PDA

View Full Version : Cuil - Google Killer?

rmk
07-28-2008, 08:52 AM
http://money.cnn.com/2008/07/28/technology/cuil.ap/index.htm?cnn=yes

www.cuil.com is up but not currently functioning.

Thaco
07-28-2008, 08:54 AM
why does everything have to kill something else, why cant we all just live in harmony?

schocker
07-28-2008, 08:57 AM
wow, most useless search engine ever. tried searching for something for access, returned 2 results that had nothing to do with the subject at all.

tictactoe2004
07-28-2008, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by rmk
www.cuil.com is up but not currently functioning.

Originally posted by schocker
wow, most useless search engine ever. tried searching for something for access, returned 2 results that had nothing to do with the subject at all.

:dunno: Maybe because it's not currently functioning? ;) ;)

kenny
07-28-2008, 10:09 AM
The only reason it is seen as a threat is because there are many high profile people that started and are working on Cuil including people from Google, Teoma, etc.

Cuil has also gained a lot of attention by reigniting the size war for the search engines but after testing it with a handful of keywords, the search results are nowhere near the quality of Google's engine.

Quiet10
07-28-2008, 10:34 AM
It works for me, although I don't think this will touch Google whatsoever. The interface is clean and fast, but I think most people are used to "googling" for their searches and don't like change.

We'll see though. :dunno:

schocker
07-28-2008, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by tictactoe2004

:dunno: Maybe because it's not currently functioning? ;) ;)
it was functioning partially. returned some results, i was searching for a printing function in access returned results found in print.....

very nice interface though and layout