PDA

View Full Version : rogers pay as u go

SprayGUN
07-28-2008, 06:00 PM
im getting a rogers blackberry pearl for free, and want to go on pay as you go.

i also have a spare simcard. will i be able to go onto pay as you go with this phone and sim card?

PINOY-X
07-28-2008, 06:01 PM
yes. just call them and get them to set it up.

SprayGUN
07-28-2008, 06:03 PM
wicked!!! $10 for 2500 texts woot

i want to get an unlimited browsing package too so i can surf the net but dont know if they got it

Grogador
07-28-2008, 06:28 PM
lots of stuff isn't available for pay as you go, like MMS and data... maybe on the more expensive monthly ones... they really want you to go on contract, it is a lot cheaper for them to rape err track you as a customer... why not just get a contract? 1yr even... el cheap.

toyboy88
07-28-2008, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by SprayGUN
wicked!!! $10 for 2500 texts woot

i want to get an unlimited browsing package too so i can surf the net but dont know if they got it

All pay as you go SIM cards/account are pay-per-use for data ($0.05/kb).

And also "unlimited browsing" is not available on a Blackberry even on a monthly plan. Only non-PDA type phones.

SprayGUN
07-31-2008, 04:26 PM
Please review items highlighted in red and make any necessary changes
The IMEI/SIM you entered is not eligible for Pay As You Go activation. If you have any questions, please call our customer service department at 1-866-594-9456.

I went to the rogers store and they told me to just buy a new phone!!!

So apparantly I can't use a blackberry on pay as you go, which is fucking dumb considering its just a phone?

SkittleFreak
07-31-2008, 04:31 PM
I used a blackberry on pay as you go. I don't understand why you cant?

It's just the sim card you are activating on a plan, not the phone.

SprayGUN
07-31-2008, 04:37 PM
Yeah thats what I thought!!! I can't activate it wont let me. :(

SprayGUN
07-31-2008, 05:20 PM
Well I called rogers and they basically said "no blackberry pay as you go" and hung up. WTF? They won't even offer to HELP me get connected to pay as you go.

This is bullshit.

Grogador
07-31-2008, 05:22 PM
Your "spare sim card" is useless, go buy a simcard at the rogers store for $20, load it up with minutes and stick it into your unlocked Crackberry

they won't even know what kind of phone you're using, as long as the sim card is active and has minutes

toyboy88
07-31-2008, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by SprayGUN
Well I called rogers and they basically said "no blackberry pay as you go" and hung up. WTF? They won't even offer to HELP me get connected to pay as you go.

This is bullshit.

To use a blackberry on pay as you go, you have to have an already activated SIM under another phone, then just swap the activated SIM from a rogers phone to your pearl.