PDA

View Full Version : X Men Origins : Wolverine

Pages : [1] 2

beecue
02-20-2008, 12:18 PM
http://www.zap2it.com/movies/news/zap-kitschreynoldswolverinecasting,0,2230058.story ... Gambit is going to be in it :clap:

Quinsonaaa
02-20-2008, 12:19 PM
this is gonna be sick:thumbsup:

spyce
02-20-2008, 12:23 PM
definitely looking forward to this movie
hopefully it wont end up like xmen 3

analbumcover
02-20-2008, 12:28 PM
SCHWEEEET... gambit ftw

403Gemini
02-20-2008, 12:28 PM
Wasnt this released in a 2 part series?

I believe it was called:

X-Men
and
X2

;)

Antonito
02-20-2008, 12:29 PM
DEADPOOL

ApexDrift
02-20-2008, 12:47 PM
hope it stays true to the comic...
i wonder if they will film in alberta since wolverine from here

analbumcover
02-20-2008, 12:49 PM
after investigation i dont know how will.i.am is going to look like wraith lol, white guy with long white hair??

nos_efx
02-20-2008, 02:23 PM
I still think Jean Reno would have been awesome as Gambit, well maybe not so much now cause he's older...

xLostx
07-25-2008, 02:40 PM
http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/gallery/1189045/photo_02_hires.jpg

Thursday morning attendees were in for a real treat, as surprise guest Hugh Jackman arrived to share footage from the recently wrapped X-Men Origins: Wolverine. In addition to showing scenes of Logan's adamantium operation courtesy of the Weapon X program and Wolverine in full hack-slash action, 20th Century Fox unveiled looks at the fellow characters from X-Men lore that will be joining Wolverine on the big screen next May: Sabretooth (Liev Schreiber), Deadpool (Ryan Reynolds), Wraith (Will.I.Am.), The Blob (Kevin Durand) and...Gambit (Taylor Kitsch)

analbumcover
07-25-2008, 02:42 PM
sweet, still not a fan of will.i.am as wraith but otherwise looks good

SCREENSHOTS

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=301958&page=8

403Gemini
07-25-2008, 03:01 PM
Haha i didnt even think of Ryan Reynolds for Deadpool but that would be perfect imho

USHER
07-25-2008, 03:18 PM
i think they could have gotten a better gambit as well.

403Gemini
07-25-2008, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by USHER
i think they could have gotten a better gambit as well.

Agree

Hes sorta got the look, i can picture it....but man hes a bad actor. Very bland.

beecue
07-25-2008, 10:04 PM
:repost: http://forums.beyond.ca/st/208558/x-men-origins-wolverine/

Can't wait to see gambit

xLostx
07-25-2008, 10:11 PM
that was from February :whocares:

finboy
07-25-2008, 11:18 PM
wiil.I.am....are you fucking kidding me???:banghead:

beecue
07-28-2008, 12:47 AM
comic con trailer .. crappy quality but whatever

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/xmen-origins-wolverine/leaked-comic-con-footage
http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/xmen-origins-wolverine/leaked-comic-con-footage-ii

there was a second with gambit throwing cards :D

jsn
07-28-2008, 08:51 AM
sweet.. wolverine and gambit were always my fav

silviafreek89
07-28-2008, 03:31 PM
Gambit + Deadpool + Wolverine vs. Sabertooth = :eek:

Would the Deadpool comic books be worth a pretty penny now? I have issue #1 never taken out of plastic ?!?! Anyone know stuff about stuff?

arian_ma
07-28-2008, 03:43 PM
BTW, :repost:
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/227632/x-men-origins-wolverine/

bulaian
07-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma
BTW, :repost:
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/227632/x-men-origins-wolverine/

That thread was started on 07-25-2008 and this one was started on 02-20-2008

good try though

arian_ma
07-28-2008, 03:58 PM
I know, I just didn't want to bump the old thread. I don't think the mods saw the "repost" post in that thread.

Is my explanation satisfactory or are you going to try to insult me some more?

TE4MFaint
07-28-2008, 04:15 PM
deadpool was sooo f'kn rad

Ichigo
11-18-2008, 02:16 AM
Trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/244836.html)

black13
11-18-2008, 02:28 AM
Damn, actually looks pretty good!

