PDA

View Full Version : Winnipeg Car Forums/Things to do and see?

phatfx
07-24-2008, 01:10 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm heading down to Winnipeg and possibly down into the states in N Dakota or Minnesota.

I was just wondering if any of you knew any car forums in the Winnipeg area equivalent to beyond? Also any things to do or see there for a first timer going there with their family?

Thanks in advance.

rage2
07-24-2008, 01:29 PM
Saturday night, portage ave. The entire city cruises down there over a 20 block stretch. It's pretty nuts.

That's about it lol. I'm there this weekend.

Eleanor
07-24-2008, 02:23 PM
Forum:

http://www.winnipegheights.com/forums/

Things to do:

Pretty good go kart track:

http://www.speedworld.ca/

Fun Mountain would be fun for the kiddies. Tinker Town as well if they're really young. The Forks downtown is kind of like a better version of Eau Claire.

swak
07-24-2008, 03:55 PM
The Forks

rice_balls
07-24-2008, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Saturday night, portage ave. The entire city cruises down there over a 20 block stretch. It's pretty nuts.

That's about it lol. I'm there this weekend.

^^ are they still having those cruise nights? If they are make sure you dont drive like an ass, the cops are everywhere on portage.
If you like mosquitos you can go to the forks, other than that theres a garbage heap they turned into a view point near the airport (I forgot what street it was on). Nothing else other than that just like Rage said.

RATM
07-24-2008, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by swak
The Forks

its not bad

phreezee
07-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Cruise night is actually on Sunday. Follow the ricers to the street racing spots LOL

You can walk around:
Corydon is like a little Italy. (17th ave style street)
Osbourne Village is also pretty trendy and close by.

2 main malls, Polo Park, St. Vital (Eat at George's by here, great burgers)

For some kick ass ice cream, go to Bridge Drive Inn.

JAYMEZ
07-24-2008, 09:14 PM
I was there 2 weeks ago...

Check out the forks , go to grand beach (1hour drive) , Polo Park is an OK mall... If you want high end cloths , go to a place called Swank.

Check out Earls or Joeys at night , most of the young people go there to party and drink and not the clubs.

Its pretty funny to go on Portage ave and see all the shity cars people have.. They literally try and race everyone lol. Also people just get lawn chairs and sit on the side of the roads.. Also bring your bug spray , they are fuckin horrrrrrrrrrible at night!

RATM
07-25-2008, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
I was there 2 weeks ago...

Check out the forks , go to grand beach (1hour drive) , Polo Park is an OK mall... If you want high end cloths , go to a place called Swank.

Check out Earls or Joeys at night , most of the young people go there to party and drink and not the clubs.

Its pretty funny to go on Portage ave and see all the shity cars people have.. They literally try and race everyone lol. Also people just get lawn chairs and sit on the side of the roads.. Also bring your bug spray , they are fuckin horrrrrrrrrrible at night!

lawl i was there a month ago and it was hilarious
tons of people just watching all these terrible cars drive down Portage
the bugs are horrible yes, but even worse is the roads!! they're fucking terrible

sputnik
07-27-2008, 10:23 AM
MRS MIKES on Tache Ave.

Seriously. For the BEST burger EVER! Kicks the ass of ANYTHING in Calgary.

Get a KING burger.

Heads up. They are only open until 7pm and closed on Sundays.

Tell them Jason from Calgary said hi.

Dren
07-28-2008, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Eleanor
Forum:

http://www.winnipegheights.com/forums/

Things to do:

Pretty good go kart track:

http://www.speedworld.ca/

Fun Mountain would be fun for the kiddies. Tinker Town as well if they're really young. The Forks downtown is kind of like a better version of Eau Claire.

YA Speed world is better than anything left in calgary

Fun mountain is good tooo! '

The Forks is great. Eau Claire is nothing compared to it. lots to do..can spend a whole day there. food / items are well priced as well.

rage2
07-28-2008, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Dren
The Forks is great. Eau Claire is nothing compared to it. lots to do..can spend a whole day there. food / items are well priced as well.
I disagree. There is absolutely no eye candy at the forks. Lots of mosquitos, and the river is nasty looking as usual. Actually, there's no eye candy in winnipeg at all this time I'm there, not sure what's going on. As for pricing, *everything* is cheap in Winnipeg compared to Calgary.

There was decent scenery over at grand beach this weekend tho, but it was mostly jailbait haha. My friend was having a better time than me, she said most of the guys were pretty hot.

I wish I brought my good camera though, stumbled over to St Boniface Cathedral last night. Took tons of pics like a tourist but unfortunately with only my P&S. That was pretty fun.

http://www.virgeweb.com/rage2/2008peg/01.jpg

RATM
07-29-2008, 01:29 AM
haha there's so many mosquito's in Winterpeg
nice scenery shot there Rage, that looks good!