PDA

View Full Version : importing from japan

szw
09-02-2003, 09:06 PM
I know there are lots of threads on importing cars from Japan, but I couldn't find any info from people who have actually done it. I'm not interested in the Canadian side, but the Japan side. Finding the car...who was used to ship it out, costs, buying temporary registrations or whatever in Japan.

Is there a company which makes everything easier and arranges everything before arriving in Japan or while we are there?

Will be an older car, 15 years, I'm thinking R32 because the car won't be brought back into Canada for maybe 2.5 years from now.

Its a long way in the future but gotta find out info so I can decide if I need to start learning some japanese.

thanks

RiCE-DaDDy
09-02-2003, 09:58 PM
I know there are lots of threads on importing cars from Japan, but I couldn't find any info from people who have actually done it.

you said it yourself. if there wasnt any good information here before, what makes you think there would be any answers for you now?? :dunno:

88CRX
09-02-2003, 11:12 PM
http://www.jns-imports.com/ but there slow on returning email... so who knows?

hjr
09-03-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by szw
I know there are lots of threads on importing cars from Japan, but I couldn't find any info from people who have actually done it. I'm not interested in the Canadian side, but the Japan side. Finding the car...who was used to ship it out, costs, buying temporary registrations or whatever in Japan.

Is there a company which makes everything easier and arranges everything before arriving in Japan or while we are there?

Will be an older car, 15 years, I'm thinking R32 because the car won't be brought back into Canada for maybe 2.5 years from now.

Its a long way in the future but gotta find out info so I can decide if I need to start learning some japanese.

thanks Go to Vladivostock, Russia. 95% of cars in that city are Japanese cars that got older and sold off. I saw a few R33 and R32 Skylines, an bunch of old lancer evo's and crap load of landcruizers (i dont really know why), plus really any other car you could think of.

Anyhow that probably wouldnt work anyhow as quite a few of the cars were stolen from japan and resold in russia, as well as many other places.

Maxt
09-03-2003, 01:49 PM
THere aren't alot of 15 year old cars floating around in Japan, those that have them are not selling them...
I was reading an article yesterday about the sports car thefts in Kyoto city, seems they are having a wave of them right now, and the cars are not being found, but trying to register a stolen car in Canada could get you in alot of trouble...Maxt

Altezza
09-03-2003, 02:49 PM
Man, if I lived in Japan, I'd be laughing all the way to the bank if somebody was going to offer me good money for my 15 year old car. Then again, he's me looking at getting one :nut: