PDA

View Full Version : The customer is always right?...WRONG

MoDo27
07-21-2008, 07:25 AM
Sometimes it is really hard to be polite to people, especially when they are arrogant dumbasses who expect you to humor their delusions.

Here is a phone conversation between a Lexus dealership service writer and a customer who has called in because she thinks that there is a problem with her new car.

Service writer: "How can we help you, ma'am?"

Customer: "Yes, the fuel cap on my new Lexus isn't working properly."

Service writer: "The fuel cap? how is it malfunctioning, ma'am?"

Customer: "Well, I need to put gas in the car, and when I push the button, the fuel cap doesn't come off."

Service writer: "I see; so, when you press the fuel filler door release button, the door isn't opening?"

Customer: "That's NOT what I said. The door opens, but the fuel cap doesn't come off. I would appreciate it if you pay attention, and LISTEN to what I am telling you. I have much more important things to do today than to spend time on the phone, repeating myself to you."

Service writer: "Ma'am, I am just trying to get a clear understanding of the problem. Now when you say that the fuel cap doesn't come off, are you unable to turn it at all, or does it just spin when you turn it, and not engage the threads?"

Customer: "When I turn it? What kind of idiot are you? This is a Lexus. My husband and I just paid $90,000 for this car, and the gas cap is supposed to come off when I press the button."

Service writer: "Madam, the fuel filler door release button only opens the fuel filler door. Regardless of how much you paid for the car, someone still has to turn the fuel cap to remove it from the filler tube."

Customer: "NO NO NO!! That is not the way it is supposed to work. My salesman told us that the gas cap comes off automatically. Now you get someone on the phone who knows what they are doing."

Service writer: "Yes ma'am, how foolish of me to expect you to believe that someone who is a factory certified service consultant would know how the fuel door opening mechanism of your car would work. I'll transfer you to your salesman, and surely he will be able to tell you exactly how to fix this problem. Thank you for calling."

Further proof that some people have way more money than common sense.

Proyecto2000
07-21-2008, 09:28 AM
:rofl: thats awsome, maybe she should go to a full service gas station next time.

adidas
07-21-2008, 10:31 AM
loooool

SCHIDER23
07-21-2008, 10:34 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: what a moron

lelalong
07-21-2008, 10:41 AM
I'm surprised she can dial a phone all by herself to make the call. I'm guessing she's not the one who makes the money to spend on said Lexus.

Senseiz
07-21-2008, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by lelalong
I'm surprised she can dial a phone all by herself to make the call. I'm guessing she's not the one who makes the money to spend on said Lexus.

She probably jumped back into the car and used the onboard system to dial the technical line.

Either that, is that she is on the phone at a gas station :dunno:

A790
07-21-2008, 10:50 AM
*smacks forehead*

analbumcover
07-21-2008, 10:59 AM
Obviously it was the husband who dropped $90k, not her

Kloubek
07-21-2008, 11:05 AM
Is this just some story you found on the net, or is it actually certified to be a true conversation? Almost hard to believe someone would be that stupid.

But I guess it isn't really. I answer emails coming into our online store at the sporting goods company I work for, and some of the questions are pretty ridiculars.

I have the false sense of security in thinking that because I've been at my job for nearly 8 years that I can be a little more abrupt with my customers. If they are reefing on me for something I did not do, I generally let them know one way or another that it isn't appreciated. Given the above conversation, I'm quite certain I'd have a similar final comment....

LadyLuck
07-21-2008, 11:09 AM
clearly a 90,000 Lexus was a bad idea for a first car!

she'll probably call next week from the hospital and bitch about how she turned on the cruise control and tried to take a nap in the backseat thinking the car will drive by itself :rofl:...because a 90,000 car should have that feature too :rolleyes:

Lex350
07-21-2008, 11:17 AM
Holy fuck! I need to call Ryan. He told me that my new car would come with that same option. WTF? :D

luxor
07-21-2008, 11:24 AM
WTF is with these lying salespersons? When I bought my brand new BMW I was told we were exempt from signaling to change lanes and we were allowed to have our front windshield tinted. Well last week I received a ticket for not signaling and a tint ticket on top of that.:whipped:

I'm calling BMW to complain!

Eleanor
07-21-2008, 11:28 AM
And that's why they have full service gas stations.

Stupid bitch :banghead:

Reminds me when I worked at MEC and some dude came in bitching that his feet were sweating in his mountaineering boots after a 30+ km in 30+ degree weather and wanted a full refund. :nut:

DNSRadio
07-21-2008, 11:35 AM
hahaha
thats awsome...

i love how stupid people are getting....

thats like saying you bought a house and it should clean itself.

