PDA

View Full Version : need tips for getting rid of a beer gut.

Graham_A_M
07-20-2008, 08:31 PM
Hey guys, never in a million years did I ever think I'd end up with a bit of a beer gut, but I'm getting a little flab in the stomach region.:banghead: Asides from the obvious "quit drinking"; what can I do to end up with a nice chisled stomach again? what exercises can I do (at my house); preferbaly without having to spend any more time at a gym?
Thanks in advance for reading this, and any help you can offer. :)

theken
07-20-2008, 08:42 PM
get the power 90 program, do the ab exercise

obliterate8
07-20-2008, 08:44 PM
just sit ups man, do situps untill u cant pull urself up
it works best!

brown_guy
07-20-2008, 09:32 PM
get a buddy and do med ball sit up it's even better:thumbsup:

kutt3r
07-21-2008, 09:47 AM
You can do all the sit ups in the world and if you are still taking in too many calories you are not losing the gut my friend.

Watch what you are eating, as we get older usually our calorie requirements go down, as we work more and play less, but we eat and drink the same amount.

Eat breakfast everyday, is the easiest place to start. Diet is 80% of weight loss, so if you do little things like park far away and get that extra walking in then you should not have to go to the gym to loose the gut.

ragu
07-21-2008, 11:04 AM
I am guessing you're over 25 and at that age you need much more intense work out to achieve the same goal. Try all of these

1. Watch what you eat
2. To burn calories gotta run for at least 45min; and running for this long means that you gotta be sweating like a mofo once you're done!!
3. Wait for couple of minutes, do some stretches and carry on with the ab exercises.
4. http://youtube.com/watch?v=sWjTnBmCHTY

Few sit ups won't do anything; you gotta burn enough calories and watch what you're eating.

max_boost
07-21-2008, 04:24 PM
You've got to work on your fitness!

core_upt
07-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by ragu

4. http://youtube.com/watch?v=sWjTnBmCHTY

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EzxJy-7ggx0

ragu
07-22-2008, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by core_upt

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EzxJy-7ggx0

funny shit lmao

tm88
07-22-2008, 06:15 PM
2 weeks of 8 minute abs everyday helped me lose what gut started to develop

civic_stylez
07-22-2008, 06:24 PM
hanging leg raises... makes sit ups look like theyre for bitches..... mens health has ab guides... like a bible...:thumbsup:

dropdat
07-23-2008, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
You've got to work on your fitness!

+1
All these guys giving you quick tips are morons. Change the way you eat and set a proper diet. Cut down on drinking or completely stop. Exercise everyday, or atleast most days. Start with a short run daily, and increase your run every few days until it becomes religous.

What's the point of a quick fix if you're just going to be a fatty again shortly after you're done. Looking good and being in shape is a lifestyle.

rice_balls
07-23-2008, 04:03 PM
Start with what you eat... than work on your fitness. Even if you work out and your still eating the same crappy food as before your just going to be back to square 1.

teg_boya
07-23-2008, 04:10 PM
I just read the OP...

Sure, doing situps and crunches and the like will help, and it will strengthen your core, but it is not likely to shred you. To truly get shredded, you need to work mainly on cardio, and then any muscle underneath your skin will slowly emerge.

GL

Civ2NR
07-23-2008, 04:26 PM
Abs are made in the kitchen not in the gym, so start by adjusting your diet. By the sounds of it you've been in good shape before so you know what bad habits you need to change there.

Second, step up the cardio. It doesn't have to be at the gym, you can go for regular jogs or even brisk walks. You simply need to burn more calories than you consume so your body resorts to your stored fat for energy production. Sit ups / ab routines can then help to tone and tighten your mid-section.

Thompson34
07-24-2008, 12:01 AM
Like Civc2NR said, Abs are made in the kitchen. However, you still should try to do some good core exercises while you are working on getting good abs

Proboscis
07-24-2008, 01:45 AM
What's wrong with a beer belly, think about the investment put in $