PDA

View Full Version : Car Prowling NE Industrial

retro-steve
07-28-2008, 06:08 AM
So last night when I was starting work my coworker came in and said "hey man, there's a car full of guys checking out your car, they just stared at me when I pulled up, it doesn't look like they have much of a purpose here" After hearing this him, myself and my partner went into the parking lot to see a green '99+ Accord sedan with four brown teens, age 17-19 with short hair looking at both my car and my friend's. When the three of us came out in full uniform with sidearms and then moved our cars they had a paniced look and then their car sped off before any of us could acquire the license plate.

If you have your car anywhere near Memorial and 36th NE and it is a high-target vehicle watch out for this group, or if anyone has an idea who they are please PM me so that it may be dealt with appropriately.

Also if any of the people who were in that car are on here and have a legitimate excuse for looking at our cars in a private parking lot feel free to PM me and also know that we do have 24 hour manned and live surveillance of the parking lot. (yes I checked the DVR for a plate, but digital enhancment was blury).

The Cosworth
07-28-2008, 06:52 AM
so wait they were prowling around a police station?

Natural selection at its finest

Kennyredline
07-28-2008, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by The Cosworth
so wait they were prowling around a police station?

Natural selection at its finest
Ya, why are you packing "sidearms..."?

Supa Dexta
07-28-2008, 09:49 AM
I'm guessing some sort of security guard, or bank truck guard.. They like to give people the impression they are cops.. :rofl:

retro-steve
07-28-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
I'm guessing some sort of security guard, or bank truck guard.. They like to give people the impression they are cops.. :rofl:

Yes because security guards in Canada are allowed to carry :rolleyes: The reason I'm not stating my job is because I don't want people to know exactly where my car is as this board is frequented by little douchey delinquents, I am not implying what I am one way or the other.

Kona9
07-28-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by retro-steve

Yes because security guards in Canada are allowed to carry :rolleyes: The reason I'm not stating my job is because I don't want people to know exactly where my car is as this board is frequented by little douchey delinquents, I am not implying what I am one way or the other.

Yet it's important to mention you have a side arm?

Cop, Securicor, Brinks etc? Pretty much the only gun toting profession around these here parts there Jethro.

retro-steve
07-28-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Kona9

Cop, Securicor, Brinks etc? Pretty much the only gun toting profession around these here parts there Jethro.

There's a couple others...

retro-steve
07-28-2008, 04:38 PM
Honestly this thread is not about why I carry, it's a warning for people in the area to keep their eye out and to see if anyone else has information about these people, if what I do is really that incredibly interesting to you feel free to PM and I might talk to you about it, otherwise I'd rather people not know so no one goes looking for my car.

dj_rice
07-28-2008, 05:09 PM

I know where he works but he'll shoot me if I say it

Kona9
07-28-2008, 05:17 PM
Honestly this thread is not about why I carry, it's a warning for people in the area to keep their eye out and to see if anyone else has information about these people, if what I do is really that incredibly interesting to you feel free to PM and I might talk to you about it, otherwise I'd rather people not know so no one goes looking for my car.

Understandable, yet the fact that you had a sidearm is irrelevant. Hence the comments regarding it. Not many places in the Memorial 36th st. NE area that employee citizens with side arms. Just sayin'.

Regardless, All Jack Assery aside, thank you for posting your experience, as hopefully it will get people aware and attentive so they get caught sooner than later. Beit Beyond CSI style or in the act itself, I am sure there are people that have read this and appreciate something to look out for.

E36M3
07-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Whenever my "partner" and I engage our "side arms", it usually scares away "prowlers".

Understandable, yet the fact that you had a sidearm is irrelevant. Hence the comments regarding it. Not many places in the Memorial 36th st. NE area that employee citizens with side arms. Just sayin'.

Regardless, All Jack Assery aside, thank you for posting your experience, as hopefully it will get people aware and attentive so they get caught sooner than later. Beit Beyond CSI style or in the act itself, I am sure there are people that have read this and appreciate something to look out for.

mark4091
07-28-2008, 05:47 PM

Actually it would probably be better, because now they know who not to mess with.

Jlude
07-28-2008, 06:06 PM
:rofl: @ this thread and Beyonds' finest managing to turn it into a laugh!

dj_rice
07-28-2008, 07:58 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/216022/shooting-range/

Kona9
07-28-2008, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

:rofl:

finboy
07-28-2008, 08:21 PM
did you drive home to your PAID OFF CONDO after enjoying a $100 lunch?

ZorroAMG
07-28-2008, 09:17 PM
oooooh...poor execution of old beyond jokes, finny....rare that your stuff is so lame!

Mebe you should re-think things.

Euro_Trash
07-28-2008, 09:23 PM

:rofl: :rofl:

finboy
07-28-2008, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
oooooh...poor execution of old beyond jokes, finny....rare that your stuff is so lame!

