PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler Daytona? Should I buy?

GothicSmurf
05-27-2002, 10:48 PM
There's a Daytona up for sale, for only 2500 OBO, its an 87, it just got new paint job, new brakes, new ball joints and new idler arms. .

the only problem am having here is that im getting alot of mixed reviews from alot of people. . .

im hearing stuff from they brake down constantly, to their gods gift to chrysler. . .

just want to get some info from people who actually know about cars. . i mean, an 87. . . with new paint and no rust

(5 spd manual of course)

redline
05-27-2002, 11:17 PM
go here and ask the daytona guys. There is a bunch of them and they are very knowledgeble and good guys

http://www.performance-shop.com/yabbse/index.php

GothicSmurf
05-28-2002, 07:09 AM
the only thing is that i kinda wanted an unbiased opinion. . .

redline
05-28-2002, 08:40 AM
Ask jack or Blaine on that board. They will give you straight answers, they are not into BS or anything like that.

HRD2PLZ
05-28-2002, 12:52 PM
One of my friends has one. I think her's is a 91 or 92. She's had it for a few years and loves it to pieces. I've known her for just over a year and she's never had any problems whcih surprises me, cuz she doesn't maintain it at all :eek:

ninspeed
05-28-2002, 02:13 PM
What motor is in it? I would look for a turbo II if possible or a shelby (best one out there, but rare) The cars from what i see are very reliable and i dont see too many come though the shop or for parts (just the usual filters and small things like belts). I would take the car for a ride and see how its runs.. take it up near the red line and see how hot it gets