ styling.

04/05 STi styling generic? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

heavyD
07-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

Seeing that you are a skyline addict your decision should be pretty staright forward lol.

analbumcover
07-18-2008, 02:19 PM

You already have the STI Logo as your Avatar and an STI picture in your sig, that doesnt sound indecisive :dunno:

Skyline_Addict
07-18-2008, 03:02 PM
^^ ahhh yes, but my heart and my avatar are not as one.

Canmorite
07-18-2008, 06:38 PM
I'd rather see it looking better, then have 265hp. Blends in on the road so much, what happened :cry:

dino_martini
07-18-2008, 09:17 PM

The recent generations have only gotten love a little while into the model run. So it will probably take some time before the Subaru Fanboys really love the new STI styling. In World Rally Blue with Gold Wheels, the new STI looks fantastic. To really get it to look great, you have to get rid of the clear tails.

max_boost
07-19-2008, 01:26 AM

Dude....just be selective and find a really clean used car so when you get bored of it you can easily sell and get something different. That's what I used to do :D

You are also sounding like SilverRex, keep waiting and waiting and waiting.....cause every month something better comes out or rumours of something in the works etc. haha

The new STi is OK looks wise. I know performance is there. But overall not enough for me to sell my 06 and pay the $$$ to acquire the new one.

hadookin
07-19-2008, 01:33 AM
maybe I missed it in the article, but when does the Raliart hit NA?

heavyD
07-19-2008, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by hadookin
maybe I missed it in the article, but when does the Raliart hit NA?

Late summer/fall in the US.

dino_martini
07-19-2008, 10:11 AM
Can you get a stick with the ralliart or is it flappy paddles only?

Aleks
07-19-2008, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by dino_martini
Can you get a stick with the ralliart or is it flappy paddles only?

No stick in the ralliart but don't worry it will come with the best trans in the world :thumbsup:

Takemetoothemoo
07-19-2008, 12:06 PM
The rumor is that 2010 sti will have close to 400hp .

SilverRex
07-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

You are also sounding like SilverRex, keep waiting and waiting and waiting.....cause every month something better comes out or rumours of something in the works etc. haha

haha

if someone buys my tsx right now, then I will be so into the market, then again im not about to sell on desperation either hence the wait continues...

teg_boya
07-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Takemetoothemoo

i heard that HP ratings in most cars will be going down after 2010 because of emissions and high cost of gas. If the 2010 STI has 400hp, it may very well be the last big horse power STI made.

403Gemini
07-19-2008, 05:35 PM

True, but there's no increase in power. 220HP was ok back in 2002 but it just doesn't cut it in this market segment anymore.

a simple tune can up it more than enough to keep up with cars in their segment ;)

But no i agree they did need to increase the power a bit from the factory. I hope its 265 for the newer gens.

benyl
07-20-2008, 09:31 AM

The 2006 STI was supposed to have 400hp. Where are we now? Not even close.

Takemetoothemoo
07-22-2008, 08:18 PM

The 2006 STI was supposed to have 400hp. Where are we now? Not even close.

I never heard that about the 2006 models.

but this 375 hp WRX STI 380S concept. Sure sounds like the car i was referring too.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/22/london-motor-show-subaru-shows-off-impreza-trifecta/
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/concept-cars/subaru-prepping-375hp-impreza-wrx-sti-concept/
http://www.carkeys.co.uk/news/2008/july/22/15483.asp

Time well tell

heavyD
07-22-2008, 08:44 PM

I never heard that about the 2006 models.

but this 375 hp WRX STI 380S concept. Sure sounds like the car i was referring too.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/22/london-motor-show-subaru-shows-off-impreza-trifecta/
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/concept-cars/subaru-prepping-375hp-impreza-wrx-sti-concept/
http://www.carkeys.co.uk/news/2008/july/22/15483.asp

Time well tell

That's UK only stuff much like the EVO FQ's.

That.Guy.S30
07-22-2008, 10:03 PM
whats stupid is that subaru just keeps on pumpin the hp wars. maybe they should fix the god damn handling or something. make it lighter, too much body roll, i dunno.

the usdm wrx/sti relies on its brute stregnth while the EVOs outhandle them.

