PDA

View Full Version : red out tail lights

rabbitz
07-27-2008, 01:15 AM
does anyone know where i can get someone to help me red out my tail lights? ive searched and come up with nothing.. the only thing i can find right now is bluebatmobile's overlays but im not sure if im able to apply them without messing it up =/

5fivespeed
07-27-2008, 01:45 AM
Red tint in a spray can? I was going to go that route.

ex1z7
07-27-2008, 02:27 AM
The red stuff in a can is at pretty much any hardware store - you can even get Krylon red tint spray... IIRC it's 7 bucks a can..

rabbitz
07-27-2008, 12:27 PM
ohhh ok i never thought of taht..

has anyone done it before though? spray tint is a lot more permanent than vinyl overlays so i REALLY dont want to screw it up

any tips on how to do it? or do i just tape out the surrounding parts and spray until it looks right?

edit: also, do i have to leave a bit unsprayed for the reverse lights?

bulaian
07-29-2008, 08:36 AM
i've done it before, it's very easy but you just need to be patient with spraying and letting it dry completely before adding another coat.

I tape off the housing and the reverse lights and sprayed on some clear coat afterwards

rabbitz
07-29-2008, 09:52 PM
does anyone know the exact name of the stuff i have to use? it has to be TINT spray? or waht? cause all i could find was krylon fusion for plastic, krylon h2o something something and other things which i dont think are relevant...

would the fusion for plastic one work?

heres a picture of it : http://www.krylon.com/products/fusion_for_plastic/

also slightly off topic but the guy at the store said you can just use wd40 to get the gunk off when debadging.... is that recommended or should i use something else?