PDA

View Full Version : LF: Someone to upgrade my 1st gen iPhone to 2.0

pcruz
07-28-2008, 01:30 AM
Have a 1st gen iPhone I want to upgrade from 1.1.4 to 2.0. Willing to pay what you think is fair.

eglove
07-28-2008, 01:48 AM
i'll help you out if your in the nw

personally i would hold up till 2.1 is out and jailbroke.

kevinkorea
07-29-2008, 09:52 PM
i can do that. it would include the app store and itunes as well as cydia otherwise known as the IMPROVED installer. it iwll be fully unlocked as well pm me with your number and i think we can work somehthing out?

eglove
07-29-2008, 09:58 PM
^ i'll do it for a can of nestea. don't pay someone for it.

phoomp
07-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Why not do it yourself? It's dead simple.
http://lifehacker.com/398906/jailbreak-iphone-20-with-pwnagetool

kevinkorea
07-29-2008, 10:42 PM
not everyone has a mac. and if you mess up it's hell if you wanna restore it back to 1.1.4. you need to restore it then kick it out of recovery mode and if it fails restore again then it should kick out the you have to downgrade the baseband and then jailbreak it all over again and move the apps. pretty painful. also the 3gs won't work cause it cannot be unlocked yet

phoomp
07-29-2008, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by kevinkorea
not everyone has a mac.
Then he can just use the Windows version
http://www.winpwn.com/index.php/Main_Page

eglove
07-29-2008, 10:58 PM
you're making it sound harder than it is.

i have a jailbroke 3g and a jailbroke/unlocked first gen sitting right next to me.

tha_bandit
07-29-2008, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by eglove
^ i'll do it for a can of nestea. don't pay someone for it.

i'll take some jones soda if youre ever around uni

Originally posted by phoomp
Why not do it yourself? It's dead simple.

WORD! why not, if u mess up just restore in itunes, simple......
read a couple of steps, run the tool (in simple mode) and you'll be done in 10-15 min...

:thumbsup:

kevinkorea
07-29-2008, 11:59 PM
you're making it sound harder than it is.

i have a jailbroke 3g and a jailbroke/unlocked first gen sitting right next to me.

well all iPhones are different and unique the percentage of the things differ. but it's usually aroudn 80%.

isn't the 3g iPhones not workable if you jailbreak it? as in unlocking is not out yet? the easiest would be ZiPhone if he ever releases anything

tha_bandit
07-30-2008, 12:11 AM

well all iPhones are different and unique the percentage of the things differ. but it's usually aroudn 80%.

isn't the 3g iPhones not workable if you jailbreak it? as in unlocking is not out yet? the easiest would be ZiPhone if he ever releases anything

i didnt quite understand what u said, but 80% of iphones that had that wifi and bluetooth problem were a result of Ziphone....
http://pumpkinpat.ch/zibri_rant.html

to the OP, as long as u dont load a ipod touch firmware on the phone (which is crazy anyways) youll be fine, PwnageTool is the best piece of software...

eglove
07-30-2008, 12:13 AM
zipphone is fucking stupid. pwning is the only way to go IMO.

i have a custom IPSW ready to go for anyone that wants to jailbreak a 3g

lol

i'll just drive around with my macbook.

fanblade
07-30-2008, 04:20 AM
can u guys jailbreak my ipod touch too? lol my treat for a can of kokanee :rolleyes:

tha_bandit
07-30-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by fanblade
can u guys jailbreak my ipod touch too? lol my treat for a can of kokanee :rolleyes:

jones soda!!!!

phoomp
07-30-2008, 01:23 PM
There are two factors for the iPhone 3G. Jailbreak and unlock. At the moment, you can jailbreak a 3G, but it'll still be locked to the carrier you purchased it from. This isn't as big of a deal for Canadians as it was for the first iPhone, since the iPhone is now available in Canada. For the original, we wanted to unlock it from AT&T so we could use it on Rogers or Fido. If you don't understand the difference between 'jailbreaking' and 'unlocking', how can you propose to do it for the OP?

As for Jailbreaking 2.0 software, personally, I'm staying at 1.1.4 until more jailbreak apps get ported to 2.0 (though, the accelerometer-based NES emulator has me tempted)

eglove
07-30-2008, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by fanblade

jailbreaking a touch is simple. providing you're on 1.1.4 or older

just go to jailbreakme.com in safari.

CivicDXR
07-30-2008, 03:09 PM

its funny how bad you are trying to make it sound to make a bit of cash from the OP... :thumbsdow

I've been jailbreaking/unlocking iPhones since they were first unlockable... it isn't rocket science... follow the steps, and you'll get to the end... if you screw up, restore and start again...

as for the misinformation that you're giving out... ZiPhone sucks ass, and i'm typing this from a jailbroken 3G...

if you don't know the difference between jailbreaking and unlocking, then do yourself a favor and forget about modding iPhones...

al-ti2d
07-30-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by CivicDXR

as for the misinformation that you're giving out... ZiPhone sucks ass, and i'm typing this from a jailbroken 3G...

if you don't know the difference between jailbreaking and unlocking, then do yourself a favor and forget about modding iPhones...

just curious as to why you say ziphone sucks? thats the program that i used to jailbreak/unlock my iphone and it worked great for me. does it have any glitches in it or something?

CivicDXR
07-30-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by al-ti2d

just curious as to why you say ziphone sucks? thats the program that i used to jailbreak/unlock my iphone and it worked great for me. does it have any glitches in it or something?

alot of people have been having problems with it such as certain things not working, or killing the phone completely... (bluetooth, youtube, mail, etc)

I did mine with ZiPhone before, and I was missing youtube support, and syncing issues...

Jump on google and seach for "ziphone sucks"... see what you get...

FYI: the guy who created ZiPhone didn't even create shit... he took all the other tools and put it in one package, but he even managed to screw that up...

eglove
07-30-2008, 03:35 PM

its funny how bad you are trying to make it sound to make a bit of cash from the OP... :thumbsdown:

QFT.

arian_ma
07-30-2008, 03:39 PM
I used ZiPhone and my phone has been going strong since I unlocked it when ZiPhone first came out. I don't doubt your stories though CivicDXR, and I would also recommend pwning your phone.

Oh and kevinkorea, you are the pinnacle of the failure of society as a whole. Stop lying out of your ass, this is dead simple, 20 minutes of reading, a couple of questions, and anyone can do this. If one is that scared to do it, many genuine people like the ones you see in this thread are willing to help him out. Life isn't about money you snake.

tha_bandit
07-31-2008, 12:37 AM

jailbreaking a touch is simple. providing you're on 1.1.4 or older

just go to jailbreakme.com in safari.

jailbreakme.com only supports firmware 1.1.1, due to a safari .tiff exploit....closed after 1.1.2

FYI: the guy who created ZiPhone didn't even create shit... he took all the other tools and put it in one package, but he even managed to screw that up...

yep ziphone is buggy, the link in my previous post explains the whole story....

Originally posted by arian_ma

Oh and kevinkorea, .... lying out of your ass, ... anyone can do this. If one is that scared to do it, many genuine people... willing to help him out. .....

:rofl:......:closed:

eglove
07-31-2008, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by tha_bandit

jailbreakme.com only supports firmware 1.1.1, due to a safari .tiff exploit....closed after 1.1.2

ahh my bad, i haven't done an itouch for ages and ages.