PDA

View Full Version : Programming a bell phone

The Cosworth
07-24-2008, 08:25 PM
I have a BB pearl and I scratched it pretty bad. I want to get another one, either off here or ebay and program it.

Can you program it without going to Bell, I hate dealing with these guys.

If I got a curve would it work the same?

krazykhoja
07-25-2008, 12:17 AM
since there is no SIM card with bell (only reason I don't like bell...even thought I am with them myself)....so you'd have to pay the $25 or so to get them to get your number on it...

I'd maybe call them up and ask...depending on how much business you bring them each month they just might waive the fee for you...or if your contract expires soon you can use that as leverage...say that if they don't do it for free you'll change companies...might change their mind...

best of luck!

GoChris
07-25-2008, 07:52 AM
if you get one off ebay, it HAS to be a bell branded phone. you cannot get anything but a bell branded phone onto their network.

cosmok
07-25-2008, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by GoChris
if you get one off ebay, it HAS to be a bell branded phone. you cannot get anything but a bell branded phone onto their network.
I've activated phones on Bell that haven't been in their system. As long as the case has a Bell logo on it they seem to have no issues. You can program it yourself, they have to activate it for you.

If you go here and choose your phone (http://www.bell.ca/support/PrsCSrvWls_ClpGde_Interactive.page?brand=htc&model=touch&sku=66393) go to the "phone" tab and programming it walks you through programming your phone.

The Cosworth
07-28-2008, 02:50 PM
shit so no matter what they have to activate it on their end.

I was hoping to avoid them all together seeing as it was a blackberry to another blackberry