:rofl:

Lex350
07-21-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by DNSRadio
hahaha
thats awsome...

i love how stupid people are getting....

thats like saying you bought a house and it should clean itself.

THAT'S WHAT A WIFE IS FOR. :D

95EagleAWD
07-21-2008, 11:46 AM
And that's why I don't work for BMW anymore. I have no problem believe that actually happened, since I've had many conversations like that with BMW customers when I worked there.

GQBalla
07-21-2008, 03:15 PM
ahaha

is there actually a car that does that???

man how stupid people are

MoDo27
07-21-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
ahaha

is there actually a car that does that???

man how stupid people are
Mercury Mountaineer and Lincoln MKS have a nascar style cap..and they dont cost anywhere near 90K.

msommers
07-21-2008, 03:41 PM
$20 bucks says that chick is smokin hot:rofl:

MoDo27
07-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by msommers
$20 bucks says that chick is smokin hot:rofl:

:poosie:

beyondpinoy
07-21-2008, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by MoDo27

:poosie:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

:poosie: :poosie: :poosie:

RATM
07-21-2008, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD
And that's why I don't work for BMW anymore. I have no problem believe that actually happened, since I've had many conversations like that with BMW customers when I worked there.

that'd be so painful :(

dannie
07-21-2008, 06:24 PM
I hate that saying. "The customer is always right." In my industry, the client is 90% of the time wrong. Then they get pissed cuz we aren't doing anything for them. AND!! I will totally say this: Women are the absolute worst!!!!!

lilmira
07-21-2008, 06:57 PM
I would tell her this:

I'm terribly sorry. I just realize that your car isn't equipped with the hand-free fuel cap release option. I'll go ahead and install it for you half price and by the way you need to top up your halogen fluid................

Then I'll just throw away the fuel cap and charge her 10000 bucks. What do you expect? it is a $90000 car.

rx7girlie
07-21-2008, 07:21 PM
that's funny! I work in an emergency room - and that's why I can believe that this can be true.

lelalong
07-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by lilmira
I would tell her this:

I'm terribly sorry. I just realize that your car isn't equipped with the hand-free fuel cap release option. I'll go ahead and install it for you half price and by the way you need to top up your halogen fluid................

Then I'll just throw away the fuel cap and charge her 10000 bucks. What do you expect? it is a $90000 car.

then she'll complain it doesn't close itself....

rmk
07-21-2008, 08:43 PM
fuck, i believe that story 100%

having worked in the service industry (petro canada and safeway) growing up, it is shocking how some people treat others.

dragonone
07-22-2008, 04:55 PM
also shocking how ppl working at dealerships reads these stories and assumes that the avg. consumer is retarded

friend buys a new c350, air con isn't working
calls dealership, they said it's a benz, maybe you're not used to this kind of luxury, the fans run really quiet
drives it a bit more, until a 30C day and well it's just fucking hot, calls dealership again, they insisted that there's nothing wrong with this brand new car

finally they couldn't stand it so they brought the car to the dealership and demanded they take a look at it, then they said they would fix it. but my friend wants a brand new one not some lemon. guess what? it's over the 30 day or watever period and there's nothing they will do about it

this is local btw

2002civic
07-22-2008, 05:11 PM
I see one of these a week at VW, customers are effin retarded

arian_ma
07-22-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by dragonone
also shocking how ppl working at dealerships reads these stories and assumes that the avg. consumer is retarded

friend buys a new c350, air con isn't working
calls dealership, they said it's a benz, maybe you're not used to this kind of luxury, the fans run really quiet
drives it a bit more, until a 30C day and well it's just fucking hot, calls dealership again, they insisted that there's nothing wrong with this brand new car

finally they couldn't stand it so they brought the car to the dealership and demanded they take a look at it, then they said they would fix it. but my friend wants a brand new one not some lemon. guess what? it's over the 30 day or watever period and there's nothing they will do about it

this is local btw
The car only has a 30 day warranty?

Hakkola
07-22-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma

The car only has a 30 day warranty?

Is this at Lonestar?

I've had good service at Hyatt, changed from Lonestar because I wasn't happy with them.

swak
07-22-2008, 06:51 PM
i deal with customers all the time, and want to smack 80% of them.

Im a concierge at a downtown hotel, and had an older couple looking to take a 1-way bus out to banff...
I reccomended greyhound, was only $25/ticket, i figured thats a kick ass deal.

They then commented to me that they overheard someone mention something about the brewster busses and would rather take that one even though theyve never taken eaither before.
I looked it up as per their request and it was $55/ticket

...in the end they took the brewster bus.
I just shook my head.

I could probably write 10+ pages on s*** like this, but its not necessary.

in*10*se
07-23-2008, 01:16 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: