PDA

View Full Version : Free Rogers Cell Phone...

roopi
09-03-2003, 08:08 PM
Well this is only applicable to current Rogers customers.

Rogers has a Stolen/Damaged phone plan where they offer reburished cell phones for a discounted price if you lost your phone or it was damaged.

The deal they are currently offering (until Sept. 30, 2003) is that they will give you a free phone (Moto C333 for GSM, some other TDMA's) for free. No cost at all and no shipping fee either. The only snag is that they extend your contract by a year. But the thing is if you are currently under a contract that still has more than a year left then they don't extend it.

Example:

Contract ends Dec 2004 then if I ask for the free refurbished Moto because my phone died then there is no contract extension.

Contract ends Aug 2004 then if I ask for the free refurbished Moto because my phone died then the contract will be extended till Sept 2004.

The Moto C333 isn't the greatest phone but it is OK for a backup. Just thought I'd let everyone know. If I wasn't clear about something just post and I'll give you the details.

redx2nv
09-03-2003, 09:09 PM
i dont care if its free, they are just giving out phones because the realize that they are the worst cell phone provider and that the phones last only a year with shitty ass reception..

<--- Signed in a 2 year plan and was the biggest mistake i ever made, telus on the other hand is my new excellent provider. :bigpimp:

SoSlowDx
09-03-2003, 09:51 PM
Rogers isn't bad I hate Telus

RX-7_TWINTURBO
09-03-2003, 10:21 PM
bell is the shiznit !

roopi
09-03-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by redx2nv
i dont care if its free, they are just giving out phones because the realize that they are the worst cell phone provider and that the phones last only a year with shitty ass reception..

&lt;--- Signed in a 2 year plan and was the biggest mistake i ever made, telus on the other hand is my new excellent provider. :bigpimp:

Well if you still have more than a year left on your contract you might as well call them and tell them your phone is damaged and you want a refurbished C333 sent out for free. Your contract won't be extended any longer since you already have a year left and even if you don't want the C333 you can sell it for $50 and go get drunk!

RX-7_TWINTURBO
09-03-2003, 10:48 PM
i think we stock refurbished nokia 3390's for the same thing
we can also give them away with a new activation

xkon
09-03-2003, 10:51 PM
guess ill be getting a new phone, need a backup!

thanks, i love rogers, TELUS SUCKS!

roopi
09-03-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by RX-7_TWINTURBO
i think we stock refurbished nokia 3390's for the same thing
we can also give them away with a new activation

THe only GSM phone that Rogers is offering on this promotion is the Moto C333. The rest are TDMA phones. Unless your store is doing this on there own.

In my opinion its not worth it on a new activation or even if your contract gets extended by a year since the phone is not worth more than $50 and it isn't the highest quality phone out there.

Fluidic
09-03-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by xkon
guess ill be getting a new phone, need a backup!

thanks, i love rogers, TELUS SUCKS!

Ditto -- 7yr user/contract holder and loving it! :D

GTS Jeff
09-04-2003, 12:39 PM
why do u ppl love rogers? what makes u love the nonexistant coverage, the crappy phones, the horrible customer service, and the gimmick plans that rogers has to con you into going with them?

roopi
09-04-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
why do u ppl love rogers? what makes u love the nonexistant coverage, the crappy phones, the horrible customer service, and the gimmick plans that rogers has to con you into going with them?

Don't tell me you are a Telus/Bell customer and you think that they have better phones than Rogers/Fido?

The reason I LIKE Rogers/Fido over Telus/Bell is because they operate on GSM so this allows me to use any GSM phone I want and lets me travel worldwide with it and easily obtain local numbers without paying $5.00/min in roaming fees.

Ajay
09-04-2003, 12:50 PM

I'm with you on that one. Telus is the best in western Canada in term's of coverage but Roger's does have the better phones.

Telus puts more time and money into expanding and bettering their network while Rogers puts their money in bringing out the newest and greatest phones. What good is that phone if you're gonna get shit coverage and it's not gonna work for you anyway? Turns into a pretty nice paperweight!

Weapon_R
09-04-2003, 11:18 PM
I got mine today! It works. Should be here in about a week

Streets-Smoker
09-06-2003, 11:07 AM
that deal is crap .... seriously.. i have the moto c333, this is smallest piece of crap every made not only is the battery life shitty the reception is even worse . dont be a dummy like me and sign any contracts with rogers its only a waste of money . well thats my two cents .:banghead:

roopi
09-06-2003, 01:46 PM
Actually if you read it you are getting a free phone without signing/extending your contract. I said this is for people who already have a contract with more than 1 year remaining on it.

If you feel getting a free phone for doing nothing is crap then I guess this is crap. :dunno:

Weapon_R
09-06-2003, 01:54 PM
You have nothing to lose. Use it as a frisbie, whatever. It takes 10 secnds. I don't see how getting a free phone for 10 second call is crap either

roopi
09-06-2003, 08:13 PM
Well don't bother calling anymore they are out of stock on the C333 now so no more GSM. They still have some TDMA's though.

Looks like me and Weapon_R got us each a free phone! :D

GTS Jeff
09-07-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by roopi

Don't tell me you are a Telus/Bell customer and you think that they have better phones than Rogers/Fido?

