PDA

View Full Version : Are you plauged by bad genetics?

Darkane
07-24-2008, 08:25 PM
Try eating!

I gotta admit, I'm endomorphic by nature (Naturally fat) and it sucks. The hardest thing for me to do is drop bodyfat.

One thing that is even more frustrating is the level of calorie depletion I need to start the ball rolling on fat loss. Usually 750-1000 cals UNDER maintenance. My Maintenance is around 2900-3000 calories with 150G carbs.

Anyway long story short, I was cutting for 5 months (See beyond biggest loser thread) dropped 18 pounds of what seemed to be mostly fat, if not all. At 218 pounds and about 15%BF I stalled and hard. I took 2 weeks off and even ate cleanly for half of those days and gained back a lot of the mass in the form of water retention and a slight amount of fat. Maybe 4 pounds. My metabolism was crushed. My gains in the gym were slow.

So I made a decision, I took a complete 180! Bulk!

Note this is NOT a "seefood" diet, it is completely disciplined and split according to my schedule of work (7meals when working dayshift, 6 meals when working nights)

Total Kcals = 3300ish. 375G Pro, 225G carb, 100fat.

With this new diet in the last 6 weeks I've put on 5pounds of LEAN body mass and most importantly my lifts went up.

When I say up, I mean UP. 20 pounds on my squats, and 40! yes 40 pounds on my rackpulls. For me with a herniated disc in my back it's amazing. Strongest I've been ever.

Cliff notes: Eating clean, and properly will make a world of difference in your genetics.

EDIT: I was only on 1000mg/week of Testosterone during this phase too..

LOL just playing. Only Multi vitamins, whey and BCAA proteins. No creatine or any other stuff :)

Supa Dexta
07-24-2008, 08:37 PM
I'm a fine specimen, well more then fine, I'm probably like fantastic, or incredible. At the very least, the low end of superb. :D

bigbadboss101
07-24-2008, 09:32 PM
Ah, so eats lot of clean food, and work hard.

I am Asian. Back genetics. But I can do well with whats given to me :-)

JAYMEZ
07-24-2008, 09:36 PM
It takes alot of discipline to eat cleanly! You probably feel like a rockstar now , thats awesome dude! Keep up the good work!
As for Genes , im glad i have a muscular build and pack on muscle fast!

ercchry
07-24-2008, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
For me with a herniated disc in my back it's amazing. Strongest I've been ever.

i too have one of these (for the past 6 months) and was wondering how bad yours was and how long before you started lifting again?

Darkane
07-24-2008, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

i too have one of these (for the past 6 months) and was wondering how bad yours was and how long before you started lifting again?

Lets see, I hurt it Feb '07.

I was still doing everything day to day with the psyiatic<sp> nerve pinched on my left side. This lasted about a month or so. It was bad enough I couldn't lift my left leg and had to put on my pants and underware lying on my bed lol.. Shitty :D

It was Sept '07 when I tried squatting again. I went fairly heavy for a set of 5 with a box. I was super conscious of my form and it went 'ok'

Mid oct '07 I started a new routine with ATG squats (Ass to grass, full depth) doing this style I used lighter weights while getting an intense workload.

Nov'07 I started light light deads and rackpulls.

Late Dec'07 I felt like a hero and tried for some heavy deadlifting, felt a pop, and done.

No more squatting or deadlifting for a while. Feb '08 I reintroduced light squating and rackpulls. I realized I can't pull off of the floor, so Rackpulls it is.

May'08 I got a damn weight Belt! Best. Move. Ever.

Current - Stronger than ever, Weight belt holds me in place and I absolutely concentrate on form.

On a side note, my disc is still hurting. If I sit in a vehicle to long 1-2 days after my back day, I feel my left leg start to act up. The disc is pressing against the nerve :(

But all in all, even at my limited capacity, I'm still stronger than most guys at 100% lol. The trick to back rehab is to actually work it out!

