PDA

View Full Version : WTB: AMC Eagle?? Winter vehicle

Ekliptix
09-03-2003, 09:32 PM
I'm really considering an AMC Eagle as a winter vehicle.

I know they're ugly but they'd be great in the winter (4x4 + good ground clearance + inline 6).

The problem is that they're very hard to find for sale, so if anyone sees one available, please let me know. :)

If you have any other suggestions for a winter vehicle, please tell me.

I'm trying to avoid hondas this time because the snow gets a little deep out here and I'd prefer awd/4x4

Thanks

Ekliptix
09-04-2003, 11:17 AM
or an older subie under $2000

Speed_Dreams
09-04-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
or an older subie under $2000

Dude you gotta get a Justy!!!! those things are kick ass!!!

92 Teg-B18A
09-04-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Speed_Dreams

Dude you gotta get a Justy!!!! those things are kick ass!!!
:werd:

Ekliptix
09-04-2003, 07:14 PM
are they AWD and easy to find?

thanks

dogstar
09-04-2003, 09:55 PM
justys are practically jumping outa the 5000 and under trader up here in edmonton.

there are also shit loads of them in the junkyards with rearend damage cause theyre small and light and stop very well in snow... and the half ton trucks that always follow small cars too closely cant stop real well.

Spenser
09-05-2003, 08:04 AM
for 2 years i wanted one, for a custom lift project, they really have some potential. Eagles are fucking hard to find, they goble gas like a semi..........4.2 liter makes only 110 horsepower and 215 ft pounds of tork. the manual is rare as hell, and the automatics rob all the power, unless you want to get a car that you are going to work on don't get one,

Justys are the best, 4 door, light as hell, nice air conditioning, and plus you got a whole three cylenders for power. shift on the shifter four wheel drive too.

just get a toyota tercel 4wd, although they are but ugly, they chew and they got good gas milage+reliability.

Ekliptix
09-05-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Spenser
just get a toyota tercel 4wd, although they are but ugly, they chew and they got good gas milage+reliability.

I've never heard of an awd tercel.

there are a lot of cherokee 4x4s out there too.