Mebe you should re-think things.

:whipped:

fucking '03's

Numi
07-29-2008, 01:42 AM
they were looking at your mustang?
I'm sure they weren't going to steal it.

retro-steve
07-29-2008, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by Numi
they were looking at your mustang?
I'm sure they weren't going to steal it.

Not my Mustang, if it was I wouldn't have cared and just collected on the insurance.

retro-steve
07-29-2008, 06:19 AM

Shooting Edge address: Bay #4, 510 77 Avenue S.E.

Yes I do work at TSE (part time), but I also have a full time job which is where I said this was taking place, which is in the NE around 36th St. and Memorial...here's a google map to show the difference in areas:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=36th+street+NE+Calgary,+AB&daddr=510+77+Avenue+S.E.+Calgary,+AB&sll=50.984829,-114.051454&sspn=0.006524,0.018711&ie=UTF8&z=12

Wow Rice, first owned by an '08, now owned by reading comprehension...

Again, this is not about where I work, this is about people watching out so their cars don't get stolen.

finboy
07-29-2008, 06:21 AM
i thought it was about letting everyone know that you "carry" :confused:

retro-steve
07-29-2008, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by finboy
i thought it was about letting everyone know that you "carry" :confused:

It just makes me feel like a real man and compensates for my tiny penis talking about it.

Actually I posted it so that anyone who could be remotely involved with them would know for sure who I was talking about if they are on this board (basically an easy identification tool) so that the kids in the car will know people are now looking out for them. If I just said "Ya a bunch of brown guys in a green Accord in the NE" and didn't identify people, time, exact location, etc... then they could assume "well it might not be us, so let's go see if we can hit these cars again" as most kids looking to jack a car are pretty stupid and would come to this conclusion.

gcoap
07-29-2008, 07:00 AM
@@@

nj2Type-S
07-29-2008, 07:27 AM
lol, man. the OP sends out a warning to people for these 'prowlers' and he gets flamed for it cuz he mentions he carries a side arm. thanks for the heads up, regardless. :thumbsup:

edit: the replies are hilarious, though, lol! :rofl:

ZorroAMG
07-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by finboy

:whipped:

fucking '03's

:angel:

A790
07-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by gcoap

Is this a life partner or just your gay lover.

Dick Brain
Oh wow, a gay joke. That must have taken all six of your brain cells, aye?

Jlude
07-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by A790

Oh wow, a gay joke. That must have taken all six of your brain cells, aye?

Agreed... I was smiling while reading the thread until I got to that post.

Now I'm over it.

luxor
07-29-2008, 01:14 PM

It just makes me feel like a real man and compensates for my tiny penis talking about it.

Sarcasm FAIL

you don't use sarcasm when its true.

Spoons
07-29-2008, 01:30 PM
Obviously he doesn't work for the police. Who would be dumb enough to be doing that shit around a police station.

OBVIOUSLY his uniform is a silver jump suit and his side arm some WWII circa SMG. Definitely a guard for some sort of doctor bent on world domination.

retro-steve
07-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Spoons
Obviously he doesn't work for the police. Who would be dumb enough to be doing that shit around a police station.

OBVIOUSLY his uniform is a silver jump suit and his side arm some WWII circa SMG. Definitely a guard for some sort of doctor bent on world domination.

At least I have a name tag so I stand a chance...

dj_rice
07-29-2008, 06:32 PM

Shooting Edge address: Bay #4, 510 77 Avenue S.E.

Yes I do work at TSE (part time), but I also have a full time job which is where I said this was taking place, which is in the NE around 36th St. and Memorial...here's a google map to show the difference in areas:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=36th+street+NE+Calgary,+AB&daddr=510+77+Avenue+S.E.+Calgary,+AB&sll=50.984829,-114.051454&sspn=0.006524,0.018711&ie=UTF8&z=12

Wow Rice, first owned by an '08, now owned by reading comprehension...

Again, this is not about where I work, this is about people watching out so their cars don't get stolen.

My reference of your employment at The Shooting Edge had nothing to do with your car prowling at 36th St NE, just showing people why you might be allowed to carry a sidearm.....

Nice try and thanks for coming out :thumbsup:

retro-steve
07-30-2008, 06:10 AM

My reference of your employment at The Shooting Edge had nothing to do with your car prowling at 36th St NE, just showing people why you might be allowed to carry a sidearm.....

Nice try and thanks for coming out :thumbsup:

Ya but you said stuff like "I know where he works" etc.. etc.. leading people to believe that when you posted that link that was my full time employment in what seemed like an attempt to burn me.

I've just known you in the past for so much better flamming and I was hoping to get a good laugh (even at my own expense), but you have failed to deliver, where'd the old spark go? :(