Caution, If you can avoid painkillers at all cost! They will make you feel good enough that you might actually forget your injury and reagrivate it during everyday life. Keep the pain to limit you.

ercchry
07-24-2008, 10:25 PM
yeah i never take pain killers and funny enough my left lag is the one that bugs me too

my injured disc is between my shoulder blades (near the bottom) and hurts everyday. i just started working again. i cant do trades anymore so it is just an office job but even the amount of bending im doing bugs it... im thinking about starting to workout again soon. i also have not been to physio for a week and a half since the insurance cut me off so that is starting to give me head aches again :rolleyes:

and the sad thing is i was finally better from my last back injury for about 2-3 months before i got hit in February :banghead:

Darkane
07-24-2008, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
yeah i never take pain killers and funny enough my left lag is the one that bugs me too

my injured disc is between my shoulder blades (near the bottom) and hurts everyday. i just started working again. i cant do trades anymore so it is just an office job but even the amount of bending im doing bugs it... im thinking about starting to workout again soon. i also have not been to physio for a week and a half since the insurance cut me off so that is starting to give me head aches again :rolleyes:

and the sad thing is i was finally better from my last back injury for about 2-3 months before i got hit in February :banghead:

Ah dude, that's a shitty shitty spot for it. Mine is near the Coccyx<sp>. The vertebrae are fine, it's the damn meniscus.

You might not even get that much support from a belt.

One thing I found was just awesome is this. I went to the chiropractor, I know I know lots of people don't believe in them. This one is a family friend so he doesn't fuck around. He Adjusted my back, it felt good, did a little massaging of the muscles, but the best thing I did was lie on a backward tiliting board. I eventually got to 65 degrees and what this did was elongate my spine and take pressure off of the disc. After I got up and let the blood out of my head I felt almost perfect.. I heard you can buy those things too.

Usually 20-30min upside down :)

ercchry
07-24-2008, 10:38 PM
yeah i was doing traction at physio and needles, the traction was kinda pointless since the belt went around pretty much where the disc is so it was not really pulling it. the needles though were awesome, so painful at the time but loosened everything up nicely

Darkane
07-24-2008, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
It takes alot of discipline to eat cleanly! You probably feel like a rockstar now , thats awesome dude! Keep up the good work!
As for Genes , im glad i have a muscular build and pack on muscle fast!

Damn you Mesomorph types :D I can pack the mass on, it's just accompanied by it's fat ugly friend haha

Oz-
07-25-2008, 05:45 AM
Nice to hear that you got unstuck. You have a plan to go back on a recomp?

I am actually starting my "bulk" on Monday. Recomp is currently at about 3300 kcal and likely going to 3800-4000kcals. But will see how that goes. Not stuck with progress just need to give the body a break and do the stepped dieting thing a shot.

Hopefully my lifts go up like yours. Been stuck on my pulls at 4 plates with a 35 on each side. Squat is somewhat stuck, but I think more to a hip injury. Also reworking my bench form from elbows flared out BB-style to more of a PL style with elbows tucked in. This has made me drop down in weight a bit so I could get used to the 10 million things that need to happen during the lift.

b_t
07-25-2008, 09:02 AM
You should be glad you can gain weight at all ahaha

It takes me about 5,000 calories per day, religiously, and I'll see maybe one pound a week. Lately, it hasn't even been lean weight, so for the first time in my life I want to hit the cardio hard and drop a couple pounds :rofl:

drtoohotty1
07-25-2008, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by b_t

It takes me about 5,000 calories per day, religiously, and I'll see maybe one pound a week. Lately, it hasn't even been lean weight, so for the first time in my life I want to hit the cardio hard and drop a couple pounds :rofl:

what are you talking about cody, ive seen you at the bar, your a tank.....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oz-
07-25-2008, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by b_t

Opposite end of the spectrum from Darkane....the hardgainer. But you also have to remember that after your newbie gains of 20-30lbs...averaging 1 lb a month, comes out to 12 lbs a year. If you keep that up for 5 years, you got 60 lbs...which I doubt you want to get that much gained..but I suspect you get the point.

b_t
07-25-2008, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Oz-

Opposite end of the spectrum from Darkane....the hardgainer. But you also have to remember that after your newbie gains of 20-30lbs...averaging 1 lb a month, comes out to 12 lbs a year. If you keep that up for 5 years, you got 60 lbs...which I doubt you want to get that much gained..but I suspect you get the point.