Syph3r
07-22-2008, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
whats stupid is that subaru just keeps on pumpin the hp wars. maybe they should fix the god damn handling or something. make it lighter, too much body roll, i dunno.

the usdm wrx/sti relies on its brute stregnth while the EVOs outhandle them.

Did you read the article :confused: , they are tweaking the power and suspension...

And I fail to see how Subaru is 'pumpin the hp war' since they haven't really changed the power since the wrx debut in NA.

In fact even with this new suggest increase in power really is not that major of a change. The 08 wrx is underrated as is in the HP department not to mention the stock tune is very conservative. Tune it properly and depending on what dyno you use that puts the 08 right were the 'new' 09 is.

So most likely the only real change here is the US/CAN now get a straight WRX with manual only with included areo package (that us canucks already had standard on the 08) some minor tweaked suspension and interior changes most notably the addition of a sunroof. Really major stuff :rolleyes:

That.Guy.S30
07-23-2008, 12:11 AM
^ they are just tweaking it. which means probably different spring rates. doubtful they will change strut/sway bars/tires.

hp war in my eyes. WRX to EVO to STi. and since the wrx was left alone for so many years, it only grew in displacement. i guess subaru saw the ralliart (which is supposed to have more power than the wrx) as a threat. which in turn results in a 265 WRX GT.
while in japan the STi 276hp to 320 on the Spec C, RA, RA-R, S204, etc. while the EVO is doing the same 280ish cept the FQ's.
the evos.

funny u mentioned the tuning part. i remember the 07 STi's being underrated, and then most of then had engine troubles.

anyways, i am a subaru fanboy. no doubt. they said this chassis is what the 22B was to the GC. not even close. im just rambling on. :whocares:

heavyD
07-23-2008, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
hp war in my eyes. WRX to EVO to STi. and since the wrx was left alone for so many years, it only grew in displacement. i guess subaru saw the ralliart (which is supposed to have more power than the wrx) as a threat. which in turn results in a 265 WRX GT.
while in japan the STi 276hp to 320 on the Spec C, RA, RA-R, S204, etc. while the EVO is doing the same 280ish cept the FQ's.
the evos.

The EVO X hp numbers are underrated. How else do you explain the EVO X GSR putting up the same or better 0-60 & 1/4 mile times as the STI when it has a 300 lb weight disadvantage.

GoChris
07-23-2008, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

a simple tune can up it more than enough to keep up with cars in their segment ;)

But no i agree they did need to increase the power a bit from the factory. I hope its 265 for the newer gens.

so the wrx is underpowered right now, I mean I can get a friggin pontiac torrent with 263 hp that will probably kick its ass.

I know nothing of the tunes for these so with one of those cobb tunes, what are they rated at? I'm debating on a new vehicle as I need a baby carrier.

Aleks
07-23-2008, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by GoChris

so the wrx is underpowered right now, I mean I can get a friggin pontiac torrent with 263 hp that will probably kick its ass.

I know nothing of the tunes for these so with one of those cobb tunes, what are they rated at? I'm debating on a new vehicle as I need a baby carrier.

He has my old car.

I ran 14.1 at race city. You are fairly familiar with that track so I don't need to tell you that's a respecatble time for a car with exhaust and a tune.

rc2002
07-23-2008, 01:18 PM
If it was a car I'd be owning for a while, I'd be wary of using an aftermarket tune or upping boost on a factory FI car.

Sure you have the extra power, but at what expense? If it could've made more power safely, it probably would've come out of the box from the factory with it.

benyl
07-23-2008, 01:29 PM
If it was a car I'd be owning for a while, I'd be wary of using an aftermarket tune or upping boost on a factory FI car.

Sure you have the extra power, but at what expense? If it could've made more power safely, it probably would've come out of the box from the factory with it.

Not really.

The LGT long block is the same as the STI long block. The only differences are the ECU, Turbo and Intercooler. The intake manifold is plastic on the LGT. It makes what, 250hp while the STI made 300.

Running a tune on the LGT would only burn out the smaller turbo, but everything else should hold 300hp with ease.

GoChris
07-23-2008, 02:42 PM
thanks for the info. If the longblock is the same (good to know) then I wouldn't be worried about using a different (proper) tune. (been doing that for a while on my car)

Perfect Dark
07-23-2008, 02:55 PM
I was running a Stg 2 tune for just over a year on my LGT with no problems at all...the stock turbo looked mint when I pulled it out for the swap.

