Vehicle Details
Year : 1993
Make and Model : Acura NSX Coupe
Exterior Color : Black
Interior Color : Black
Auto or Manual? : 5-Speed Manual
Odometer Reading : 36xxx miles, or roughly 58xxx km
Location of Vehicle : Calgary, Alberta
Description : This Black on Black NSX is nearly as close to a "brand new" 93 NSX as you will be able to find. With extremely low miles, brand new tires, new version factory Acura 7-spoke rims, original paint and a flawless interior, this car is very collectible.

Air conditioning blows ice cold, engine, clutch, and transmission are smooth as butter, and none of the common problems (slow window regulators, trip odometer problem) are present in this pristine NSX. The car also gets impressive gas mileage considering the way it is geared and the acceleration it is capable of. This super-reliable, timeless super-car is perfect, and ready to go.
Extras : Rare Zanardi Edition Floor Mats, Factory 6-CD Changer, Spare OEM Floor Mats, Original Titanium Single-Piece Key, All Books / Manuals.
Asking Price : $ 49,995 OBO! - Edited to drop to 48,995 OBO July 25

Contact Information
E-Mail : [email protected]
Phone : (403) 969-7177

Pictures :

http://www.soobad.com/cars/92Black640xPics/BlackNSX0001.jpg

http://www.soobad.com/cars/92Black640xPics/BlackNSX0002.jpg

http://www.soobad.com/cars/92Black640xPics/BlackNSX0003.jpg

http://www.soobad.com/cars/92Black640xPics/BlackNSX0008.jpg

http://www.soobad.com/cars/92Black640xPics/BlackNSX0009.jpg

http://www.soobad.com/cars/92Black640xPics/BlackNSX00013.jpg

http://www.soobad.com/cars/92Black640xPics/BlackNSX00016.jpg

http://www.soobad.com/cars/92Black640xPics/BlackNSX00011.jpg

http://www.soobad.com/cars/92Black640xPics/BlackNSX0018.jpg

More high-res pictures available here: http://www.soobad.com/cars/index.php?path=BlackNSXAdPhotos%2FJPEG/ **Edited to Fix**

soobad
07-18-2008, 12:52 PM
Forgot to add vin! :burnout:

VIN number : - JH4NA1158PT000354 (I can provide spotless carfax ! )

jizzajames
07-18-2008, 03:05 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

soobad
07-21-2008, 11:00 AM
Bump!

I am around all day today if anyone would like to come have a look at the car, just give a call. :bigpimp:

soobad
07-22-2008, 04:39 PM
A little bit more information about the car;

*NOT* a JDM car, and has been registered in Canada for a while. Driven very sparingly by me, has custom daytime running lights (beautiful job of them, I must say).

This car is also the 1st year where the center console was changed to include cup holders, and there is a passenger side air bag as well... important updates! :D

soobad
07-24-2008, 05:38 PM
Bump.

soobad
07-25-2008, 05:01 PM
Price drop: 48,995 OBO. This is a steal... this exotic is almost indistinguishable from brand spankin new! If you're a glutton for speed, you can put a turbo or supercharger kit on one of these cars and have something more reliable and faster around the track than newer super cars worth 5-10x as much.

E36M3
07-25-2008, 06:51 PM
A 997 911 Turbo with $100,000 cash in the trunk would still be faster around any track than a turbo/supercharged NSX, and that is only 5x asking price.

Originally posted by soobad
Price drop: 48,995 OBO. This is a steal... this exotic is almost indistinguishable from brand spankin new! If you're a glutton for speed, you can put a turbo or supercharger kit on one of these cars and have something more reliable and faster around the track than newer super cars worth 5-10x as much.

5fivespeed
07-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Who cares. NSX ftw.
Good luck w. sale.

soobad
07-26-2008, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by E36M3
A 997 911 Turbo with $100,000 cash in the trunk would still be faster around any track than a turbo/supercharged NSX, and that is only 5x asking price.

I'm not so sure... their are 900+ rwhp Turbo NSX's in the States.

