PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Company Logo *Contest*

project240
07-28-2008, 09:28 PM
Hi Guys,

I've been working in Carpentry for a number of years and I'm have been thinking and planning to open my own small business. The focus of the business is mainly residential home repairs and upgrades: Basically a Handyman business in a sense (repairs) combined with Smaller Renos such as Tile, Hardwood Flooring, Carpentry, Landscaping.

I do have some small business background and am fortunate to have a brother and close friend with Business degrees to help me on that end.

Anyways, I"m having some difficulty coming up with a design or logo for the company.

Company Name is STERLING REPAIRS AND HOME IMPROVEMENT. I'd like to incorporate a Star/Diamond Design including the S to be the First letter as well as logo.

I'm going to post a few images I've found which I sort of liked the look. I'm not stuck on using any one of these, just ideas.

TomcoPDR
07-28-2008, 10:17 PM
http://www.sriramkrishnan.com/blog/images/superman_emblem.jpg

PM me for my paypal account, I'll take the hit on transcation fee. Thx

Kloubek
07-29-2008, 08:42 AM
Yeah - use the Star of David. That'll get the Jews calling. :)

Seriously - if you want a professional design, pm me. I do this kind of stuff.

project240
07-29-2008, 08:50 AM
Any serious replies? Obviously as stated, the pictures are just some that I like for a start... something to work from.

I know there are a lot of creative people on here... let's see what you guys got...

project240
07-29-2008, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek

Seriously - if you want a professional design, pm me. I do this kind of stuff.

Pm'd

project240
07-29-2008, 06:35 PM
Anybody?? If not, can anybody recommend a good graphic designer?

van
07-29-2008, 08:44 PM
If you want a good job done you probably need to spend a little more money that $100.00 -- this is afterall, the foundation and structure of your soon-to-be business. Everything that you stand for has to be alotted in your logo. You should probably take a little more time to understand all that and then look for a designer.

I can talk to you about it further if you wish, of course, free on my end :)

Also,

I'd recommend getting a logo done, business card and maybe a letterhead if you need it. Most likely though just a logo and a business card.

You'll want to have some different logos to choose from as well. Like, for example you can get 4 logos made for the price of one, plus two revisions to two logos you choose of the four. From that you get a business card template made up. And of course finally, all the ownership of the logos, templates all put on a cd and exported in different media types to allow you to print on any medium.

Again,

If you want to know more just PM me, lots of guys on here can vouch for me.

project240
07-29-2008, 09:53 PM
It's not that I'm trying to spend very little, I just know there are a lot of talented, creative people on here, many of them younger so I thought I would give a few of them an opportunity to come up with some ideas before going with a professional service.

I'll pm you if I don't see anything I like and maybe we can talk more, but I'd really like to use one a member creates.

project240
07-29-2008, 09:54 PM
Either way, I'll still pm you about business cards and letterheads/invoices. Thanks

A790
07-29-2008, 10:36 PM
Go to www.sitepoint.com and hold this same contest. You'll get dozens of entrants.

SprayGUN
07-29-2008, 10:43 PM
Werd. I made thousands off of sitepoint a couple years ago when I was into logos and all that crap!

project240
08-05-2008, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by A790
Go to www.sitepoint.com and hold this same contest. You'll get dozens of entrants.

Thanks very much! I received an incredible amount of logo designs and am very happy with my final choice.

A790
08-07-2008, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by project240

Thanks very much! I received an incredible amount of logo designs and am very happy with my final choice.
Glad I could help :)