PDA

View Full Version : car-brite product opinions?

gmoney82
07-23-2008, 11:42 AM
Just made a quick impulse purchase off of the car-brite truck that makes its rounds at the car dealerships in crowfoot.

Bought a gallon of the purple tire shine, and 2 cans of the 'spray' wax that is supposed to be great on all surfaces.

Anybody have any experience with car-brite products..? i'm looking to pick up more product the next time the truck rolls around. pretty cheap prices too!

paid $35 for the gallon and $10 for each can of wax

gmoney82
07-23-2008, 01:10 PM
sneek?
i bought a gallon of this:

http://www.carbrite.com/servlet/net.ebiz.velocity.ShowPagePublic?pg=static/C008F&lb=none

kinda worried about the silicon content...will it make my tires orange faster?

gmoney82
07-23-2008, 03:24 PM
found my answer:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-forum/11061-silicone-tire-dressings-bad-tires-paint.html

R!zz0
07-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by gmoney82
and 2 cans of the 'spray' wax that is supposed to be great on all surfaces.

I didn't like "Spray wax" too much. I did try it out once (in between regular waxing) and i really didn't see any difference. Then again, i always wax my cars...Maybe thats why :dunno:

will it make my tires orange faster?

Since i don't know anything about the product, i'm not gonna say anything about it However, there are lot's of product out there (Tire cleaners) that say that their stuff wont make your tires brown/orange. I myself use Meguiars insane shine on my tires and i love it. It's pricey but it's awesome product to have if you want long lasting tire shine.

Edit: Try it out and let us know what it's like. I'm always looking to try other products :D

gmoney82
07-23-2008, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by R!zz0

Edit: Try it out and let us know what it's like. I'm always looking to try other products :D

Will do...!

B20EF
07-23-2008, 04:10 PM
Is that the purple tire shine that smells delicious? I used to cover my engine in that stuff cause it made it smell so good.

Darkane
07-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by B20EF
Is that the purple tire shine that smells delicious? I used to cover myself in that stuff cause it made me smell so good.

Fixed that for ya ;)

gmoney82
07-23-2008, 04:25 PM
yah smells like grape

B20EF
07-23-2008, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

Fixed that for ya ;)

;)

sneek
07-23-2008, 04:48 PM
hahahaha, I can't say i have tried this stuff before. I haven't tried anything by carbrite that i couldn't live without, but mostly I deal with polishes. I would be interested in seeing this stuff as it isn't bad price wise. The spray wax was an okay deal but I never really spray wax my car. Sometimes it is nice right after washing the car. Carbrite has one or two polishes that are good, again, not the best thing i have ever tried but also not bad. I think the most important thing to do is clean your tires well so they don't brown. Some tire shines can brown tires, but I dont think any of those are commonly used. I'd be interested finding the truck. I cant say i have ever seen any trucks selling detailing products outside of dealerships.

gmoney82
07-23-2008, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by sneek
I'd be interested finding the truck. I cant say i have ever seen any trucks selling detailing products outside of dealerships.

i'll post the guys contact info when i get to work tm... he says he sells stuff out of his van cheaper than the dealerships sell over the counter...
sold me the spray wax for $10 which he says dealerships sell for $18... he even threw in a free spray bottle for the tire dressing..
I think thats what he does all day..drive around and sell products...pretty nice guy.. seems like he would hook you up

Proboscis
07-24-2008, 12:40 AM
I don't mind the apple and mango interior scent sprays. I've used some "vibrant" product on interiors claiming it was silicone free, worked good but had the same scent as their tire shine stuff.

dieselpower91
07-24-2008, 02:00 AM

sold me the spray wax for $10 which he says dealerships sell for $18... he even threw in a free spray bottle for the tire dressing..
I think thats what he does all day..drive around and sell products...pretty nice guy.. seems like he would hook you up

I know Rick quite well. The truck is actually owned and operated by GSL Chev. He is a pretty good guy. Sounds like he gave you a pretty good deal.

I love the purple dressing. Smells great and works pretty well.
I use it on my own car and never found it to turn the tires brown or orange. It seems to last a long time too.
Tropical Gloss is the spray wax you bought I'm guessing, it isn't too bad. I prefer a "real" rub on rub off wax but it does bring a nice shine if your in a hurry.

Another nice product is Inside-Out detailer. Works great for any textured plastic or on engines.

Proboscis
07-24-2008, 02:13 AM
I knew his truck looked familiar when I drove down Bow Trail.

LMVantage
07-25-2008, 08:29 AM
I've been using his stuff for years now. The Purple Dressing is good, but I prefer to use Summit when it comes to Car Brite tire dressings. Summit costs more, but is water based. Most of the time I end up using Zymol's Tyre Preserve though.

I get my guys to use the Purple Dressing mainly on the cars we have on display for sale outside the showroom. Lasts a long time, and haven't ever seen it discolor tires.