PDA

View Full Version : transferring number from telus to rogers

colinxx235
07-28-2008, 09:31 AM
Just looking for some input, because I’ve talked to two people from Rogers, and one Telus representative and nothing is coordinating.

I am currently with Telus and my contract just finished yesterday, and despite how many great offer Telus keeps phoning with for me to resign I really want the iphone or n96. They are releasing the htc diamond and Samsung instinct in 2 weeks but I’m not sure if I like the diamond that much, if it was htc touch pro I would, but that’s not out for a while I bet.

I'm basically curious what process I should go with and not get screwed. The Rogers employee told me that I don’t' need to do anything on the Telus side, and saying that with my contract being up yesterday I just go into a Rogers store and they will transfer my number over to them with signing a contract and they deal with Telus and will send me the fees for cancellation and miscellaneous. Curious if this was true or not? As well would it be a good idea to call into Rogers or Fido and try to get a deal or special offers for switching over as I’m a steady 6 year Telus customer. So far Telus has offered me spark 15 free for my entire contract, 25 long distance minutes free a month, and quite a large amount off a new phone, this would roughly save me 20ish a month, as well they would wave the new phone fee, and would transfer my full contact list and setup for free...

Just hoping for some input, thanks!

hrdkore
07-28-2008, 09:32 AM
yup, u only need to talk to the company u are goign to sign up with. If you have costco membership they do it.

colinxx235
07-28-2008, 09:32 AM
oh sorry I forgot to include, if anyone knows where to find a black 16gb could they tell me a location, preferably south/se or downtown area =)

rage2
07-28-2008, 10:08 AM
I've transferred a few Telus accounts (no contracts) to Rogers and Fido iPhone the last week. You don't even need to prove you own the Telus phone haha. Give them the phone #, the ESN# and activate a new phone. Takes about 5 mins to port over. Telus sees this and automatically terminates the other account (I called in and checked, all accounts were terminated on Telus side).

Telus will call you in a few days to ask you why you left, and all sorts of stupid questions. I just hung up on the guy.

colinxx235
07-28-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by rage2
I've transferred a few Telus accounts (no contracts) to Rogers and Fido iPhone the last week. You don't even need to prove you own the Telus phone haha. Give them the phone #, the ESN# and activate a new phone. Takes about 5 mins to port over. Telus sees this and automatically terminates the other account (I called in and checked, all accounts were terminated on Telus side).

Telus will call you in a few days to ask you why you left, and all sorts of stupid questions. I just hung up on the guy.

Haha thanks, that awesome. Cause ya, htc diamond and deals were slightly tempting. But if i wanted to wait 2-3 weeks for that might as well wait for n96 or just get iphone. That is good news, now all I need to do is hunt down a store with a 16gb black, and i'm set =). How do you like your new iphone so far? (pros/cons)

colinxx235
07-28-2008, 01:17 PM
hrmm no one, guess i'm gonna have to troll through all the rogers stores on my night off trying to find one

rage2
07-28-2008, 01:24 PM
Get on a waiting list. That's your best bet in picking one up.

I got lucky, the 2 people they called didn't show up to pick their 16G's up by late afternoon, I walked by, and they said they'll sell it to me.

Love the iPhone. I've been carrying around my iPod Touch as well as my cell phone for the last few months, so it's actually nice to just have 1 unit. Still not used to how big it is as a phone, hopefully that'll fix itself over time. The functionality is great, which is why I had my Touch with me everywhere to begin with. Battery life's been great too, I'm on it all day, BT on, 3G, WiFi and I spend a lot of time on the phone and email/internet on it. By the time I get home at night, I still have a 20% charge.

colinxx235
07-28-2008, 01:50 PM
hrmm awesome info, hopefully i get lucky, i have tues/wed/fri nights off, otherwise with the two jobs its hard to search around... I wonder what the wait list is like. Do you have to go on one at an individual store, or do they contact you for one thats in a location near you?? Ya I was worried about the battery life, I fiend my nano all day, and was curious how often i'd need to charge the phone. As well I go to U of C and don't always like to drag my asus around so the wifi would be useful.

autumnrain
07-28-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by rage2

but bell says you have to give them 30 days notifitication to cancel their service even if your contract is up..
II want a corporate plan with rogers. anyone know of soemthing