There is a guy in Calgary with a very conservatively done 500rwhp + Yellow one that would likely toast a GT2 or EVO 610 at the track, and they are basically a 997 Turbo w/ 100k in the trunk anyways.

The fact that it's even a thought of NSX + 10-15k extras vs 997 + 100k says more about the car's potential than anything if you ask me. :bigpimp:

Cheers 5speed.

E36M3
07-26-2008, 10:28 AM
It wouldn't be a contest, 900rwhp or not. Anyway, the car looks nice, it is just a silly claim.

I believe he was talking about the car he is selling for 50k competing with 250k supercars as is. It isn't realistic.

I'm not so sure... their are 900+ rwhp Turbo NSX's in the States.

There is a guy in Calgary with a very conservatively done 500rwhp + Yellow one that would likely toast a GT2 or EVO 610 at the track, and they are basically a 997 Turbo w/ 100k in the trunk anyways.

The fact that it's even a thought of NSX + 10-15k extras vs 997 + 100k says more about the car's potential than anything if you ask me. :bigpimp:

Cheers 5speed.

soobad
07-28-2008, 07:08 PM
It wouldn't be a contest, 900rwhp or not. Anyway, the car looks nice, it is just a silly claim.

Thanks for the praise on the car, and why are you talking out of your ass? Did you recently see a "250k" porsche on the track vs a 900rwhp NSX?

And... how did that go? :D

Originally posted by E36M3 I believe he was talking about the car he is selling for 50k competing with 250k supercars as is. It isn't realistic.

What I said was: "If you're a glutton for speed, you can put a turbo or supercharger kit on one of these cars and have something more reliable and faster around the track than newer super cars worth 5-10x as much."

NSX + Turbo kit = 500 rwhp (conservatively)

vs an F430 worth roughly 5x as much (as an example)... would get destroyed on the track or the strip.

Seems like a fair, factual claim to me?

E36M3
07-28-2008, 09:27 PM
I've seen a lot of heavily modified NSXes at the track and driven a couple of them. How many have you driven? I've owned a ton of 500hp + cars, how many have you owned?

You are talking out of your ass. Your imaginary 900 rwhp NSX doesn't exist, so it is hard to make any value judgement against it. The NSX is a lightweight, great handling car and one of my favorites. It has no power, and any modern supercar would make a mockery of it performance wise.

NSX + turbo kit = 500hp conservatively? Are you kidding me? Running that kind of boost is an absolute recipe for disaster. The most common setup seems to be the comptech supercharger, which is very expensive and nets about 400hp maximum.

If you really believe that an NSX with just a turbo kit will "destroy" a Ferrari F430 on a racetrack, you have no fucking clue. There is nothing else to say. The Ferrari is a modern masterpiece, the NSX was a very interesting curiosity in 1991 when it was released, but it is no way competitive with a car like that, don't be a moron.

Who the fuck cares which would win on a dragstrip? A $500 civic could kill an NSX for a small fraction of the price in a straight line, as could a motorcycle or anything else with lots of power and no weight, that does not make a supercar. Quarter mile speed is totally irrelevant, but it would still be an amazing feat for an NSX to be competitive with a true supercar in a straight line and yet be totally irrelevant. If you want to compare imaginary cars, compare my 2000 rwhp imaginary civic to your imaginary NSX you tool.

Thanks for the praise on the car, and why are you talking out of your ass? Did you recently see a "250k" porsche on the track vs a 900rwhp NSX?

And... how did that go? :D

What I said was: "If you're a glutton for speed, you can put a turbo or supercharger kit on one of these cars and have something more reliable and faster around the track than newer super cars worth 5-10x as much."

NSX + Turbo kit = 500 rwhp (conservatively)

vs an F430 worth roughly 5x as much (as an example)... would get destroyed on the track or the strip.

Seems like a fair, factual claim to me? [/B]

5fivespeed
07-29-2008, 12:49 AM
To the above poster,

Why don't you just PM him about this, stop shitting on a for sale thread. You're looking like a douche, oh wait. My bad :drama: If you hate on the NSX so much, try to find a Lambo, or something that you'd prefer that has the handling and front suspension influenced by Ayrton Senna.

