PDA

View Full Version : To the Black G35 on Deerfoot today

5fivespeed
07-27-2008, 12:52 AM
We watched a Black G35 Coupe spin twice across three lanes across Deerfoot today. Just wondering if it was a beyonder - and hoping you're okay.

He was doing the limit and everything, I think the car hydroplaned, the back end started sliding out and the guy spun across all lanes and ending up off the road backwards on the curb.

Just hoping you're okay. That was so bad to watch. (If you're on beyond - we're the guys in the Silver Murano.)

em2ab
07-27-2008, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by 5fivespeed
(If you're on beyond - we're the guys in the Silver Murano.)

.....that cruised right on by?

5fivespeed
07-27-2008, 01:52 AM
Well, we couldn't do much pulling off to the side since we were at the far left lane. Everyone literally slowed down. I didn't think it would be safe to swerve across the three lanes (and at the speed with the traffic it didn't leave us much room to slow down)

If we did pull over, it would be pretty far away from the 35'. Since traffic was quite, out there.

I wish I would have though.

ibcnya
07-27-2008, 01:56 AM
props to one of the many few beyonders!

psi_klops
07-30-2008, 07:06 PM
Hi 5fivespeed!

That was me that spun out. Everyone is okay, and luckily there was not much traffic out there!!
Thanks for the concern, it is much appreciated.
The car is okay too.
Calgary weather...what can you do.

funkedelic
07-30-2008, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by psi_klops
Hi 5fivespeed!

That was me that spun out. Everyone is okay, and luckily there was not much traffic out there!!
Thanks for the concern, it is much appreciated.
The car is okay too.
Calgary weather...what can you do.

glad your ok, whats the verdict on losing control? Did you hydroplane?

could have gotten ugly on such a busy road you got lucky

Redlyne_mr2
07-30-2008, 07:22 PM
damn that's nuts.. glad to hear youre alright.. that happened to me years back in an SLK, definitely not fun.

psi_klops
07-30-2008, 08:18 PM
I am still not sure what happened. I was driving that all of a sudden the rear end broke away??
I was thinking of what it could be...
1 I have anti sway bars on the car..but they are not too stiff...
2 Tires...???
3 weather...hydroplane

I was definatey lucky that no one esle was in my path as I spun out..it could have been a really bad accident!!!

As for the place of the spin...it was the best place for a bad thing to happen...there was no barrier wall on the other side to mess up the car..I was fortunate to jump the curb at a good angle and not flip and just stop in the mud.

If I didn't already believe in God...I certaintly have confirmed the His existance.

TorqueDog
07-30-2008, 08:47 PM
Did you violate one of the commandments?

Thou shalt not turn off the traction control on the freeway. :D

5fivespeed
07-31-2008, 12:18 AM
I fig. out of Calgary's population - you'd be on here. I was like :eek: and so were my cousins and brother.

Mad respect for you though, You handled that spin very, very well. I literally saw your car roll onto the curb. Watched your front tires turn to control the spin as well. I'm pretty sure you hydroplaned. The road was completely layered in water. Could be your tires, along with the hydroplaning. That's my guess.

I'm glad that I didn't take out my Corolla like I planned. I know my car would have hit the same patch yours did. Any damages to the car?

Just glad your okay, we were shocked to see it.

psi_klops
07-31-2008, 12:26 AM
Thanks Man!
No damage to the car that I can see. I went under it yesterday and today...just cleaned up some mud and tightened some bolts. Other than that all seems well.

psi_klops
07-31-2008, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
Did you violate one of the commandments?

Thou shalt not turn off the traction control on the freeway. :D

I actually had the Vehicle Stability ON!! But I sure as hell didn't feel more stable!!
I guess that system controls "slip" if I my tires a spinning too fast (like a burn out) but not on stuff like this...where it counts

revelations
07-31-2008, 08:59 AM
Where on the Deerfoot did this happen and what shape are your tires in?

Eleanor
07-31-2008, 09:46 AM
Crazy! Good to hear you're okay!

gretz
07-31-2008, 10:09 AM
are you running serious camber on your tires? I had hydroplane issues with worn tires with heavy camber

psi_klops
07-31-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by revelations
Where on the Deerfoot did this happen and what shape are your tires in?

I think it was around the 32nd ave ramp, heading southbound. There is a curve in the road there.

psi_klops
07-31-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by gretz
are you running serious camber on your tires? I had hydroplane issues with worn tires with heavy camber

The car is not lowered over stock so there are no camber issues that I am aware of. As for the tires....The tread seems decent but I could always use a new set of tires:)

TorqueDog
07-31-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by psi_klops
I actually had the Vehicle Stability ON!! But I sure as hell didn't feel more stable!!
I guess that system controls "slip" if I my tires a spinning too fast (like a burn out) but not on stuff like this...where it counts Wow, that's pretty crazy then.

We had one guy on the M5 forum say his car 'tried to kill him'... he then mentioned he turned off the Traction and Stability program; the automotive equivalent of a PEBKAC error.

Glad to hear everything was okay.