Good to see Gambit and Sabertooth. Couldn't tell if they showed Deadpool or not, where is the good quality trailer.

viperous
11-18-2008, 02:30 AM
OH SHIT GAMBIT?!!:clap:

BigDannyCool
11-18-2008, 02:38 AM
nice

treg50
11-18-2008, 09:34 AM
I thought this was a repost of the trailer where we see Rick Astley as Gambit.

em2ab
11-18-2008, 10:42 AM
Oh snap, I watched all the X-Men movies waiting for Gambit.....and nothing. Nice!

1-Bar
11-18-2008, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by black13
Damn, actually looks pretty good!

Good to see Gambit and Sabertooth. Couldn't tell if they showed Deadpool or not, where is the good quality trailer.

I thought I saw him (or a guy like him), the guy dressed all in red with the swords.

Hakkola
11-18-2008, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Antonito
DEADPOOL

:werd:

I heard Ryan Reynolds is playing him, which is interesting, because I was just reading a Deadpool comic the other day and he says he looks kind of like Ryan Reynolds, and this issue came out a couple of years ago. So I think it is more of a fanboy rumour.

I fucking love deadpool.

em2ab
11-18-2008, 04:12 PM
Never heard of deadpool....what's he do?

BigDannyCool
11-18-2008, 05:59 PM
i think he's a ninja

Hakkola
11-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Not really. He looks kind of similar to one, but that's about it.
He's probably the funniest marvel character, kind of dresses like a ninja but he isn't really one, he's a loud mouth, always talking, he's kind of crazy, and basically unkillable, has the same regeneration as wolverine, except he's really damn ugly due to this and cancer. He's a pretty complicated character, and he breaks the 4th wall which is cool.

I'm reading the Cable and Deadpool series right now. You can download his comics at

http://forum.ninjavideo.net/viewtopic.php?id=20096

To view them you have to download a small program. CDisplay is the best. It can be found here, about 1/8th of the way down the page. http://forum.ninjavideo.net/viewtopic.php?id=9638

1-Bar
11-18-2008, 09:46 PM
to elaborate more on Hakk....since I'm a nerd, Deadpool was given healing factor (donated by Wolverine) and part of the Weapon X project. Oh and the teleportation is due to something on his belt rather then a mutant ability :thumbsup:

beecue
11-29-2008, 05:19 PM
Pic of Gambit
http://i33.tinypic.com/2mdgenr.jpg

Trailer is going to be playing with The Day the Earth Stood Still :)

gpomp
11-29-2008, 06:30 PM
woot, tim riggins

beecue
12-15-2008, 01:41 PM
trailer ..http://www.myspace.com/x-menorigins .. at this point .. Terminator looks better to me

Eleanor
12-15-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by beecue
Trailer is going to be playing with The Day the Earth Stood Still :)
Not in IMAX though :(

beecue
12-15-2008, 01:51 PM
movie sucked .. I basically went to see the Wolverine trailer :rofl: .. I noticed that they don't play all the trailers in Imax when I watched Dark Knight on normal then Imax

em2ab
12-15-2008, 02:58 PM
This movie out yet?

Tik-Tok
12-15-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by em2ab
This movie out yet?

Not till next spring.

89coupe
01-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Official trailer is up.
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/wolverine/

treg50
01-15-2009, 09:22 PM
^ Cool trailer.

"X Men Origins: Wolverine" eh? I guess it's the 'popular' way to name the movie for the new fans instead of just "Wolverine" for the longtime fans.

BigDannyCool
01-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by treg50
^ Cool trailer.

"X Men Origins: Wolverine" eh? I guess it's the 'popular' way to name the movie for the new fans instead of just "Wolverine" for the longtime fans.

they're doing that with the Magneto movie as well.

.403white
01-17-2009, 01:05 AM
omg deadpool
finally a cool hero:poosie: :poosie: :poosie:

banned3x
01-18-2009, 05:38 PM
heres a good video
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4650870/Hulk.vs.Wolverine.2008[DVDRiP]XviD-NoRar_

beecue
02-16-2009, 12:38 AM
9YJO-JzQjA4

First of 3 tv spots on Fox

silviafreek89
02-16-2009, 08:51 PM
The 2nd spot was supposed to air during House tonight but I didn't see shit...

Anyone else hear about that?

3rd one is supposed to air during American Idol but I'll wait until someone posts it before I was my time watching that crap...

Xtrema
02-16-2009, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by silviafreek89
The 2nd spot was supposed to air during House tonight but I didn't see shit...

Anyone else hear about that?

3rd one is supposed to air during American Idol but I'll wait until someone posts it before I was my time watching that crap...