My car was sitting at 220whp and 245wtq compared to the 220whp and 220wtq STi...so essentially more power than a stock STi and no issues.

max_boost
07-23-2008, 03:51 PM

haha we all know you love OEM but that little bit of extra power getting tweaked out of the car makes it just that much more enjoyable to drive around in. :burnout:

benyl
07-23-2008, 04:00 PM

haha we all know you love OEM but that little bit of extra power getting tweaked out of the car makes it just that much more enjoyable to drive around in. :burnout:

I question his love for OEM. Aftermarket wheels and brakes are not OEM.

rc2002
07-23-2008, 04:25 PM
^ Hehe. I might seem cynical, but when it comes to horsepower I've never seen it happen where you don't have to sacrifice something in order to gain something. If there's free power to be had that doesn't affect reliability or driveability, then I'd be over it like a fat kid on cake.

Just like my brakes. For better braking performance, I had to make compromises. I put up with a bit more brake pad squeal, more dusting, and the need to buy new wheels so that I can improve stopping. It's a trade off.

rc2002
07-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Just one more thing to add - the risk of poor fitting parts and poor reliability are mitigated by using parts made by OEM vendors/suppliers (which I tried to do). But still, nothing beats the fit, finish, and durability of the OEM stuff!

xrayvsn
07-23-2008, 05:17 PM
^ Hehe. I might seem cynical, but when it comes to horsepower I've never seen it happen where you don't have to sacrifice something in order to gain something. If there's free power to be had that doesn't affect reliability or driveability, then I'd be over it like a fat kid on cake.

The stock tune on the Subarus leave a lot to be desired, and if you can get a good custom tune, your car will be better for it. The stock tune on my STi would knock with our craptastic 91 octane, and have a bit of a boost spike/boost hunting problem.

I then got a quality downpipe and exhaust, and a tune. I was a bit psychotic datalogging the car, and it ran better with no ping running the custom tune than when it was stock. I have been running 100% reliable since, and that was a year and a half ago. Boost increased from a peak 14 psi stock to 18.5 psi and tapering to 14.5 by redline with the tune.

The only compromise is that the exhaust is a tad louder than it was stock, but that was achoice I made, since I could get the same results on the stock axleback. These cars take very well to mild mods.

That said, I have not seen a lot of success locally when people have swapped the turbo for something bigger. They also often will have to replace the injectors, and go with a FMIC, so that adds to the complexity and more aftermarket parts to fail/not work as advertised.

403Gemini
07-25-2008, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Aleks

He has my old car.

I ran 14.1 at race city. You are fairly familiar with that track so I don't need to tell you that's a respecatble time for a car with exhaust and a tune.

I love your old car btw :love: ;)

Saw Mr_Buffy a few days ago and he wanted to see the car again haha.

If you do get a WRX or an STI, track down a guy named "Airboy" or Sunny.... he has notorious tunes for western canada.

GoChris
07-25-2008, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

I love your old car btw :love: ;)

Saw Mr_Buffy a few days ago and he wanted to see the car again haha.

If you do get a WRX or an STI, track down a guy named "Airboy" or Sunny.... he has notorious tunes for western canada.

Good to know. I still plan on getting myself one or the other eventually for myself, right now I think a small suv will be more suited for my wife and the baby.

heavyD
07-25-2008, 01:01 PM

Good to know. I still plan on getting myself one or the other eventually for myself, right now I think a small suv will be more suited for my wife and the baby.

I got a small SUV for the wife & kid and all she does now is nag me for not getting her a minivan. :(

GoChris
07-25-2008, 03:15 PM

I got a small SUV for the wife & kid and all she does now is nag me for not getting her a minivan. :(

lol, I mentioned we should at least look at minivans, but my wife won't have anything to do with that.

heavyD
07-25-2008, 03:20 PM
lol, I mentioned we should at least look at minivans, but my wife won't have anything to do with that.

It's much easier to take kids in and out of child seats in tight spots between cars, in garage, etc with sliding doors and they have twice the space for luggage and kids stuff like booster seats, etc. I can't believe I'm posting this stuff......my god has my life degenerated.:(

403Gemini
07-25-2008, 03:20 PM

Haha my lady either. She wants an SUV.

benyl
07-25-2008, 03:56 PM
As much as I hate minivans, they are the best for moving shit around.

