PDA

View Full Version : ham, egg and cheese sandwich - stephen ave

Wary
07-18-2008, 08:34 AM
I'm really hungry this morning and I could definitely go for a ham, egg and cheese sandwich! non fast-food!
Anyone know a good place along Stephen Ave? I'm in the Scotia Tower. There's a good one in Bankers Hall - Executive club, but I'm wanting to try a different place. There's also one in TD on the 3rd floor, but it's like 1 small egg on a sub but and doesn't taste good lol

schocker
07-18-2008, 08:44 AM
go find a subway and eat one of their breakfast sandwiches. there should be one around there somewhere.

Wary
07-18-2008, 08:46 AM
sorry, non-fast-food type of sandwich. made from scratch! those taste sooo good. i'd recommend going to try the one in bankers hall to see what i mean.

me&you
07-18-2008, 08:48 AM
Avenue dinner, across the street, a block or so east...

schocker
what about chachis in td, do they do breakfast

JWL
Sunterra makes a egg and ham crepe.

GQBalla
07-18-2008, 08:52 AM
sunterra is gross....

oh the stories of when the company i work for had them cater for us...

Neil4Speed
07-18-2008, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by schocker

Agreed, the large will fill you up for 5 hours! lol

Alterac
07-18-2008, 09:48 AM
Gulf Canada, there are 2 places that do breakfast like that..
or the Pita place for there breakfast.

msommers
07-18-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla
sunterra is gross....

Do tell

SilverGS
07-18-2008, 10:17 AM
sunterra is gross....

Really? How so?

I just had the French Omelette from there today. It was great. watched them make it since the kitchen is open and everything looked fine to me.

Jerms
07-18-2008, 10:20 AM
Cafe Supreme.. not sure where it is near your office... but they have locations in fifth ave place and bowvalley..

it's the breakfast bagel with cheese, ham, egg with a garlic mayo spread..

adam c
07-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by schocker

your sick man... they use the bathroom and don't even wash their hands and they make a huge mess in there.

unfortunately the girls in my office have to share the same bathroom as the women at cha chis and the stories they have told :barf:

-----

On a different note.. Choices in the Lancaster Building is pretty good

schocker
07-18-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by adam c

your sick man... they use the bathroom and don't even wash their hands and they make a huge mess in there.

unfortunately the girls in my office have to share the same bathroom as the women at cha chis and the stories they have told :barf:

i am going to go throw up now, at least i think i have only eaten there once or twice:barf:

bvanlankvelt
07-18-2008, 11:15 AM
If there is a Dutch restaurant in the area, try there and ask for an uitsmijter (or bouncer in English). It is bread with fried eggs, ham and often also Gouda cheese - delicious!

There was a place on 28th St NE, but they moved somewhere I believe closer to DT.

Neil4Speed
07-18-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by adam c

-----

On a different note.. Choices in the Lancaster Building is pretty good

What? Which bathroom would this be? 3rd Level TD or Metropolitan Grill? Also, what office could you be from that you would sharing the same bathroom? Doesn't Dome Tower and Home Oil both have washrooms on their own level?

Not trying to give you a third degree here or anything, and trust me, I think its pretty sick too if its true - but I know the owner (Wray) who is a really great guy and worked really hard to bring up that location and expand his fanchise, this kind of knowlage is pretty tarnishing and I am pretty sure he would like to know who it is who is doing this.

Choices is really good (Egg Ham Cheese Bagel with Ketchup!), and I really like Extreme Pita across.

adam c
07-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

What? Which bathroom would this be? 3rd Level TD or Metropolitan Grill? Also, what office could you be from that you would sharing the same bathroom? Doesn't Dome Tower and Home Oil both have washrooms on their own level?

Not trying to give you a third degree here or anything, and trust me, I think its pretty sick too if its true - but I know the owner (Wray) who is a really great guy and worked really hard to bring up that location and expand his fanchise, this kind of knowlage is pretty tarnishing and I am pretty sure he would like to know who it is who is doing this.

Choices is really good (Egg Ham Cheese Bagel with Ketchup!), and I really like Extreme Pita across.

the bathroom is in a back hall way right beside carlton cards store leading towards 2nd.. and i work at Calforex in the office behind the wall

Wary
07-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Just tried the Avenue Diner "Ultimate Sandwich" which is I think 2 eggs, bacon, tomato, with diced potato's on french bread? NO CHEESE It's pretty good, but it was $13, not worth the price IMO. I probably could have got 3 eggs with 4 slices of bacon, bread and hashbrowns for $9 elsewhere lol.

msommers
07-22-2008, 12:52 PM
sunterra is gross....

Still curious about this...

DJ_NAV
07-22-2008, 02:27 PM
ive had a bad exprience with sunterra before.. like 4 years ago... this was also when the company catered. Thier salad tray was too "fresh" that when it came from the farm that they forgot to even wash it.. i guess they wanted to maintain the freshness of the dirt that was on the salad. Unwashed lettuce with dirt was also used for their very simple sandwiches.

I have been to sunterra itself and have had many cooked items and they taste and seem fine. Just the catering my company used to have for every lunch meeting, seminars etc was gross.

Wary
07-24-2008, 09:54 AM
went to Cafe Supreme today. 2nd level Bow Valley in the food court. Pretty decent selection, very friendly people and the sandwich tastes pretty good for $3.66? only downside is they pour the egg white into a container and microwave it where bankers hall club actually fries a real egg...

tobslau
07-24-2008, 10:10 AM
If you are near Husky (Western Canada Place), there is an awesome bagel place called Bagelinos on 8 ave and 7st SW
The Ham, egg, cheese on a cheddar bagel is amazing.

clem24
07-24-2008, 10:51 AM
A&W ham 'n egger.

tobslau
07-24-2008, 11:20 AM
:rofl:
breakfast of champions

zipdoa
07-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Go to Canada Place... 2nd floor (+15 level). They're delicious!

KappaSigma
07-24-2008, 01:50 PM
Gulf Square building, the Pasta something place in the food court.

$2.70 for a huge 2 egg, massive bun with bacon and cheese sandwhich.