The clip aired called "brothers"

Basically continuation of Outcast. 2 brothers fighting side by side thru time until Wolverine left the army for a girl and Sabertooth (his bro) kill said girl to get him back.

beecue
02-17-2009, 07:52 PM
here is the 2nd .. http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/xmen-origins-wolverine/tv-spot-brothers

LongCity
02-17-2009, 10:19 PM
I thought Deadpool always wore his mask... In that bad quality trailer his mask was off. Also, Deadpool has the most advanced regenerative ability, surpassing Wolverines. Just thought I'd chime in.

silviafreek89
02-20-2009, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by LongCity
I thought Deadpool always wore his mask... In that bad quality trailer his mask was off. Also, Deadpool has the most advanced regenerative ability, surpassing Wolverines. Just thought I'd chime in.

I was under the impression that Deadpool was deformed while receiving his regenerative ability (taken from Wolverine's blood or whatever) to help cure is cancer, hence the mask.

That clip was probably before he received Wolverine's specialness.

On a side note, anybody see the 3rd trailer yet? I heard it was supposed to air a few days ago!??!

LongCity
02-21-2009, 04:23 PM
I didn't mean from birth... When I said always I meant since he became that character. He had cancer before getting treatment from Weapon X and Wolverine. I think his face got fucked up from plastic surgery or something.

silviafreek89
02-21-2009, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by LongCity
I didn't mean from birth... When I said always I meant since he became that character. He had cancer before getting treatment from Weapon X and Wolverine. I think his face got fucked up from plastic surgery or something.

No worries, I knew what you meant. I was just reading up on the guy and learned that the surgery fucked up his face so he started wearing that gangster mask of his!

Either way, this movie, along with Watchmen and Transformers 2 are going to be insane!!! Can't wait...

89coupe
03-30-2009, 03:16 PM
An image of the main characters.

http://www.efavata.com/CBM/wp-content/gallery/x-men-origins-wolverine/hj-wolverine-big.jpg

jsn
03-30-2009, 05:03 PM
Just wondering... does this stuff actually happen in the comics? (i.e., were they in the civil war or whatever war that was?) Wolverine was always my favorite character but I only watched the tv show on YTV

Hakkola
03-30-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by jsn
Just wondering... does this stuff actually happen in the comics? (i.e., were they in the civil war or whatever war that was?) Wolverine was always my favorite character but I only watched the tv show on YTV

Yes, there was a civil war in the comics, heroes vs heroes due to having heroes required to register, give real names etc... Pretty recent storyline.

Edit - you mean the actual civil war with wolverine fighting? I don't know, in the comics I've seen him in ww2, not civil war though, unless...

No, I can't find any wolverine civil war comics, except for the modern superhero civil war. Looking at wiki Wolverine is Canadian born, I thought he was American but worked with the Canadian gov't - weapon x, but that was Deadpool. Wolverine is all Canadian. Edit- no, Deadpool is canadian born as well, sweet. Deadpool is the shit, I can't wait for this movie.

Probably just some hollywood storyline to make Wolverine more American.

LongCity
03-30-2009, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe
An image of the main characters.

http://www.efavata.com/CBM/wp-content/gallery/x-men-origins-wolverine/hj-wolverine-big.jpg

Hmm... how come they're all sleeping but Wolverine?

patrickj
04-01-2009, 01:03 AM
Work print version was leaked. torrents out apparently.

l/l/rX
04-01-2009, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by patrickj
Work print version was leaked. torrents out apparently.

ya its on ninjavideo...damn it was good! cant wait till the finished one comes out!

403Gemini
04-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Hakkola

Yes, there was a civil war in the comics, heroes vs heroes due to having heroes required to register, give real names etc... Pretty recent storyline.

Edit - you mean the actual civil war with wolverine fighting? I don't know, in the comics I've seen him in ww2, not civil war though, unless...

No, I can't find any wolverine civil war comics, except for the modern superhero civil war. Looking at wiki Wolverine is Canadian born, I thought he was American but worked with the Canadian gov't - weapon x, but that was Deadpool. Wolverine is all Canadian. Edit- no, Deadpool is canadian born as well, sweet. Deadpool is the shit, I can't wait for this movie.

Probably just some hollywood storyline to make Wolverine more American.

I don't think that's what jsn was referring to Hakk ;)

jsn - yes Wolverine was in the civil war, I believe he was also in WW2. Hes an old mofo, but he doesn't age like the rest of us (obviously ;) )

89coupe
04-01-2009, 09:56 AM
Aren't you guys worried about pirating laws? Its a Federal offence, fuck I would hate to get caught with any of that shit on my computer.

