PDA

View Full Version : What do you do? Road Rage...

ICEBERG
07-19-2008, 03:27 PM
Hi guy's

Need to vent.

I was coming home from market mall this afternoon. Got onto country hills Blvd. There is a construction zone there where the speed limit is 50km/h. SO i slow down... Anyways this A$$hole in a ford bronco comes up my ass and starts honking like crazy. At first i didn't know what was going on, than i saw him pointing at me to get off the road.. I am like WTF!!!

So i am still minding my own business doing 50K, at this point he is few inches off my rear bumper. I get my hand out from the window and tell him to get off my A$$. He gets more pissed and starts honking again.

So the construction zone ends and i speed up.I Come up to the lights at 14th and country hills Blvd. And this idiot comes beside me.

He sticks his head out and want's me to get out of the car. I roll down my window and tell him to screw off.. He is than telling me that i talk too much and should get the F@$k out of the car so he can kick my ass.

What would you have done if you where in my shoes. This city is becoming full of hill-billy F@#ks. What i did was, I let him go on his merry way and i turned off without any more trouble.

I know this is wrong of me to say, But while i was driving i felt like a little pussy. I felt like i should have got out and kicked his ass all over the place. I am 225lbs at 6' 2 so i am not a little guy I can hold my own pretty good. But at the end i guess i was the better person.

teg_boya
07-19-2008, 03:30 PM
i have had that pussy feeling.... but it was only cause my friend told me i am what i eat

:rolleyes:

Xamim
07-19-2008, 03:36 PM
Brake check :dunno:

Tik-Tok
07-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by ICEBERG
What would you have done if you where in my shoes. This city is becoming full of hill-billy F@#ks. What i did was, I let him go on his merry way and i turned off without any more trouble.

I know this is wrong of me to say, But while i was driving i felt like a little pussy. I felt like i should have got out and kicked his ass all over the place. I am 225lbs at 6' 2 so i am not a little guy I can hold my own pretty good. But at the end i guess i was the better person.

I would do the same, and not because you're a pussy if you don't get out and fight, but because you're more civilized. Fighting just feeds those kinds of apes attitudes.

Props to you.

Benny
07-19-2008, 03:50 PM
Road rage is never worth throwing hands over.

Jlude
07-19-2008, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

I would do the same, and not because you're a pussy if you don't get out and fight, but because you're more civilized. Fighting just feeds those kinds of apes attitudes.

Props to you.

Couldn't have said it better.

Odds are that if you would have gotten out and done something, you would have just caused more headaches for yourself. Even after punching some guy out, would it have made you feel better? Maybe for a moment, but not likely.

You did the right thing. That's the difference between you and him, Self control & Class.

Jlude
07-19-2008, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Xamim
Brake check :dunno:

Not bloody worth it, especially if buddy is inches from his bumper.

Brake Check works perfectly, but not for someone who is irate.

saiyajin
07-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by teg_boya
i have had that pussy feeling.... but it was only cause my friend told me i am what i eat

:rofl:

alloroc
07-19-2008, 05:29 PM
You did the right thing.

Next time break out the cell and take a picture of him behind you.

Then let him pass and get one of his plate.

Then post them so we can all laugh at him.

rmk
07-19-2008, 05:43 PM
You did the right thing, don't second guess yourself.

at the end of the day, you roll home in a BMW and he putts around in an old Bronco, pissed off.

1slow7
07-19-2008, 05:47 PM
i would have probably knocked him around in the middle of the street....

but thats me....

max_boost
07-19-2008, 05:52 PM
You didn't do anything because you have class. But that doesn't mean you wouldn't have enjoyed giving him a beating. I bet he wasn't even paying attention to the 50 sign. Oh well, over and done with right :D

alloroc
07-19-2008, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by 1slow7
i would have probably knocked him around in the middle of the street....

but thats me....

There are a few problems with this attitude the most obvious being that you could wind up getting your ass kicked instead. It is ALWAYS better to find a way not to fight.

I used to help teach self defence years ago. There are some basic rules when it comes random street fights.

First: Drugs: You just never know if the guy is doped up or not. You could very well be able to lay a beating on someone but if they don't feel it you could be in serious shit.

Second: Size&Skill: No matter who you are and what kind of training you have there are people out there who will have your number, its just the way it is.

Third: Escalation: You don't know who this guy his or where his mental state is at. There is no control on the street. Either you take the guy down in a way he won't be able to get up from, and risk the associated charges, or you risk him pulling out a weapon - if he doesn't pull a weapon on you at the outset.

Fourth: Weapons: If YOU pull a weapon you can count on two things. 1) You better be prepared to use it or you will die. 2) Jailtime.

jdmSiR
07-19-2008, 06:06 PM
+ uno

Originally posted by teg_boya

Carlton
07-19-2008, 06:11 PM
What you did is good but on your way before your turn off you should have called him a fag.

bignerd
07-19-2008, 06:14 PM
I agree with just ignoring him. Usually giving any kind of response in those situations just adds fuel to the fire.