I don't actually want to gain that much weight :D my goal lies around 180lbs... only 6 pounds to go now, even though I am still far skinnier than anyone else at 174 I've seen

Darkane
07-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by b_t

Try a carb cutoff, and x3 week low intensity cardio. That will keep your fat in check.

5 hours before bed, don't eat any carbs. For Low intensity do 45 minute walks @50-55% of your max heartrate.

By the way, 1pound a week is insane progress. It's not all lean. Freaks will gain a pound a week lean.

Basically you're on track for 52 pounds a year lol.

One more tip, Try to eat most of your carbs after your workout. If you train at night don't worry to much about the carb cutoff. Just add another low intensity session.

Darkane
07-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Oz-

Opposite end of the spectrum from Darkane....the hardgainer.

I'm not as much of a hardgainer as I used to be doing things wrong :)

bigbadboss101
07-26-2008, 05:00 PM
I am gonna start to eat more, eat better, and exercise more. Working in Ft Mac I eat cafeteria food everyday. Our ATCO trailer have pastries replenished so the past month i have been eating between 1 to 3 strudels/cookies a day. They do have apples/bananas/oranges so i am going to take advantage of that. Pretty much work 8hr/12/12/8 and then fly home to Calgary Thursday night. Basically I have been working out Friday and Saturday in Calgary, and play sports when I am in Calgary. In FMM i work and that's about it. Used to play soccer and slow pitch but now with the hours the only night I am free is Monday. Plan to get some dumbells and exercise ball and do stuff at home. I do have YMCA membership but I am not too motivated to go to the dungeon YMCA Fort Mac.

At 38 I am in my worst shape ever, but with some discipline and dedication I will be ok. Need someone to encourage, push, etc though :-)

b_t
07-28-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by drtoohotty1

what are you talking about cody, ive seen you at the bar, your a tank.....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

if I lost a couple pounds, I wouldn't look much different because I carry barely any extra fat as it is.. but I'd have a crazy six pack :D

Originally posted by bigbadboss101
I am gonna start to eat more, eat better, and exercise more. Working in Ft Mac I eat cafeteria food everyday. Our ATCO trailer have pastries replenished so the past month i have been eating between 1 to 3 strudels/cookies a day. They do have apples/bananas/oranges so i am going to take advantage of that. Pretty much work 8hr/12/12/8 and then fly home to Calgary Thursday night. Basically I have been working out Friday and Saturday in Calgary, and play sports when I am in Calgary. In FMM i work and that's about it. Used to play soccer and slow pitch but now with the hours the only night I am free is Monday. Plan to get some dumbells and exercise ball and do stuff at home. I do have YMCA membership but I am not too motivated to go to the dungeon YMCA Fort Mac.

At 38 I am in my worst shape ever, but with some discipline and dedication I will be ok. Need someone to encourage, push, etc though :-)

Definitely switch to fruit.. last time I was on a camp job, I managed to go 25 days straight eating cafeteria food without gaining any bad weight. The secret was lots and lots of fruit... shitloads of it, and whole wheat sandwiches for almost every meal. When everybody else is pounding down pancakes and big dinner dishes, you can look at them with smug satisfaction knowing you are eating healthier. Start working out, and you will definitely be able to keep yourself motivated.. it might not be the "nicest" thing to think you are better than everybody else in your camp, but just keep that to yourself. I get a sense of pride from being the healthiest guy on a given job, and that helps me keep going even when I'm plateaued or tired.

OP_SIHOTA
08-11-2008, 02:55 PM
1000mg's a week of Test? lol...
You'd probably have bitch tits by now.

bubbley
08-11-2008, 03:03 PM
nice try with jk part on the test...time to hit up some pct my friend or start breast feeding new borns at the laugheed..

