PDA

View Full Version : Spotted: Evolution MR

Doozer
07-30-2008, 02:34 PM
I'm not sure how common these are, but it's the first one I've seen, and it looked hot. Not sure which generation Evo it is; just said "Evolution MR" on it. It seems like the MR has been available in North America since '05, so it could be any one of the last few Evos? Anyone know more?

Sorry for the lousy pictures; it's about time for a new camera phone!

http://www.doozersden.com/July2008/MR_1.jpeg

http://www.doozersden.com/July2008/MR_2.jpeg

schocker
07-30-2008, 02:34 PM
that is an evo x

al-ti2d
07-30-2008, 02:38 PM
^ :werd:

this is an Evo MR:
http://www.jasononcars.com/CarPhotos/2006-Mitsubishi-Lancer-Evolution-MR.jpg

Doozer
07-30-2008, 02:39 PM
I thought it might be an X ... it's got all the right styling cues, but I wasn't 100%. But it's definitely an MR.

The Evo X does come in MR badging...

teg_boya
07-30-2008, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by al-ti2d

this is an Evo MR:

thats a IX

snowboard
07-30-2008, 02:40 PM

this is an Evo MR:

um the evo x comes in the MR trim also.

al-ti2d
07-30-2008, 02:41 PM
oh sorry guys.. haha
post has been edited. i didn't know the x's came in MR
shows how much i actually know about mitsubishi :nut:

bulaian
07-30-2008, 02:43 PM
evo 8 also came with an MR trim

snowboard
07-30-2008, 02:44 PM
oh sorry guys.. haha
post has been edited. i didn't know the x's came in MR
shows how much i actually know about mitsubishi :nut:

whatevss braaaaaa
MR is just like a step up from a regular EVO
easy to get confused with them

Ferio_vti
07-30-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by snowboard

whatevss braaaaaa
MR is just like a step up from a regular EVO
easy to get confused with them \

Just a step up?? 6-speed TC-SST transmission. Suspension with Eibach springs and BILSTEIN struts. 18-inch BBS forged alloy wheels. Xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps. Color-keyed large rear spoiler. Leather and sueded seating. Electronic keyless entry and starting system. Steering wheel-mounted audio controls. Bluetooth hands-free cellular phone interface system with voice recognition.

I'd say an MR is significantly different

CivicDXR
07-30-2008, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
\

Just a step up?? 6-speed TC-SST transmission. Suspension with Eibach springs and BILSTEIN struts. 18-inch BBS forged alloy wheels. Xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps. Color-keyed large rear spoiler. Leather and sueded seating. Electronic keyless entry and starting system. Steering wheel-mounted audio controls. Bluetooth hands-free cellular phone interface system with voice recognition.

sounds like a step up to me... like stepping up from an Integra GSR to an ITR...

The Cosworth
07-30-2008, 03:04 PM
\

jumped on him mighty fast didnt you? what do you own one?

Yes the MR just came out the last couple of weeks, that is across the street from my office, you can see it in the first photo and I have seen at least two with different colors this week. This is the first year that mitusbishi will be selling them as a canadian car. Yes you can now import the 8 and 9 MR's but they are still US Spec.

Personally dont see what all the fuss is about, especially now that you can get the 8 and 9s for 20 or 30 grand less

snowboard
07-30-2008, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by CivicDXR

sounds like a step up to me... like stepping up from an Integra GSR to an ITR...

lol thats exactly what i thought.
It's the next model up, being a step up, weather it be a huge step or small a step, its still a step, its not like a gradual slope up, but a sharp step, with an edge, and a flat part on top, i guess its the last step too, since its the highest, so in truth it could be called a cap, comma,.

Doozer
07-30-2008, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by The Cosworth
that is across the street from my office, you can see it in the first photo Ha, you're over the Starbucks? I've always wondered what's up there. The car was sitting outside the front doors of my building when I took the picture; my office window is a few stories straight up from the car, overlooking the lovely demolition they're doing to the school.

Chester
07-30-2008, 03:30 PM

lol thats exactly what i thought.
It's the next model up, being a step up, weather it be a huge step or small a step, its still a step, its not like a gradual slope up, but a sharp step, with an edge, and a flat part on top, i guess its the last step too, since its the highest, so in truth it could be called a cap, comma,.