I doubt you'll find one.
And if you don't know who that is, you really are talking out of your ass.

E36M3
07-29-2008, 02:28 AM
Shut up 08.

Originally posted by 5fivespeed
To the above poster,

Why don't you just PM him about this, stop shitting on a for sale thread. You're looking like a douche, oh wait. My bad :drama: If you hate on the NSX so much, try to find a Lambo, or something that you'd prefer that has the handling and front suspension designed by Ayrton Senna.

I doubt you'll find one.

Cody D
07-29-2008, 04:38 AM
I just want to point out that the 900rwhp NSX does exist, there are several in that power range (800-900rwhp), and 500hp NSX's are no longer rare. The old Comptech Supercharged cars are not what you should be looking at, the kits made by companies like Factor X and Lovefab are making serious power with the C30/C32 engines.

Brents 500rwhp Lovefab NSX in Calgary is amazingly fast.

I'm sure you know a lot about high performance cars, but the NSX has moved on from the CTSC days.

Edit: I'll add a thread from NSXPrime where they talk about peak numbers for NSX's... http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106906

You are talking out of your ass. Your imaginary 900 rwhp NSX doesn't exist, so it is hard to make any value judgement against it. The NSX is a lightweight, great handling car and one of my favorites. It has no power, and any modern supercar would make a mockery of it performance wise.

NSX + turbo kit = 500hp conservatively? Are you kidding me? Running that kind of boost is an absolute recipe for disaster. The most common setup seems to be the comptech supercharger, which is very expensive and nets about 400hp maximum.

E36M3
07-29-2008, 08:56 AM
Sorry, I wasn't being totally clear, and I am not trying to be a dick (well not totally). NSXes are beautiful cars, and any motor car develop lots of power given enough effort. The point is, and I don't mean to beat it to death, is that just because Car A has more power than Car B does not make Car A faster around a racetrack. Suspension, brakes and a cars basic platform contribute just as much to lap times, and it isn't fair to compare a 15 year old car to a modern 250k supercar just because there might be the potential for it to be modified. The NSX is an expensive platform to modify, but it is a very nice car. One of the guys in the thread you pointed out mentions that the internals of the NSX can only handle around 400hp, and that is what I have heard.. even at that power it becomes very dicey. It would be almost impossible to get anything above 400hp for anything like 5-15k (as stated above), at least based on my experience (unless you are handy with a wrench I suppose, who knows?)

Anyway, good luck with the sale, it looks like a beautiful car.. I would love to own one someday. If you'd like me to ask a mod to get rid of the comments, I'd be happy to.. didn't mean to rant.

Originally posted by Cody D
I just want to point out that the 900rwhp NSX does exist, there are several in that power range (800-900rwhp), and 500hp NSX's are no longer rare. The old Comptech Supercharged cars are not what you should be looking at, the kits made by companies like Factor X and Lovefab are making serious power with the C30/C32 engines.

Brents 500rwhp Lovefab NSX in Calgary is amazingly fast.

I'm sure you know a lot about high performance cars, but the NSX has moved on from the CTSC days.

Edit: I'll add a thread from NSXPrime where they talk about peak numbers for NSX's... http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106906

ScCab
07-29-2008, 09:16 AM
Obviously you don't know who E36M3 is. You are the idiot that is talking out of your ass right now.

To the above poster,

Why don't you just PM him about this, stop shitting on a for sale thread. You're looking like a douche, oh wait. My bad :drama: If you hate on the NSX so much, try to find a Lambo, or something that you'd prefer that has the handling and front suspension designed by Ayrton Senna.

I doubt you'll find one.

rage2
07-29-2008, 09:21 AM
I sold a NSX 12 years ago for less money.

http://nsx.beyond.ca/

I remember that car well, it was the best handling NSX's I've ever driven. Compare that to *any* of today's sports cars, even the shitty handling 911 turbos is just plain stupid.

E36M3
07-29-2008, 09:22 AM
Yeah, but for 5k, you could smash a Ferrari F430 around a race track.