You can always threaten to call the police or if you are actually afraid for you safety you could drive where there are people or drive to a police station, I can guarantee they won't follow you in there. I find most times though trying to call the police on the non-emergency line you wait on hold too long...

old&slow
07-19-2008, 06:28 PM
If he's on your ass and honking ,why not let him go by if you have room...that way he gets what he wants and you get nothing said to you. Granted what he wants is wrong but your not a cop and he will get his in due time...if it was me I think I'd move over and let him go.

snowboard
07-19-2008, 06:36 PM
i would have re-arranged his face according to my tire iron.

fuck guys like that. if im doing th esppeeed limit and they wanna tail gate me ill tilly them!

on another note, it looks like im wearing a wifebeater because of my burn
weoooooooooo
fuckin shit

ICEBERG
07-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by old&slow
If he's on your ass and honking ,why not let him go by if you have room...that way he gets what he wants and you get nothing said to you. Granted what he wants is wrong but your not a cop and he will get his in due time...if it was me I think I'd move over and let him go.

I couldn't let him go by. The cunstruction area was only 1 lane both ways. If it was 2 lanes i would have let the idiot pass me and go on his way. I guess he got really pi$$ed because he got stuck behind me going 50k :rolleyes: It must have been really tough on him to go that slow. Poor guy.

obliterate8
07-19-2008, 10:13 PM
I have a 10 ft whip in my car for this shit..
usually people back the fuck up when i resort to this, specially when I show I know how to use it.

BrknFngrs
07-19-2008, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by obliterate8
usually people back the fuck up when i resort to this, specially when I show I know how to use it.
:confused: A whip? Wtf?

obliterate8
07-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Yeah, its one of the best defences aside from a gun..
I keep my distance, if you pull a knife that shit is getting whacked out of your hand. Than your getting 5 belts to the face..

rmk
07-19-2008, 10:39 PM
lol a whip? you can't be serious.

max_boost
07-19-2008, 10:43 PM
If Indy can use it effectively, why not obliterate8? :whipped:

BrknFngrs
07-19-2008, 10:44 PM
http://www.toplessrobot.com/indiana_jones.jpg

jbabante
07-19-2008, 10:59 PM
B.M.W driver rite? u should've let him pass you and turn ONLY ur red halo lights on (scary), and let the Euro Power kicked in, cut him left and right (not using ur signal light of course) all the way to his ranch.

rmk
07-19-2008, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by jbabante
B.M.W driver rite? u should've let him pass you and turn ONLY ur red halo lights on (scary), and let the Euro Power kicked in, cut him left and right (not using ur signal light of course) all the way to his trailer.

Fixed :thumbsup:

Weapon_R
07-19-2008, 11:21 PM
Did he have a Saskatchewan or Maritime license plate?

Jlude
07-20-2008, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Maritime license plate?

What exactly are you trying to say?

spikerS
07-20-2008, 12:34 PM
i had a guy stop me on the street and yell for me to get out as he was walking up to my car. I got out, (i am 6'5" and 275lbs) he took one look and ran back to his pick up and took off....

EvolutionI
07-20-2008, 03:02 PM
I would have done nothing. Well, I would have had a little fun with him, in that I would cut him off AFTER the light, brake check him, slowly speed up, if he follows me, off he goes. He isn't catching me in a shitty little bronco.

VetteRacin
07-20-2008, 10:31 PM
I would have slowed down more, maybe to 40k or so then turn off and do nothing while watching him get even more angry

nj2Type-S
07-21-2008, 12:46 PM
you did the right thing by not leaving your vehicle. some may say that you should've gotten out and kicked his ass but you never know what he might be carrying. he might've had a gun or a bat or something with him? what do you have with you? this dude could possibly have been psycho for all you know.

it's VERY frustrating when someone on the road just "bullies" you around but you're on a public road and unfortunately, these people do exist. in the end, you got home pissed but unscathed.

also, i don't agree with the whole 'brake checking' thing in this situation. this dude drives a bimmer and that idiot drives a bronco....he probably would've just rammed the bimmer, lol.

Eleanor
07-21-2008, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Jlude
What exactly are you trying to say?

:rofl: at selective discrimination anger

nj2Type-S
07-21-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Did he have a Saskatchewan or Maritime license plate?

lol, i actually think saskatchewan drivers are better than alberta ddrivers, lol....or just calgary...calgary's got terrible drivers. :thumbsdow

SHO
07-21-2008, 12:54 PM
Get out in front of him going down the road and give him the Lincoln bath. Ie "chuck all you loose change outta the window in front of him".

BlkMaxima
07-21-2008, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by spikers
i had a guy stop me on the street and yell for me to get out as he was walking up to my car. I got out, (i am 6'5" and 275lbs) he took one look and ran back to his pick up and took off....