Is it really worth the risk?

em2ab
04-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Aren't you guys worried about pirating laws? Its a Federal offence, fuck I would hate to get caught with any of that shit on my computer.

I can't afford to go to the movies, spent too much money on lunch. :cry:

01RedDX
04-01-2009, 10:51 AM

Xtrema
04-01-2009, 11:25 AM

I doubt they'll go after people watching it on streams. Torrent people will probably only be dealt with if you seed for too long.

I don't want to watch unfinished movies, you cheat yourself out of the experience. But this leak is of good quality, not watermark or tracing of any kind. Someone must have a beef with the production.

bashir26
04-01-2009, 12:15 PM

:rofl:

xLostx
04-01-2009, 12:16 PM
Downloading now woot woot

kertejud2
04-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by treg50
^ Cool trailer.

Though I'm not sure how much the longtime fans will like them rewriting the origin by the looks of things. It looks like they're making him American, which is bullshit! We have 2 great superheroes and they want to take one of them away from us?! (Captain Canuck being the other obviously).

I could be wrong, but it appears to me like he's fighting in the American Civil War and fighting with the U.S. army. Perhaps they'll keep the research facilities in Canada and have it as some joint program or whatever but it seems like they've written it for the American audience who apparently can't accept that the most badass of all the mutants is Canadian. Damn hosers!

Good to see Gambit finally, he was definitely the biggest omission from the other movies IMO. And Deadpool should be entertaining as well.

Chester
04-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Its just the work print that is leaked; the movie isn't complete, would rather just wait for it to be released so I can get blazzzzzzzzed and go to the theater ahah

nusneak
04-01-2009, 03:35 PM
I think they are more concerned with the fucktards that try and sell that shit for profit on the internet or burning discs.

I've heard of a person through an acquaintance, of an acquaintance, of a friend, that a guy makes more $$ selling discs of stuff he downloaded online at his job, then his full time job pays him. :nut: (It is not a completely shitty job/company either, so I wont say where I heard it was he works.)

:facepalm:

Xtrema
04-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by nusneak
I've heard of a person through an acquaintance, of an acquaintance, of a friend, that a guy makes more $$ selling discs of stuff he downloaded online at his job, then his full time job pays him. :nut: (It is not a completely shitty job/company either, so I wont say where I heard it was he works.)

:facepalm:

Until cops take him down and make him pay.

JMaj7
04-01-2009, 05:22 PM
I'm going to make sure I check this flick out in the theatres. I'm downloading it and I intend to watch it soon. The thing is that I got really high and dreamt up a fucked up world where piracy laws got enforced a lot more simply because the most anticipated movies leaked on the internet. I got to thinking about how bland a regulated internet would be. As if this movie was the reason why the laws were amended because studios started to complain about lost revenues. And for some reason, it never occured to them that the reason why people downloaded the shit to begin with was because of the ovehyped,overmarketed shit they were releasing anyway? I'm going to make sure I watch this on the big screen again.

black13
04-01-2009, 05:34 PM
It's tempting to watch but with the amount of CGI used in these movies, the whole ending probably looks stupid with a green background or something similar.

The first 5 min I saw was pretty cool though, especially seeing Deadpool

beecue
04-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Saw a few pictures, quality looks very good for a workprint. I don't think I have ever seen one a month early for a blockbuster movie. I'm not going to watch it though, it will just ruin it for me. I also read some comments that said when Wolverine's claws come out it just says it on the screen, no special effects. :thumbsdow

rx7boi
04-01-2009, 05:58 PM
They massively fucked Deadpool's look in the movie.

In canon, Deadpool's healing factor that prevents the spread of cancer throughout his body wreaks havoc on his skin but in the movie, he looks like some albino alien bitch.

Hakkola
04-01-2009, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by rx7boi
They massively fucked Deadpool's look in the movie.

In canon, Deadpool's healing factor that prevents the spread of cancer throughout his body wreaks havoc on his skin but in the movie, he looks like some albino alien bitch.

LOL! How about taking away his mouth, and adding all those gay fucking powers. Laser vision? Teleportation? He can only do that with a device. The merc with a mouth, without a mouth is not fucking deadpool.

Gambit without a French accent?

WTF.