NSX > Ferrari F430

Originally posted by rage2
I sold a NSX 12 years ago for less money.

http://nsx.beyond.ca/

rage2
07-29-2008, 09:57 AM
If you hate on the NSX so much, try to find a Lambo, or something that you'd prefer that has the handling and front suspension designed by Ayrton Senna.

I doubt you'll find one.
You won't find that in an NSX either. I am a huge Senna fan, he was the sole reason I started following F1. He did NOT design the NSX suspension, handling, or any part of the NSX. On 3 occasions, as a McLaren/Honda driver, he did Honda a favor by driving prototypes. The first was filmed (the Suzuka one) where he gave some feedback. From that, Honda stiffened the car up more, that was it.

Several months later, Honda then asked him to test the car again prior to production, where they dialed in the alignment settings to his driving preference (2 tests). What that means is unless you're Senna or have Senna's driving style, it's totally useless. The first year cars had huge issues with rear tire wear because of these suspension settings, and Honda changed them back to the non Senna settings the next model year.

This video was the first time he's driven the NSX.

yAwJsOECGBU

The car was already done at this point.

E36M3
07-29-2008, 10:40 AM
I seriously doubt that a modern Ferrari that is developed with Schumacher (I've heard he has won a few races) could be anywhere near as good as an NSX developed 15 years ago and driven twice by a long dead Formula 1 driver (did he develop the suspension in the car he crashed too? ..ok that was mean). Fucking 08s.. at least do a Google search before making yourself look retarded.

An NSX is way better than a Ferrari 348 (quantitatively speaking), I'll give you that. But so is the new Accord.

You won't find that in an NSX either. I am a huge Senna fan, he was the sole reason I started following F1. He did NOT design the NSX suspension, handling, or any part of the NSX. On 3 occasions, as a McLaren/Honda driver, he did Honda a favor by driving prototypes. The first was filmed (the Suzuka one) where he gave some feedback. From that, Honda stiffened the car up more, that was it.

Several months later, Honda then asked him to test the car again prior to production, where they dialed in the alignment settings to his driving preference (2 tests). What that means is unless you're Senna or have Senna's driving style, it's totally useless. The first year cars had huge issues with rear tire wear because of these suspension settings, and Honda changed them back to the non Senna settings the next model year.

This video was the first time he's driven the NSX.

yAwJsOECGBU

The car was already done at this point.

Whiley
07-29-2008, 02:03 PM
wow :thumbsdow to e36m3 that has sh*t all over his FS thread

bump for seller, nice ride :thumbsup:

Cody D
07-29-2008, 04:46 PM
If you want to throw out names when talking about the NSX it shouldn't be Senna it should be Gordon Murray, read the articles he wrote about the NSX.

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dggtsppm_6cgtnscht

Also Rowan Atkinson loves his, and who can argue with Mr. Bean. In an older article he said that besides his McLaren F1 his NSX is his second daily driver.

Impreza
07-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Wow, you guys have no clue....... E36M3 speaks the truth here. I mean, to even compare a 90s NSX to an F430.... HAHHA

5fivespeed
07-29-2008, 06:03 PM
Shut up 08.

Well, in terms of the previous posts - I guess I'm wrong on the Senna part, so I'll take back my statement.

Regardless, you don't shit on a for sale thread. Good luck OP with the sale.

G-Suede
07-29-2008, 08:53 PM

Well, in terms of the previous posts - I guess I'm wrong on the Senna part, so I'll take back my statement.

No man, it's ok if it's the admins doing it...nobody else though, ok?

;)

rage2
07-29-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Cody D
If you want to throw out names when talking about the NSX it shouldn't be Senna it should be Gordon Murray, read the articles he wrote about the NSX.

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dggtsppm_6cgtnscht

Also Rowan Atkinson loves his, and who can argue with Mr. Bean. In an older article he said that besides his McLaren F1 his NSX is his second daily driver.
Don't get me wrong, the NSX was an awesome car... in 1991. It revolutionalized sports cars, and brought an end to shitty cars coming out of Italy. If it wasn't for the NSX raising the bar, we'd still have shitty cars such as the 348 and Countach. If you've had the pleasure of driving these late 80's cars, you'd know what I'm talking about. Gordon Murray touched on those points, and that's why he loves that car. My first real car is a 944 turbo, one day I still want one again. It's still a fucking POS compared to today's cars. Doesn't mean anything.

