PDA

View Full Version : VW Passat CC

iceburns288
07-19-2008, 06:17 PM
I saw one of these the other day in Jyväskylä and I actually said out loud "What the fuck is that?" I had seen it on the intertubes and I knew what it was, but I could hardly believe it when I saw it. From the front it looks absolutely incredible. Supposed to be like a less expensive Merc CLS and I really, really like it.

http://www.tuningnews.net/news/080415/volkswagen-passat-cc-first-drive.jpg
I'm pretty sure they are coming to America, too. :thumbsup:

nismodrifter
07-19-2008, 06:20 PM
Wow, thats super hot!!!

"After months of informed speculation, Volkswagen finally revealed its CLS-inspired Passat, dubbed the "CC." The four-door "coupe" is based off the Passat platform and carries over several of the standard sedan's cues, but the sleek shape of the plummeting C-pillar, shortened rear overhang and revised fascia make it considerably more upmarket. The interior is up to V-Dub snuff, meaning plenty of premium materials and what one VW exec described as "intimate seating." And despite the stubby trunk lid, Volkswagen made a point to demonstrate that the CC can consume the international unit of boot measurement, two golf bags.

When the Passat CC goes on sale later this year, it will be fitted with the 3.6-liter FSI V6 making around 300 hp, along with three selectable chassis control systems, spanning the range from Sport to Normal and Comfort. In addition to a host of electronic gizmos, Volkswagen will begin offering its own version of the utterly sucktastic Park Assist feature on the CC, similar to the system used on the Lexus LS460.

Check the live and press pics in the gallery below, and make the jump to read VW's full press release."

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/13/detroit-2008-volkswagen-unveils-the-passat-cc/

Canmorite
07-19-2008, 06:27 PM
Lower it and :thumbsup:

nightfx
07-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Wow, that looks great.

GTI_Fahrenheit
07-21-2008, 08:39 AM
Supposedly it isn't coming to Canada... which is a shame. Although it is on the VW.ca website under a concept car. I hope they bring the car in, but conflicting info right now.

I could imagine going from a GTI to that CC when the lease expires.

bobby_lu
07-21-2008, 08:48 AM
Sexy, front reminds me of the new Jag XF a little :dunno:

gpomp
07-21-2008, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by GTI_Fahrenheit
Supposedly it isn't coming to Canada... which is a shame. Although it is on the VW.ca website under a concept car. I hope they bring the car in, but conflicting info right now.

I could imagine going from a GTI to that CC when the lease expires. are you sure? the vw salesmen i've talked to seem to think it's coming...

schocker
07-21-2008, 09:47 AM
since it is going to the us, i am assuming it is coming to canada. i figure the v6 with 4motion would make out to be a pretty nice vehicle, but probably at quite a high price.

GTI_Fahrenheit
07-21-2008, 12:23 PM
The question is "in what form is it coming to Canada"? and North America?

While it will look the same, the devil is in the details. I've contacted my local dealer to try and find out about this... but it sounds like some of the feature that make it "competitive with MB et. al" :rofl: will not be avaliable in Canada. It will be a Passat with a little plastic surgery.

e.g.) no Dynamic Drive Control, no Park Assist, no Lane Guidance, and no Active Cruise Control in Canada/NA... no adaptive suspension.... No DSG either (on the V6), which is a shame because that is a beautiful system. Will have to test the 4Motion
all-wheel drive system.

The HP is also 20 less than in europe at 280... why do they do this to us in North America? It is like they want us to chip the car :)

<http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/February2008/13/c9869.html>
<http://driving.canada.com/research/viewroadtest.spy?artid=96781>

Hopefully they will have an option with all the features, but I'm not holding my breath. Which is a shame since it is a very nice looking car.

gpomp
07-21-2008, 01:29 PM
^because no one will pay $70k for a vw.

RATM
07-21-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by gpomp

agreed, Civic boy

Aleks
07-21-2008, 04:41 PM

Wrong ;)

A few people paid 100K+ for a new VW in 04

gpomp
07-21-2008, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

Wrong ;)

A few people paid 100K+ for a new VW in 04 selling 2 phaetons after spending millions on marketing and training is not a way to run a successful business.

Aleks
07-21-2008, 06:00 PM
selling 2 phaetons after spending millions on marketing and training is not a way to run a successful business.

They sold ~ 130 of them in 3 yrs :poosie:

About 25,000 worldwide.

schocker
07-21-2008, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

They sold ~ 130 of them in 3 yrs :poosie:

About 25,000 worldwide.
and they are the greatest used car deal ever in the us. :rofl: