PDA

View Full Version : Mint Leaves

Kavy
07-24-2008, 11:10 PM
Hey guys I having a big party tomorrow and my normal outlet for mint leaves does not carry them anymore.

I need MOJOTOS for tomorrow its my "moving out of my shitty rental now that my house is done" party.

Does anyone have a clue where I can pick some up?

Side note next weekend will be my "finally moved into my house and out of the shitty rental" party and I might be inviting a few people extra for rockband, drinks, poker, liar's dice etc.

But back on topic, I needs me some mint leaves.

djayz
07-24-2008, 11:14 PM
I'm sure you can get this at any asian shop.

I'll check the garden tomorrow to see how much I've got. I know this stuff grows like weeds in our backyard.

dj_rice
07-24-2008, 11:17 PM
I usually buy mine from T & T or Luckys....but it MIGHT be a different kind of mint than the one your looking for your mojitos drink...:dunno:

nich148_9
07-24-2008, 11:50 PM
There are some at most Safeway locations. They're in the little flat plastic boxes.

Also, for the future: we grow our own here. They're cheap and simple to maintain, and they last forever. Oh, and mojitos in the summer and tea in the winter.

eb0i
07-24-2008, 11:59 PM
superstore.

Kavy
07-25-2008, 01:16 AM
Thanks guys, I really should grow my own but I forget to feed myself most days let alone a plant :)

I will check out all safeway and superstore, I bought some from T&T before and the mint was not what I was looking for with the Mojito's was a bit to bitter, could have been a bad batch.

I did however not know it was so easy to grow.

Cooked Rice
07-25-2008, 01:31 AM
Most grocery stores have them in the fresh produce. Usually nearby the fresh mushrooms i find, lol.

Kavy
07-25-2008, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Cooked Rice
Most grocery stores have them in the fresh produce. Usually nearby the fresh mushrooms i find, lol.

Mushrooms will go great with the steaks!

black_2.5RS
07-25-2008, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by djayz
I'm sure you can get this at any asian shop.

I'll check the garden tomorrow to see how much I've got. I know this stuff grows like weeds in our backyard.

Yah dude. Growing this shit impresses the ladies when you just go to your little potted grower and pull out some fresh herbs and mint and throw it into a drink / dinner.

ExtraSlow
07-25-2008, 09:38 AM
mint has to be the easiest thing to grow ever. it's pretty much a weed and it will take over if you don't keep it contained.

DJ_NAV
07-25-2008, 10:59 AM
anyone know a good recipe for virgin mojito? I like alcholic bevs, but I am hosting a party soon where some people attending do not drink.

nich148_9
07-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by DJ_NAV
anyone know a good recipe for virgin mojito? I like alcholic bevs, but I am hosting a party soon where some people attending do not drink.

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/virgin-mojito
http://supercocktails.com/15105/Virgin-Mojito (this one looks a bit better, IMO)

drew_goring
07-25-2008, 02:12 PM
Just picked some up from Safeway a couple of days ago for Mojitos and it was I think 2.50 for a little bundle.