PDA

View Full Version : Tyee Imports

endo
07-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Anyone here ever heard of/dealt with them? A friend of mine pointed me their way, more out of curiosity than anything, but they have some gorgeous cars for ridiculously low prices. Probably all flogged within an inch of their lives, but I'm curious....really, a gorgeous FD RX7 for under $10k!?! Even if you have to drop in a whole new engine, it's still cheaper than most around here...

xLostx
07-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Bought my old fairlady off them, kind of a hastle to go out to vancouver island but i guess it makes for an adventure. as for the car, they did a paint job on it which as time went by I noticed quite a few imperfections. The clutch was slipping and eventually went from which i heard from the guy who bought it off of me, had a mysterious coolant leak as well and needed new tires in the rear.

I gave them a deposit for one car but decided on another Z, emailed the guy who runs tyee and asked if i could move my deposit over to the other Z and he said yeah sure. week or 2 goes by and the car i had a deposit on is sold, so I wasn't all that pleased and ended up getting the initial Z i picked out. When I got there he tried to add on taxes as well but when I initially put the deposit down, we had agreed on $8500 for the car done deal, so I got the car for 8500 in the end. I still check their website once in a while, along with all the import websites but I dunno, I'm not sure if I would recommend them.

glockoperator
07-18-2008, 10:59 PM
Just import yourself.May take a little longer,still very easy,and at a fraction of the cost.All you need is the right exporter

eglove
07-18-2008, 11:07 PM
i'm from the island and it's pretty up and down. some people recommend some don't.

i would personally just bring something in yourself.

much easier, well easier as in less of a hassle with no middleman

ottamania
07-18-2008, 11:36 PM
just bring it ur self man. call abc custom brokers in vancouver for your custom clearance stuff. they are pretty good. once it clears up call searail for a cheap but risky transaction to bring to cgy.

glockoperator
07-19-2008, 08:31 AM
I actually had 4 mini trucks shipped straight to Calgary-no need to change shippers mid way.Clear customs yourself,takes about 1/2 hour.Main thing is a good exporter,if he has done what you pay him to do ,customs has nothing to hassle you about.SIMPLE---