Darkane
08-18-2008, 11:51 AM
Haha, wtf. Thanks for the incredibly informative posts '08, and '06.

I know reading comprehension is tough since we live in a war torn third world country and all.

lol :rofl: :rofl:

Oh yeah: "Double Bang Bang" - What's all this about? hah

G-Suede
08-18-2008, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by OP_SIHOTA
1000mg's a week of Test? lol...
You'd probably have bitch tits by now.

Try adding one more zero to that number, then get worried.

bubbley
08-18-2008, 02:18 PM
Haha, wtf. Thanks for the incredibly informative posts '08, and '06.

I know reading comprehension is tough since we live in a war torn third world country and all.

lol :rofl: :rofl:

Oh yeah: &quot;Double Bang Bang&quot; - What's all this about? hah

Ask your girl! :rofl:

Darkane
08-18-2008, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by bubbley

Ask your girl! :rofl:

She fucked you in the ass with a strap on? What a bitch. Man I gotta break up with her now.

Jerk. :D

vengie
08-18-2008, 07:02 PM
my bad genetics were acne, i used to have it bad mostly on my back :barf:
anyways now that im getting older (19) its all but cleared up, i get a few small ones here and there but for the most part its pretty clean, a few on my face as well. but thats to be expected

G-Suede
08-18-2008, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by vengie
my bad genetics were acne, i used to have it bad mostly on my back :barf:
anyways now that im getting older (19) its all but cleared up, i get a few small ones here and there but for the most part its pretty clean, a few on my face as well. but thats to be expected

Wow. That was absolutely insightful. Are you sure it wasn't you head you were squeezing and not the zits?

vengie
08-18-2008, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by G-Suede

Wow. That was absolutely insightful. Are you sure it wasn't you head you were squeezing and not the zits?

HAHAHA really? man your beaking me over an internet forum... that was my submission... take it or leave it... re-read the thread title (if your capable) it says "are you plauged by bad genetics.?".. pretty sure acne is a genetic trait, and guess what! im plauged with it :thumbsup: :dunno:

Darkane
08-18-2008, 07:40 PM

HAHAHA really? man your beaking me over an internet forum... that was my submission... take it or leave it... re-read the thread title (if your capable) it says &quot;are you plauged by bad genetics.?&quot;.. pretty sure acne is a genetic trait, and guess what! im plauged with it :thumbsup: :dunno:

hehe, ok Fair enough. I intended the thread for poor muscularity genetics. But yeah I agree acne can be a genetic trait.

Use that Jessica Simpson acne stuff Pro active? Man I'd give her a facial that would treat all her woes.

vengie
08-18-2008, 07:44 PM

hehe, ok Fair enough. I intended the thread for poor muscularity genetics. But yeah I agree acne can be a genetic trait.

Use that Jessica Simpson acne stuff Pro active? Man I'd give her a facial that would treat all her woes.

haha well in that case! but ya i used pro activ stuff garbage, just let nature take its course and its pretty much all good now.

back to muscularity genetics:thumbsup:

G-Suede
08-18-2008, 11:53 PM

HAHAHA really? man your beaking me over an internet forum... that was my submission... take it or leave it... re-read the thread title (if your capable) it says &quot;are you plauged by bad genetics.?&quot;.. pretty sure acne is a genetic trait, and guess what! im plauged with it :thumbsup: :dunno:

Right. Nobody wants to hear about your backne, which evidently isn't the only ongoing genetic issue that plagues you. Re-read the sub forum you're posting in tool (if you're capable). Body Building / Weight Training.

b_t
08-19-2008, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by G-Suede

Right. Nobody wants to hear about your backne, which evidently isn't the only ongoing genetic issue that plagues you. Re-read the sub forum you're posting in tool (if you're capable). Body Building / Weight Training.

He just really needed to get that off his back I guess :dunno:

G-Suede
08-19-2008, 09:08 AM
Droll...lol