I had this happen once or twice too. lol

Supa Dexta
07-21-2008, 01:10 PM

A WHIP! bahahah thats the gayest thing I've heard today.. I'd rush you and choke you with it.. :rofl:

Also I would have slowed down more, and acted confused when he got even madder.. :rofl:

Euro_Trash
07-21-2008, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S
you never know what he might be carrying. he might've had a gun or a bat or something with him?

Or a whip!

Hakkola
07-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by BlkMaxima

I had this happen once or twice too. lol

Man you guys have bad luck. The only thing even remotely bad to ever happen to me while driving is some old guy in a pt cruiser swerved at me. :dunno:

Impreza
07-21-2008, 01:45 PM
These situations are far too common nowadays. It happens everywhere! You did the right thing though, but I know what you mean!

Like when some asshole is trying to pick a fight with you, and they egg you on like no tomorrow... it would be so easy to knock their teeth out haha

Kona9
07-21-2008, 01:46 PM
1) He already proved he was the loser. What else do you need?

2) They hate it even more when you laugh at them. No harm no foul!

BlkMaxima
07-21-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

Man you guys have bad luck. The only thing even remotely bad to ever happen to me while driving is some old guy in a pt cruiser swerve at me. :dunno:

I think it's funny when this happens.

The best one was this one guy. He got out and ran up to my window and started yelling at me to get out. So I got out and said "What are you going to do?"

The guy said " Uhh, Nothing. Fuck you." and ran back to his car. lol

Supa Dexta
07-21-2008, 02:24 PM
I once stopped my car in rush hour traffic on 14th, and got out after 2 guys in a truck, who were being retarded and took a few swipes at me/rode my bumper/drove along side me in the wrong lane, trying to run me off the road... Once stopped they wouldn't get out either. Most of these losers just feel tough behind the wheel, until the run into someone who will stand up to them.

rc2002
07-21-2008, 02:30 PM
OP, I think you made the right choice.

It could've ended badly. If you did beat him to a pulp and got charged for assault, that wouldn't be worth it. Or if he was carrying a weapon, it might not matter that you could take him in a fist fight, and it still wouldn't be worth it.

03ozwhip
07-21-2008, 02:45 PM
i hate assholes. i am a nice enough guy until youre a complete dick to me. then im the asshole. 2 days ago i was driving home, minding my own business on highway 1 and some goof in a brand new jeep srt 8 cuts me off on a completely open highway. of course i was like WTF, and usually i would speed up beside them and give them the finger, but this time i was calm and cool, and just drove up beside him with a dirty look. well, i guess he didnt like the dirty look i gave him because he sped up beside me and started fingering me and yelling at me. this time i fucking lost it, because i was still a nice guy about HIM cutting ME off and hes freaking on me!! so i start freaking out at him and hes swerving at me and shit and then CUTS ME OFF AGAIN while he was turning right just a few clicks outside chestermere this time i slammed on my brakes and and ducked behind him, followed him up honking and pulling in front of him telling him to ppull over, but of course big bad srt 8 guy was a little pussy and wouldnt even stop. like i said, im not an asshole at all, but if you fuck with me after ive been nice, then i have no issues being that guy. i fucking hate people.

aram1000
07-21-2008, 02:48 PM
I agree that the OP did the right thing, had a similar situation happen to me not too long ago, same thing, stupid young kid in an oversized pickup think he's the shit, almost hit me twice, then got in the other lane, stuck his head out and thought he was all tough. Then speeds off and what not. These guys are just dumb and there isn't much one can do, but you know what, they'll keep doing it til they get theirs. As for Sask drivers, they are pretty shitty, not gonna lie, lately its just been getting worse

nj2Type-S
07-21-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Euro_Trash

Or a whip!

oh, yeah! can't be too careful these days cuz people be packing whips, hahah

msommers
07-21-2008, 03:37 PM
People who get angry like that really make me laugh. If someone is on my ass because I'm going 55 in a 50 zone, I'll slow down to 40 just to piss em off more. Go ahead, hit my car, I need an excuse to get a new one anyways :rofl:

TKRIS
07-21-2008, 03:58 PM

Haha. That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.
A whip is just dangerous enough to be considered a weapon, therefore giving the other guy justification to stab your stupid ass.

gofastmerc
07-21-2008, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by msommers
People who get angry like that really make me laugh. If someone is on my ass because I'm going 55 in a 50 zone, I'll slow down to 40 just to piss em off more. Go ahead, hit my car, I need an excuse to get a new one anyways :rofl:

X2

Then blow them a kiss when they go by.

Holy F@CK do they get mad. :nut:

03ozwhip
07-21-2008, 06:22 PM
^^^ that was you, you motherfucker!!!

j/k. i do hate when they do that though.

KRyn
07-21-2008, 06:35 PM
You should have gotten out of your car and thrown down.

PGTze
07-21-2008, 06:39 PM
I've never once experienced or even seen someone actually get out of their car in Calgary, I think I've maybe been given the finger once and that's about it. Where do these people you speak of come from? haha

...and who the hell carries around a whip, like seriously?

rmk
07-21-2008, 06:40 PM
^ obliterate8