That was 17 frickin' years ago. If you genuinely believe that nobody has progressed in 17 years and that the cars today are even remotely comparable to a 17 year old design, you should just quit the internet now.

The OP made a really stupid claim, and he tried to defend it. That's it.

Originally posted by G-Suede

;)
Ya pretty much haha. But really, you say something THAT retarded in a FS thread, you'll get called out. We've let non admins slide on the same shit when it's just ridiculous.

Cody D
07-29-2008, 09:50 PM
That was 17 frickin' years ago. If you genuinely believe that nobody has progressed in 17 years and that the cars today are even remotely comparable to a 17 year old design, you should just quit the internet now.

I know cars have improved, I just wanted to put in my $0.02 about the NSX, I'll always be a huge fan.

Jlude
07-29-2008, 10:08 PM

;)

Ya pretty much haha.

Almost sig material :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

soobad
07-31-2008, 03:16 PM
You are talking out of your ass. Your imaginary 900 rwhp NSX doesn't exist, so it is hard to make any value judgement against it.

http://www.lovefabdownloads.com/cody/NSX/CCF06102008_00000small.JPG

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1017526&postcount=1

Talking out of your ass; would be defined by saying something that isn't defensible because it's "conjecture".

Me saying that an NSX can, for significantly less than the cost of buying an F430 be faster on a track, isn't talking out of my ass. It's not only plausible, it has been done, more than a couple times, and is a defensible fact.

You, on the other hand, are completely talking out of your ass. Still. :nut:

The NSX is a lightweight, great handling car and one of my favorites. It has no power, and any modern supercar would make a mockery of it performance wise.

If that were true, then why would you post something detrimental to my FS thread, that is completely conjecture and can only serve to start a pointless "theoretical car vs car" argument like this:

The claim that I made was defensible. There are examples in the real world of modified NSX's that for relatively cheap, post fantastic and often "super car beating" track times.

The claim you made isn't defensible, because it's conjecture by definition.

Originally posted by E36M3 NSX + turbo kit = 500hp conservatively? Are you kidding me? Running that kind of boost is an absolute recipe for disaster. The most common setup seems to be the comptech supercharger, which is very expensive and nets about 400hp maximum.

If you really believe that an NSX with just a turbo kit will "destroy" a Ferrari F430 on a racetrack, you have no fucking clue.

I think that it's quite possible... which is all I ever suggested.

Do I think that it's usually the case? No. Do I think it's a common occurrence? No. I never suggested as such. But it is possible, and that was a noteworthy point, to point out that a 15 year old honda-designed car can, with a relatively small investment into some modification be made quite competitive with a car of the 430's stature on a track.

As for you saying that I have "no fucking clue". You also don't know what I have driven / owned, and you clearly are quite ignorant and have very little class... regardless of how many "500+ hp cars" you have owned.

Originally posted by E36M3 If you want to compare imaginary cars, compare my 2000 rwhp imaginary civic to your imaginary NSX you tool.

You're the one that wanted to compare "imaginary cars", and you are the tool who pointlessly incited a bunch of negative crap in my thread, as well as insulted me numerous times for merely correcting you.

Mods, please leave all this here in the thread. (Even bad publicity is good publicity, I suppose?)

G'day!

To rage2: My claim wasn't so ridiculous that it justified anyone coming into my FS thread, blatantly starting an argument, and calling me "fucking clueless". I've been perfectly classy and diplomatic up till this point in my defense (and choice not to post while everyone else had a field day). Since the publicity this thread may have generated for the car is basically ruined, and e36m3 has only been proven wrong on numerous points throughout the thread, perhaps you should reconsider who you give adminship to?

E36M3
07-31-2008, 05:52 PM
I don't know where to start. You don't know when you are beat, so it is a waste of time. You are a fucking tool.

Peace out. Is there some way to mark this fucking moron as an 08?