The reason I LIKE Rogers/Fido over Telus/Bell is because they operate on GSM so this allows me to use any GSM phone I want and lets me travel worldwide with it and easily obtain local numbers without paying $5.00/min in roaming fees. lol i know that telus/bell doesnt have the best selection of phones, but then again, neither does rogers. half the phones they advertise are the big old tdma refurb phones, or the big and quite ugly nokias (why are nokias so damn big anyway?), or the budget moto phones...even their flagship phone the t720 has major issues with software, is ugly, and has poor build quality. the only phone they have that isnt utter crap is the v60, which is like 39 years old.

true, rogers uses a gsm network (with shitty coverage ill add)...and as such u can travel worldwide with a gsm phone. but for 99% of th population, that isnt a big deal anyway. besides, all the rogers phones are locked anyways, preventing them from being used on other carriers.

i like telus/bell because they have better coverage and better customer service (well maybe not bell).

Weapon_R
09-07-2003, 07:25 PM
Well don't bother calling anymore they are out of stock on the C333 now so no more GSM. They still have some TDMA's though.

Looks like me and Weapon_R got us each a free phone! :D

:thumbsup:

Roopi: Do you know what TDMAs are left?

88CRX
09-07-2003, 07:27 PM

i like telus/bell because they have better coverage and better customer service (well maybe not bell).

i agree.... and i own a moto c333 and it sucks so much ass

reception:thumbsdow
c333 phone:thumbsdow

Streets-Smoker
09-07-2003, 08:52 PM
first of all u do have to pay for the phone cuz of the activation and all the lil mumbo jumbo fine print costs which comes out around 80 bucks or soo but then they return your money on your first bill. second of all the phone isnt free if u decide to break the contract ( WHICH YOU HAVE TO SIGN WHEN YOU ARE A NEW CUSTOMER TO ROGERS WHEN BUYING CRAP ASS PHONES i.e moto c333 ). :eek:

moto c333 :thumbsdow
reception :thumbsdow
rogers service :thumbsdow

roopi
09-07-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Streets-Smoker
first of all u do have to pay for the phone cuz of the activation and all the lil mumbo jumbo fine print costs which comes out around 80 bucks or soo but then they return your money on your first bill. second of all the phone isnt free if u decide to break the contract ( WHICH YOU HAVE TO SIGN WHEN YOU ARE A NEW CUSTOMER TO ROGERS WHEN BUYING CRAP ASS PHONES i.e moto c333 ). :eek:

Did you even bother reading what we are talking about??? I'm not some jerkoff who seen an ad in the paper that says free phone and I ran straight to the store and signed myself and all my family members and friends up. Read before you decide to respond.

Weapon_R - Sorry I'm not to sure what TDMA's are left. I'll try and find out for you though.

xkon
09-08-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Fluidic Digital

Ditto -- 7yr user/contract holder and loving it! :D

This is my 8th year... i started with the motorola microtac PIMP phone!

Ive been with rogers a long time, and I switched to Telus last year (work) and their C/S was WAYYY worse than rogers... I had to pay someone to take that contract and I swore I would NEVER go to telus again... overpriced service, overrated coverage, and shitty c/s... rogers gives me a new phone every 12 months and my bill is rarely over $50/ month with heavy usage... the equivalent Telus usage with the same features was $120+/month!!

Rogers C/S has ALWAYS given me what I asked for, sometimes they may screw up, (overcharge, etc) but at least unlike Telus they fix it and credit it with a few free months free instead of saying "sorry, theres nothing we can do, that billing cycle has passed"

the Rogers hating must stop! The coverage isnt that bad, ive been all over rural alberta with a both a rogers and a telus phone, and rogers at least goes to VM when your not available, instead of telus with their fake rings!

Did you even bother reading what we are talking about??? I'm not some jerkoff who seen an ad in the paper that says free phone and I ran straight to the store and signed myself and all my family members and friends up. Read before you decide to respond.

HAHA true... I dont know why they advertise games so heavily, what adult would use them??

Streets-Smoker
09-08-2003, 10:32 AM
i guess it all depends on the person cuz rogers keeps fuckin me over on my bill and chargin me more than its supposed to. and yes i did read the contract and no im not a jerkoff but u obviously are for callin me one. for your information i saw the phone 1 week before it actually went up for sale last year and i liked it cuz it was small not like my other nokia. sooo roopi go f*** yourself

roopi
09-08-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Streets-Smoker
i guess it all depends on the person cuz rogers keeps fuckin me over on my bill and chargin me more than its supposed to. and yes i did read the contract and no im not a jerkoff but u obviously are for callin me one. for your information i saw the phone 1 week before it actually went up for sale last year and i liked it cuz it was small not like my other nokia. sooo roopi go f*** yourself

Ok then buddy. It looks like you still can't read. I never called you a jerkoff now did I? I don't think you realize what we are talking about still. We aren't talking about signing a contract to get a free C333. This is for current Rogers subscribers who have more than 1 year left on their contract. It only benefits them.

GTS Jeff
09-09-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by xkon
my bill is rarely over $50/ month with heavy usage... the equivalent Telus usage with the same features was $120+/month!! hmm what plan would that be?