First half was great, then it turned to shit in a hurry.

rockwolf2001
04-01-2009, 10:29 PM
just finished watching the work print version, IMO the plot is crap and there's a lot of let-downs in the movie, for example gambit and deadpool...

rx7boi
04-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

LOL! How about taking away his mouth, and adding all those gay fucking powers. Laser vision? Teleportation? He can only do that with a device. The merc with a mouth, without a mouth is not fucking deadpool.

Gambit without a French accent?

WTF.

First half was great, then it turned to shit in a hurry.

"Oui oui, mon ami."

Hahahaha, but I think that guy did a good job playing up the mysticism on Gambit's character in that little pub. They should have played with his kinetic energy a bit more.

black13
04-01-2009, 11:39 PM
ooooh man, twice in a row Fox has fucked up the X-men franchise. First X3 and now this, I've been hearing alot of crap about it and I doubt 20 min is gonna fix this.
They should've gotten David Hayter to write the script again.

403Gemini
04-02-2009, 12:28 AM
So i browsed through it quickly and watched a few scenes...

Is that white ... THING at the end REALLY deadpool? if so... wow... just wow... one of my favorite characters BUTCHERED!

calgarydub
04-02-2009, 02:00 AM
I watched the work print on ninja video.

Glad I did because that was..... :barf:

Jonel
04-02-2009, 04:07 AM
the workprint doesn't include the reshoots

ZorroAMG
04-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Maybe Taylor Kitsch's accent sucked so they scrapped it instead of re-casting....

rx7boi
04-02-2009, 11:14 AM
"I guess they finally found a way to shut you up."

Haha man, Hollywood writers are MESSED in the head.

calgarydub
04-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Jonel

Well hopefully they reshoot the ENTIRE last half of the movie.

I've always loved X-men and wolverine being my favorite, but this movie was pretty lame.

black13
04-03-2009, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Jonel

No amount of reshoots is gonna fix this crap. Absolute garbage, its as bad or even worse than Spiderman 3. I wish Bryan Singer would go back to the Xmen series.

sl888
04-03-2009, 02:36 AM
Hmmm I watched the first few minutes and it looks sweet. After what everyone has said maybe I should stop cause it's taking forever to download

soupey
04-07-2009, 09:37 AM
"your country needs you!"
"i'm canadian"

:rofl:

01RedDX
04-07-2009, 03:51 PM

yue
04-10-2009, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by black13
ooooh man, twice in a row Fox has fucked up the X-men franchise. First X3 and now this, I've been hearing alot of crap about it and I doubt 20 min is gonna fix this.
They should've gotten David Hayter to write the script again.
yeah, this movie licked balls. i had a feeling when i saw will.i.am in the opening credits.

hollywood has got to try harder to please the fans of the comics and not just try to hype joe-blow who just saw the trailer.

beecue
05-01-2009, 10:39 PM
pretty good .. Deadpool and Gambit were sick! ... anyone know why they didn't include Gambit in the X-Men movies? .. I think I read it somewhere but can't remember

b_t
05-01-2009, 11:07 PM
Just got back. This movie was complete and total shit. So bad. So predictable, so melodramatic, so poorly done.. bad effects even! Wolverine's claws looked fake as hell, Deadpool wasn't in it anywhere near enough, just man.. what a shit movie.

reiRei
05-01-2009, 11:33 PM
I could say so very much everything that is wrong with this movie, I could go on paragraphs and paragraphs on how they effed up the story and screwed up the origins... but I'm too lazy... lol

Zewind
05-02-2009, 10:04 AM
After Hollywood did Spider Man Ive totally stepped back from comics & hollywood trying to follow the actually history for the comics.

I didnt find it that bad. But there were a few parts that the CGI was horrible & something I wouldnt expcet from a movie in this day & age.

pf0sh0
05-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Zewind
After Hollywood did Spider Man Ive totally stepped back from comics & hollywood trying to follow the actually history for the comics.

I didnt find it that bad. But there were a few parts that the CGI was horrible & something I wouldnt expcet from a movie in this day & age.

Watched it last night, it was pretty good. But some CGI did lick ass... Like the part in the house, when he was in the bathroom. fuckign terrible.

FLARE
05-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Not a terrible flick, entertaining to say the least.. peoples comments seem harsh to me :dunno:

Pahnda
05-02-2009, 10:20 AM
I was going to watch it last night until people bailed from being 'too tired from the gym' haha... Maybe I don't feel that bad about it now.

.403white
05-02-2009, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Antonito
DEADPOOL
nuff said