If you corrected me somewhere, feel free to chime in you fucking tool

http://www.lovefabdownloads.com/cody/NSX/CCF06102008_00000small.JPG

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1017526&postcount=1

Talking out of your ass; would be defined by saying something that isn't defensible because it's "conjecture".

Me saying that an NSX can, for significantly less than the cost of buying an F430 be faster on a track, isn't talking out of my ass. It's not only plausible, it has been done, more than a couple times, and is a defensible fact.

You, on the other hand, are completely talking out of your ass. Still. :nut:

If that were true, then why would you post something detrimental to my FS thread, that is completely conjecture and can only serve to start a pointless "theoretical car vs car" argument like this:

The claim that I made was defensible. There are examples in the real world of modified NSX's that for relatively cheap, post fantastic and often "super car beating" track times.

The claim you made isn't defensible, because it's conjecture by definition.

I think that it's quite possible... which is all I ever suggested.

Do I think that it's usually the case? No. Do I think it's a common occurrence? No. I never suggested as such. But it is possible, and that was a noteworthy point, to point out that a 15 year old honda-designed car can, with a relatively small investment into some modification be made quite competitive with a car of the 430's stature on a track.

As for you saying that I have "no fucking clue". You also don't know what I have driven / owned, and you clearly are quite ignorant and have very little class... regardless of how many "500+ hp cars" you have owned.

You're the one that wanted to compare "imaginary cars", and you are the tool who pointlessly incited a bunch of negative crap in my thread, as well as insulted me numerous times for merely correcting you.

Mods, please leave all this here in the thread. (Even bad publicity is good publicity, I suppose?)

G'day!

To rage2: My claim wasn't so ridiculous that it justified anyone coming into my FS thread, blatantly starting an argument, and calling me "fucking clueless". I've been perfectly classy and diplomatic up till this point in my defense (and choice not to post while everyone else had a field day). Since the publicity this thread may have generated for the car is basically ruined, and e36m3 has only been proven wrong on numerous points throughout the thread, perhaps you should reconsider who you give adminship to?

Curcic
07-31-2008, 10:10 PM
i dont really know why you guys are fighting over ferarris and acuras?:dunno:
this guy selling the 93 NSX has an absolutley beautiful ride
i hope it sells to the right person, as for people trashing the NSX against a F430
Come on, dont you guys have better things to do other than argue about which car is better?
Good luck on sale my friend.

soobad
08-03-2008, 05:22 PM
I don't know where to start. You don't know when you are beat, so it is a waste of time. You are a fucking tool.

Peace out. Is there some way to mark this fucking moron as an 08?

How old are you? 12?

Well I might as well have fun with this, so...

If you corrected me somewhere, feel free to chime in you fucking tool

Sure. Since your reading comprehension is obviously quite limited, I will point out exactly how and where you were corrected, which is basically every statement you have made in this thread.

#1:

I believe he was talking about the car he is selling for 50k competing with 250k supercars as is. It isn't realistic.

And then I corrected you by re-posting what I originally said -- that the car would be competitive with a turbo kit, for example.

#2:

Your imaginary 900 rwhp NSX doesn't exist

Well actually, yes it does. I posted the dyno graph of one of them (which you quoted), do you know what a dyno graph is?

#3:

The NSX is a lightweight, great handling car and one of my favorites. It has no power, and any modern supercar would make a mockery of it performance wise.

Not exactly. With relatively slight modifications, it would absolutely trash most modern "super cars" on a track, as I said earlier - again and again.

The Ferrari is a modern masterpiece, the NSX was a very interesting curiosity in 1991 when it was released, but it is no way competitive with a car like that, don't be a moron.

Oh really? How about some Nurburgring times? They are from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordschleife_fastest_lap_times

7:55 Ferrari F430 F1 490 PS/1493 kg
7:56 Honda NSX-R (NA2) 280 PS/1270 kg

Oh look at that. Your "masterpiece" F430 with an extra TWO HUNDRED AND TEN horsepower is how much faster than the lightly modified stock engine NSX? That's right. ONE second.

OBVIOUSLY, the F430 is going to get destroyed by an NSX with a bit of extra power.

