PDA

View Full Version : NYC - Recommendations on places to stay...

Lagerstatten.ca
07-25-2008, 08:27 AM
Hey Everyone!

I'm traveling to NYC in October and was wondering if anyone has any experience there with accommodations.

Post anything up. Thanks! Also did anyone use priceline.ca/.com for their hotels?

Thanks!

arian_ma
07-25-2008, 08:38 AM
We stayed at the Holiday Inn when I went there, it was a decent hotel to stay at, I don't remember the pricing though but I am pretty sure it was reasonable. For us, the main importance was location, since it's not like we plan on chilling at the hotel for long periods of time anyways. The Holiday Inn is really close to a lot of major land marks that are cool to see.

Lagerstatten.ca
07-25-2008, 09:00 AM
Cool! Thanks for the tip.

We have a lot of time to book our accommodations so I thought I'd give priceline.com a try.

So far nothing for $160/night in Midtown East/West ...boo!

Civ2NR
07-25-2008, 09:07 AM
I was in NYC a couple of months ago and stayed at the Doubletree Hilton. It's on Lexington Ave and 51st street (midtown east side). I highly recommend it!

You might get really lucky but I think you're going to have a hard time finding something decent in Manhattan for $160/night.

max_boost
07-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Keep trying priceline since you have so much time. I just got back from NYC and best I got was Hotel Mela for $190 Times Square.

Paul
07-25-2008, 12:34 PM
Hey,

Just got back from NYC last week. We stayed at Milford Plaza. I'd give the hotel a rating of:

Rooms / Cleanliness: 6/10
Staff: 9/10

It's cheaper than staying right in Times Square.

Lagerstatten.ca
07-25-2008, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the tip Paul...we'll check it out online.

Justing
07-25-2008, 01:57 PM
gf and i were just in NY last week
We stayed at The Muse Hotel
great loaction, 46th st between 6th and 7th.
half a block away from the center of time square and everything you need is really close.
Concierge was excellent and very helpful

tip: GO to katz's deli. a little out of the way from everything else, but the pastrami on rye will blow your mind.
worth the entire trip as soon i took a bite.:drool:

CaptainReboot
07-30-2008, 07:52 AM
We stayed at the Millenium Broadway in Times Square back in June. Got it through Priceline for $200 a night. It was considered a 4 star through Priceline, but I thought it was 3. A little dirty, but the location was great.

Strider
07-30-2008, 12:54 PM
Grand Hyatt... amazing location, right on top of Grand Central Terminal

Check out www.betterbidding.com to find cheap rates for hotels

Gorilla
07-31-2008, 09:43 AM
I stayed at the W..kick ass location
As long as your in Manhattan you'll be fine, find a place close to times square or any train station.