PDA

View Full Version : I need a couple of suits altered. Who can help?

ricosuave
07-28-2008, 09:56 PM
Ive got 2 suits I need altered, and preferably, before Friday. If it matters, one suit needs a jacket taken in, and on the other, pants let out...

Anyway, if you have any recommendations for quick, quality service for a fair price, I'd love to hear your recommendations...

Thanks.

Amysicle
07-28-2008, 10:22 PM
My friend swears by a seamtress located near Tuxedo just off of Centre street and 16-40th ave N. Very quick and good. Let me see if I can get the name of the place off of her.

ricosuave
07-28-2008, 10:24 PM
^ please do! I am right near there!

ZorroAMG
07-29-2008, 12:33 AM
Any of the high end shops do tailoring too like Henry Singer, Harry Balls, Holts etc...it's not much to tailor a suit, maybe 30-50$

gt35r
07-29-2008, 12:45 AM
275-8097
ask for kate
by far the best price and the best work

ricosuave
07-29-2008, 03:52 PM
thanks to all, ended up going to anna's alterations in oakridge from another recommendation because she could get em done by thursday...

amy, i'd still like to get the name you have.

n1zm0
07-29-2008, 04:35 PM
any tailor in chinatown, amazing quality work (your armani suit was probably made a relative in China, i kid, horrible joke)
but i would be careful because of the language barrier of some, you might not get what you want

G-Suede
07-29-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Any of the high end shops do tailoring too like Henry Singer, Harry Balls, Holts etc...it's not much to tailor a suit, maybe 30-50$

Sure they do, if you purchased the suit from them. If not then good luck, and be prepared to be at the back of the line.

gmoney82
07-30-2008, 09:44 AM
any other recommendations? i just bought a suit too and need the jacket taken in a bit along with sleeves and pant alterations

how much should i expect to pay for a good quality job? i heard it has to do with quality of material and the extent of alterations

Pacman
07-30-2008, 09:56 AM
It all depends on what needs to get done.

If pants are only coming in a couple of inches in the waist, bottoms and shorten the sleeves, it shouldn't cost too much.

If the pants need to come in more than 2.5 to 3 inches, then the pants will have to be re-cut, and that will be expensive. If it's not expensive, then watch out, because the tailor will do a crappy job and your pants will look like shit. If they claim the pants don't need to be re-cut, then your back pockets will be too close together in the back and you will look like a clown.

I gave up on buying off the rack suits, as I need a 46 tall jacket, but my waist size is a 35 and the pants with a 46 are a 40 waist. The pants never looked right, regardless of how good the tailor was working on them.

Now, I just get the suits custom made and the price is reasonable....the fit is almost perfect.

gmoney82
07-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Pacman
It all depends on what needs to get done.

If pants are only coming in a couple of inches in the waist, bottoms and shorten the sleeves, it shouldn't cost too much.

If the pants need to come in more than 2.5 to 3 inches, then the pants will have to be re-cut, and that will be expensive. If it's not expensive, then watch out, because the tailor will do a crappy job and your pants will look like shit. If they claim the pants don't need to be re-cut, then your back pockets will be too close together in the back and you will look like a clown.

I gave up on buying off the rack suits, as I need a 46 tall jacket, but my waist size is a 35 and the pants with a 46 are a 40 waist. The pants never looked right, regardless of how good the tailor was working on them.

Now, I just get the suits custom made and the price is reasonable....the fit is almost perfect.

I got lucky at nordstroms sale this weekend and bought a nice suit off the rack that only needs slight alterations. The jacket as always needs to be pulled in, the pants let out slightly and the regular hem/sleeve alterations...