Originally posted by Impreza
Wow, you guys have no clue....... E36M3 speaks the truth here. I mean, to even compare a 90s NSX to an F430.... HAHHA

HAHHA indeed. :rofl:

#4:

NSX + turbo kit = 500hp conservatively? Are you kidding me? Running that kind of boost is an absolute recipe for disaster.

Here I didn't even have to prove you wrong, Cody D did for me. Here is the summary: "500hp NSX's are no longer rare. The old Comptech Supercharged cars are not what you should be looking at, the kits made by companies like Factor X and Lovefab are making serious power with the C30/C32 engines."

Bottom line, there are plenty of guys reliably making more than enough power to make you wrong, and all my claims, well... right.

---

Well, I think I've made my point. :angel: :rofl: :rofl:

The car is conditionally sold... so mods feel free to lock the thread, thanks!

Cheers Curcic, Cody D, rage2, 5fivespeed, Whiley. :D

HPR
08-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Awesome and sex car. Good luck with the sale!

rage2
08-03-2008, 07:42 PM
What you said was:

That 900whp NSX isn't a bolt on supercharger or turbo kit. It's an expensive custom job that only runs on race gas.

But it is possible, and that was a noteworthy point, to point out that a 15 year old honda-designed car can, with a relatively small investment into some modification be made quite competitive with a car of the 430's stature on a track.
Not with the same reliability. Anyone can build a car that can go fast at the track for a few laps.

I've seen F430s take a beating at the track. Hell, E36M3 took his 430 around the world for the Gumball run 2 years ago. I've spoke with guys that's owned turbo'd NSX's beat their car up at the track. No comparison in reliability.

perhaps you should reconsider who you give adminship to?
#1, don't ever question me. #2, E36M3 is not an admin nor a mod. I'm the only power trippin' admin in this thread ;).

Oh really? How about some Nurburgring times? They are from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordschleife_fastest_lap_times

7:55 Ferrari F430 F1 490 PS/1493 kg
7:56 Honda NSX-R (NA2) 280 PS/1270 kg

Oh look at that. Your "masterpiece" F430 with an extra TWO HUNDRED AND TEN horsepower is how much faster than the lightly modified stock engine NSX? That's right. ONE second.

OBVIOUSLY, the F430 is going to get destroyed by an NSX with a bit of extra power.

You're talking about a NSX-R, low weight low production and $$$ car. We're talking about your 93 first gen NSX.

mark4091
08-03-2008, 09:51 PM
"Price drop: 48,995 OBO. This is a steal... this exotic is almost indistinguishable from brand spankin new! If you're a glutton for speed, you can put a turbo or supercharger kit on one of these cars and have something more reliable and faster around the track than newer super cars worth 5-10x as much"

Something tells me putting 900 hp into a 17 year old 300 hp honda isn't going to be more reliable than a new F430.

The Cosworth
08-03-2008, 10:00 PM
lol at this FS thread.

OP your an idiot. I'll give you $17,000 considering the age. I dont give a shit how prized it is.

It is like Country Hills toyota selling that MkIII supra for $45,000.00 I dont care how rare or Low KM it is.

Cody D
08-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by The Cosworth
lol at this FS thread.

OP your an idiot. I'll give you $17,000 considering the age. I dont give a shit how prized it is.

It is like Country Hills toyota selling that MkIII supra for $45,000.00 I dont care how rare or Low KM it is.

I just sold my high mileage 1991 NSX for $33,000.00 3 days after putting it up for sale, asking over $40,000 for a low mileage NSX is a far cry from the crazy shit that Country Hills is smoking.

ekguy
08-03-2008, 10:59 PM
I have personally seen this car. Don't know the op but I have seen it up close and it's immaculate. Even my girlfriend who is oblivious to most cars took a quick notice to this.

The price is spot on.

Let the op sell for what he wants and it's clearly worth this as well.

G-Suede
08-04-2008, 08:53 AM
For road cars, I thought Ferrari was the antithesis of reliability and Honda set the standard. Even with a mild twin screw unit on top I'd take my chances on the 15 year old Honda being more reliable than a Ferrari, a new Porsche on the other hand....