So much so that I am taking my mom's minivan to Washington for a road trip. I would much rather be able to carry my bike (road and mountain) inside the vehicle and have to stick them on the roof of the 335.

Sure, I would love to canyon carve through BC in the 335 or the M3, but I can't take a 1/4 of the shit I need in either of those cars!

Minivans aren't as bad as people make them out to be!

xrayvsn
07-25-2008, 04:01 PM
I am glad we have a minivan. The kids can trash the thing, and we don't give a fuck. Plus it hauls a lot of crap around, and it is so easy to buckle the kids into a car seat. I have 4 kids, so I need a vehicle that can accomodate our whole family. There is just way more room in a minivan than a 7 seater SUV.

The wife and I have the fun/track car for when we don't have the kids, so we get the best of both worlds.

403Gemini
07-25-2008, 04:10 PM
I think if i got a van it'd be the mazda5 just so it can be a standard :p lol

Now lets get this minivan chat outta a wrx thread haha

Canmorite
07-27-2008, 01:08 PM
http://ca.autos.yahoo.com/p/730/hard-hitting-hat-trick-from-subaru

gpomp
07-27-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite
http://ca.autos.yahoo.com/p/730/hard-hitting-hat-trick-from-subaru that's the UK model

Canmorite
07-27-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
that's the UK model

Damn it.

Destinova403
07-30-2008, 11:27 PM
more info posted, as well as a press release

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/31/2009-subaru-impreza-wrx-265-hp-retuned-suspension-sti-tweaks/

Skyline_Addict
07-31-2008, 01:00 AM
damn, that's pretty hot! when will we see the first batch in canada?

SilverRex
07-31-2008, 07:05 AM
wow didnt edmund reivew posted that ralliart to be slower than the wrx 0-60? This would make it stand out in the pack if not take the lead against the speed3.

so 265hp wrx or Dual clutch ralliart

that would be quite a choice.

finally a little better looking grill, now if they keep the 09 wrx same price higher performence, Subaru might just have a chance to stay compeititive

mikestypes
07-31-2008, 07:32 AM
Wow, that is so awesome that a car company is actually listening to some of the complaints people have of their car and making the changes mid model run. More power, better tires, stiffer suspension and some styling aids are exactly what this car needed to make a real impression. If the price stays nearly the same, they will have a hit IMO.

Aleks
07-31-2008, 08:39 AM
Summer tires, better suspension, bigger turbo, some cosmetic upgrades

:thumbsup:

Skyline_Addict
07-31-2008, 12:00 PM
if the price is going to stay the same as the current WRX, imma have to rethink my priorities! ahhh!

clem24
07-31-2008, 12:29 PM

It's much easier to take kids in and out of child seats in tight spots between cars, in garage, etc with sliding doors and they have twice the space for luggage and kids stuff like booster seats, etc. I can't believe I'm posting this stuff......my god has my life degenerated.:(

Yup.. so true.. And then add to the fact that if you have a baby, electric sliding doors are a god-send. I don't know what the aversion is. I hate driving minivans, but I also hate driving SUVs equally. If you're buying an small SUV, you might as well get a wagon, like a Legacy or Outback. Otherwise, small SUVs just don't have enough room, especially when you need to haul around strollers and stuff. Plus add to the fact that minivans can usually handle better than their SUV counterparts. Something like an Odyssey is quite nimble.

max_boost
07-31-2008, 01:32 PM
if the price is going to stay the same as the current WRX, imma have to rethink my priorities! ahhh!

Again? :D

SilverRex
07-31-2008, 01:43 PM

lol, maybe I will too :nut:

Skyline_Addict
07-31-2008, 02:15 PM

with this new WRX coming out, can ya blame me? :D

SilverRex
07-31-2008, 02:25 PM

with this new WRX coming out, can ya blame me? :D

from your sig, it looks like you drive a STI? no?