LOL sounds like something I would write out when I'm baked:rofl:

Euro_Trash
07-30-2008, 03:34 PM

Personally dont see what all the fuss is about, especially now that you can get the 8 and 9s for 20 or 30 grand less

The big fuss for me would be the transmission

The Cosworth
07-30-2008, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Euro_Trash

The big fuss for me would be the transmission

oh agree it is a sweet tranny but ~$15,000 premium (with other stuff obviously)

I dunno

Originally posted by Doozer
Ha, you're over the Starbucks? I've always wondered what's up there. The car was sitting outside the front doors of my building when I took the picture; my office window is a few stories straight up from the car, overlooking the lovely demolition they're doing to the school.

Whoops, I am one building/block over to that. I just saw the courthouse being reno'd and assumed it was parked near the same spot. Sorry bout that, as for that building I dont know but I think that is just random small offices.

Doozer
07-30-2008, 04:35 PM

I just saw the courthouse being reno'd Nope, nowhere near the courthouse. Must've gotten our construction zones crossed!

Drunkn_masta
07-30-2008, 04:43 PM
\

Do you work at mitsubishi? Stop trying to make a sale. next to the transmission and suspension, those are just minor asthetics.

Spoons
07-30-2008, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Drunkn_masta

Do you work at mitsubishi? Stop trying to make a sale. next to the transmission and suspension, those are just minor asthetics.

What are you talking about. He was stating the differences, by no means was he trying to sell shit.

A790
07-31-2008, 03:31 PM
I wonder if Calgary is going to get flooded with Evo's now that they're so easily imported.

Eleanor
07-31-2008, 03:38 PM
One of the guys I work with has a black X MR, it's a beast :D

Canmorite
07-31-2008, 05:59 PM

:rofl:

4DoorGTZ
07-31-2008, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by A790
I wonder if Calgary is going to get flooded with Evo's now that they're so easily imported.

I was wondering the same, since the govt changed the bumper law to match the US law... in turn removing the only thing that blocked the import of that car (evo 8/9) I just wonder if they're smart enough to apply the changed law to now allow the older evo's?

heavyD
07-31-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Drunkn_masta

So HID, BBS wheels, Leather, Fast Key, Bluetooth are just aesthetics? That shit isn't cheap and fully warrants the additional pricing it's just that Mitsubishi Canada hasn't priced the Canadian versions competitively compared to US pricing.

The EVO X MR is is a bargain when you look at that it can hang with the BMW M3 and certainly not embarrass itself against super cars that cost twice as much or more:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=31&article_id=6942

Also there was a misleading statement about EVO IX's to be $15 to $20 grand cheaper than an X in the US. If you price out EVO IX MR's in the US they range from $26 - 35K US while you can get a new US EVO X GSR for 32K brand new. Regular EVO IX's still go for no less than $20K. You can get the EVO VIII's for cheaper but they are missing key items like MIVEC, better turbo, & S-AYC.

The Cosworth
08-01-2008, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

Also there was a misleading statement about EVO IX's to be $15 to $20 grand cheaper than an X in the US. If you price out EVO IX MR's in the US they range from $26 - 35K US while you can get a new US EVO X GSR for 32K brand new. Regular EVO IX's still go for no less than $20K. You can get the EVO VIII's for cheaper but they are missing key items like MIVEC, better turbo, & S-AYC.

Evo X GSR is $41,498.00 in canada (source: http://www.mitsubishi-motors.ca/Home.aspx) and as far as I know they are not admissible into canada so US pricing doesnt count.

So i think my statement stands

heavyD
08-01-2008, 12:03 PM

Evo X GSR is $41,498.00 in canada (source: http://www.mitsubishi-motors.ca/Home.aspx) and as far as I know they are not admissible into canada so US pricing doesnt count.

So i think my statement stands

US EVO X's are admissable in Canada so my statement stands.:thumbsup: The only deterrent is no warranty but you don't get it with IX's or VII's either so it's a wash.

The Cosworth
08-01-2008, 12:05 PM
^^ I didnt think they passed the immobilizer standards.

My mistake :D

heavyD
08-01-2008, 12:09 PM
^^ I didnt think they passed the immobilizer standards.

My mistake :D

Ya. Some Canadian dealerships are bringing in used US X's and selling them for almost new Canadian EVO X pricing lol:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=359886