PDA

View Full Version : Pearl paint job? HELP!

Biga Ramrod
07-23-2008, 07:45 PM
My car is currently being painted a 2 stage black. I was given the option for a great price to add blue pearl's to the clear coat.

I am just curious to what something like this would look like? Does anyone have any photos of pearl paint jobs they have had done? Is it worth it? My greatest fear is that it will take the classic look of glossy black and make it glitter like nail polish.

Thanks for any help or opinions

theken
07-23-2008, 07:51 PM
Pearl is subtle. I had a pearl white 300. Had golden yellow look sometimes in the sun. Pearl is worth it IMO

Biga Ramrod
07-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Also what is the difference if any of a metallic v.s. pearl v.s. pearlescent? thanks

theken
07-23-2008, 08:03 PM
Metallic is a metal ish flake added pearlescent is pearl its the material. Edited for wrong info thought about it after. Dur. You are thinking like chameleon and I don't know the answer to that

Biga Ramrod
07-23-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by theken
Metallic is a metal ish flake added pearlescent is like a Color changing paint way more drastic than a pearl using layers. I believe

Thanks for your help man. That's what I had in mind, im guessing that pearlescent is pricey too... i was under the impression that it was like a slight color pearl look, very shiny.