Skyline_Addict
07-31-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by SilverRex

from your sig, it looks like you drive a STI? no?

kind of a long story, but no. :rofl:

been to lazy to change it lol.

the car in the sig is a WRX too, not an STi.

heavyD
07-31-2008, 02:39 PM
I'm not so sure this was a good idea as while the EVO and the WRX STI compete head to head it seems that the buyers are from different demographics. Asian and Brown guys buy WRX's and White guys buy EVO's. To me all this will do is cannibalize STI sales as the differences between the two is not near as great.

heavyD
07-31-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by SilverRex
wow didnt edmund reivew posted that ralliart to be slower than the wrx 0-60? This would make it stand out in the pack if not take the lead against the speed3.

so 265hp wrx or Dual clutch ralliart

that would be quite a choice.

finally a little better looking grill, now if they keep the 09 wrx same price higher performence, Subaru might just have a chance to stay compeititive

Motortrend got much better numbers out of the Ralliart (0-60 in only 5.6 seconds and 0.89 on the skidpad):

http://forums.evolutionm.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=122529&d=1217479678

GoChris
07-31-2008, 03:43 PM
when do the 2009s come out? (and don't just say 2009)

Aleks
07-31-2008, 04:43 PM
when do the 2009s come out? (and don't just say 2009)

Sept - October 2008.

jdmXSI
08-02-2008, 09:17 AM
It is confrmed %100 for sure, there will 2 WRX models and two STi models for 09'. You will have the base WRX and the WRX265. Thw 265 will add of course 265hp 244lb-ft, sport tuned suspension, shot-peen open type rear diff, dunlop sp sport01 tires and a tilt/sliding sunroof are the improvements so far!

Aleks
08-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by jdmXSI
It is confrmed %100 for sure, there will 2 WRX models and two STi models for 09'. You will have the base WRX and the WRX265. Thw 265 will add of course 265hp 244lb-ft, sport tuned suspension, shot-peen open type rear diff, dunlop sp sport01 tires and a tilt/sliding sunroof are the improvements so far!

Any idea of what the price structure will be at all? And is my sept-oct estimate accurate for release dates?

jdmXSI
08-02-2008, 11:11 AM

Any idea of what the price structure will be at all? And is my sept-oct estimate accurate for release dates?

No idea on price yet, one would think it would stay pretty close to where it is now(maybe a couple grand more:dunno: ) We should start to see the 09's rolling in september/october.

DannyO
08-02-2008, 11:17 AM
Any info on the 2 STI models?

jdmXSI
08-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by DannyO
Any info on the 2 STI models?

From what was released to us from Subaru, Your base STi will not have Navigation, BBS wheels or the tilt and sliding sunroof. Red is also a new color for 2009. Subaru hasent released any new pricing as of yet on the STi either.

Aleks
08-15-2008, 10:02 AM
First drive. Looks like it is improved. It will be interesting to see it compared to the Ralliart. I am guessing other than the Transmission the WRX will come out on top this time.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_lists/high_performance/evo_wrx_zone/2009_subaru_impreza_wrx_first_drive_review?cid=243

gpomp
08-15-2008, 12:46 PM
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FirstDrives/articleId=130748

heavyD
08-15-2008, 01:01 PM
First drive. Looks like it is improved. It will be interesting to see it compared to the Ralliart. I am guessing other than the Transmission the WRX will come out on top this time.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_lists/high_performance/evo_wrx_zone/2009_subaru_impreza_wrx_first_drive_review?cid=243

It's good that Subaru listened to the critics as the 08 WRX felt almost too Toyota-like. It's still a lower tech car than the Ralliart (more advanced tranny and AWD system) but the improved performance should keep Subaru fans happy. Wonder if 2010 is when they re-style so the looks match the performance.

jtsimaras
08-30-2008, 12:20 AM
USA pricing is going to remain unchanged for the 2009 WRX versus 2008 hmm hopefully Sub Canada follows....doubt it though we get screwed in canada on pricing.

full house
09-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Just like what the post written on the first thread, Its just a rumor . . .
I read the article too . . .

Aleks
09-01-2008, 07:48 PM
It's not a rumour anymore, WRX does get 265hp for the 09 model year.

heavyD
09-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by jtsimaras
USA pricing is going to remain unchanged for the 2009 WRX versus 2008 hmm hopefully Sub Canada follows....doubt it though we get screwed in canada on pricing.

Subaru has been pretty fair with Canadian 08 & especially 09 pricing IMO.