Off topic, how's the service side of Ferrari in Calgary for units still under warranty?

I believe what the OP is stating (perhaps in an embellished fashion) is that for a fraction of the cost the NSX can approach elite territory, even by todays standards, if careful enhancements are performed. Is it really as black and white as the detractors make it out to be?

Caveat: Obviously, I'd rather own the F430, GT3/2, Gallardo, etc. but that's not the point of the debate.

soobad
08-05-2008, 05:27 PM
I believe what the OP is stating (perhaps in an embellished fashion) is that for a fraction of the cost the NSX can approach elite territory, even by todays standards, if careful enhancements are performed. Is it really as black and white as the detractors make it out to be?

Caveat: Obviously, I'd rather own the F430, GT3/2, Gallardo, etc. but that's not the point of the debate.

Thank you! :bigpimp:

If only I could be so eloquent.

sgouki
08-06-2008, 01:52 AM
This whole thread should be deleted and redone. You know things get bad when the board owner comes in and is not on your side.
Beautiful car man.

autospeed
08-06-2008, 08:15 AM

#1, don't ever question me. #2, E36M3 is not an admin nor a mod. I'm the only power trippin' admin in this thread ;).

That's sig worthy right there imo. :D

G-Suede
08-06-2008, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by sgouki
This whole thread should be deleted and redone. You know things get bad when the board owner comes in and is not on your side.
Beautiful car man.

Agreed. People catch more grief for shitting on a $2000 cavalier thread.

I would expect buyers in the market for a well kept example of an NSX to be acutely aware of the benefits and limitations of the car, and would take the sellers hyperbole with a grain of salt. I could understand the bashing if the sellers claims related to condition, history, or ownership, but why have a bench war in someone's for sale thread?

h3ad_rush
08-06-2008, 09:35 AM
just wondering...of all these comments, arguments and bullshit that doesn't concern the sale of this car...

which car would get more pussy?
:confused:

also, which car would have more fuck space?

bump for a very nice ride. GL with sale.:thumbsup:

rage2
08-06-2008, 09:57 AM
For road cars, I thought Ferrari was the antithesis of reliability and Honda set the standard. Even with a mild twin screw unit on top I'd take my chances on the 15 year old Honda being more reliable than a Ferrari, a new Porsche on the other hand....
Ferrari reliability in the 80's sucked. That changed when the NSX was released, Ferrari woke up and got their act together. They make quality cars now (even tho I fucking hate Ferrari).

If you think adding FI to a stock NA car won't give you problems, you're on crack. Even I have problems on my car. Broken axels, blown off charge piping. They may be minor but they're still problems.

Originally posted by h3ad_rush
just wondering...of all these comments, arguments and bullshit that doesn't concern the sale of this car...

which car would get more pussy?
:confused:

also, which car would have more fuck space?
Only an NSX fanboy would claim that an NSX will get you more pussy.

As for fuck space, the NSX is a fucking tight fit (damn tiny asians). I'm 6'2" there's no way I could fuck in an NSX. F355 is kinda tiny too, so I'd say no to that, but the F360 and F430's are roomy enough for uncomfy sex.

95EagleAWD
08-06-2008, 10:06 AM
I couldn't have sex in the NSX, and I'm 5'11".

As for the reliability of the old NSXs, all I know is I had mine for two and a half years, bagged it hard, tracked it and never spent a dime on it. It took everything I threw at it. And I sold it for 32K.

G-Suede
08-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Ferrari reliability in the 80's sucked. That changed when the NSX was released, Ferrari woke up and got their act together. They make quality cars now (even tho I fucking hate Ferrari).

If you think adding FI to a stock NA car won't give you problems, you're on crack. Even I have problems on my car. Broken axels, blown off charge piping. They may be minor but they're still problems.

Ferrari may have woke up, but there's evidence they got up on the wrong side of the bed and are still grumpy. :)

Obviously adding FI has risks, but as I mentioned a mild well thought out twin screw system and tune should net decent results and has proven very reliable on numerous NSX's. The HPF turbo w/ methanol versus a Comptech twin screw system isn't the best comparison of FI applications in my mind.