PDA

View Full Version : Going for a Ride? Watch out for Exploding birds...

BlkMaxima
07-18-2008, 10:58 AM
So I went for a ride last night and was on the highway going to a friends house. I'm going about 120-140KPH. I have an Icon Accelerant Jacket in white. If anyone has looked at these or has one. They will know about the vents on the shoulders for air.

I came up over a hill and started my decent. Once I got to the bottom of the hill I see these little sparrows flying around. I'm thinking, wow that would suck if one of those birds hit me. So I slowed down to 110KPH or so. Cruise for about another KM and I see this bird fly up off the ground infront of the bike. I ducked my head down but not my body and WHACK this bird hit my shoulder and exploded in the air vent. It hurt a little but not too bad. I look over at my shoulder before stopping and saw it stuck there. So I tried to flick it out with my hand. The remains of the bird fell onto the top of the tank. At this point I'm thinking this is fucking disgusting. I smacked it off the tank and onto the road.

For such a small bird they sure make a big mess. The tank and my pants were covered in blood and guts. Along with my gloves and my jacket being the worst.

Does anyone have any suggestion's on how to clean this shit out of the vent on my jacket? I don't want it to rot and have to buy a new one.

I would have grabbed some pictures but I was so grossed out I cleaned it off immediately after arriving at my friends house.:barf:

snowboard
07-18-2008, 11:03 AM
pressure wash it out of the ventt and then just let it dry
thats sick bro, sorry to hear that.

phrozen
07-18-2008, 11:06 AM
Dry Cleaners!! haha. Ohhhh man thats not good to have happen especially if you're on a bike. :barf:

em2ab
07-18-2008, 11:14 AM
I caught one in the side of my door on the highway in Saskatchewan a few weeks ago. Made a nice thump.

Supa Dexta
07-18-2008, 11:16 AM
I had a partridge fly right into my front wheel on an old dirtbike.. Feathers and blood every wheres.

BlkMaxima
07-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by phrozen
Dry Cleaners!! haha. Ohhhh man thats not good to have happen especially if you're on a bike. :barf:

Yeah, I'm just glad it wasn't something bigger. Like a Raven or something. It probably would have knocked me right off the bike.

analbumcover
07-18-2008, 01:40 PM
pics?

ZorroAMG
07-18-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by snowboard
pressure wash it out of the ventt and then just let it dry
thats sick bro, sorry to hear that.

I assume he is talking about vents in his JACKET, so pressure washing may not be the best option if it is leather.

Take it to a leather cleaner or if it is heavy duty nylon or whatever, then yeah, car wash wand and air dry.....

BlkMaxima
07-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

I assume he is talking about vents in his JACKET, so pressure washing may not be the best option if it is leather.

Take it to a leather cleaner or if it is heavy duty nylon or whatever, then yeah, car wash wand and air dry.....

Yeah, it's leather and inside the vent is like a tent screen mesh material. I'm just gonna clean the outside really well with leather cleaner and then wash inside the vent with some kind of antibacterial cleaner.

If it doesn't get it out. I will go to plan B and sell a near mint condition Icon Accelerant Jacket on Beyond.:devil:

ZorroAMG
07-18-2008, 03:07 PM
That should do the trick.....scrub that mesh and use leather cleaner..

snowboard
07-18-2008, 03:09 PM
i knoww.. pressure washer would work fine hahaha
just spray into the jacket out of the vent
fuck it, it wont wreck anything!
thats just sick, i wouldnt even want to scrub it, it would be too close to my hand hahaha

PS thats a really nice jacket haha

Graham_A_M
07-18-2008, 05:19 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

revelations
07-19-2008, 12:46 PM
Consider yourself fortunate - I know of a rider who perished a few years ago after a bird strike to her neck - she veered the bike into a ditch as a result of the strike and died of her injuries.

600cc's
07-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Crazy I hate hitting bee's but hitting a bird :eek: Atleast your okay:thumbsup: