PDA

View Full Version : South Centre Fine Car's rant

justadude
07-30-2008, 06:04 PM
Got to love getting your Boxster inspected at the authorized Porsche dealership and hearing your brakes need replacing even though they were done one month before by me personally.

So here's how it works, Boxster's have a little warning light when your pad's wear low, I ordered and replaced them myself (did a might fine job at it I think). One of the waer sensors where broken during this so unfortunately the warning will stay on. Not a big deal since I know all is good. Funny though when I bring it in there is an unknown engine leak all of a sudden which I am pretty sure was never there but top it off they said I need a brake job as the pads are worn out. DIRT BAGS NEVER EVEN VISUALLY INSPECTED THE BRAKES!!!! Now I have this phantom leak which may be a problem and I can't go back to these clowns as I sure as heck won't trust them now, ARGGG!!!!!

This really p.o's me! I can't believe they would do the typical red-neck rip-off to a repeat customer who maintains their car regularly there. South Centre Fine Car's of Calgary, shame on you!

San Dimas high school football rules!
oh and
TourqueDog you are a clown.

Crymson
07-30-2008, 06:14 PM
The only guy in town i trust is Jim at Option Import and tire.

nbaker00
07-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Should of bought your Boxster from me

Who have you been dealing with @ SCFC?

Tik-Tok
07-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by justadude
Got to love getting your Boxster inspected at the authorized Porsche dealership and hearing your brakes need replacing even though they were done one month before by me personally.

So here's how it works, Boxster's have a little warning light when your pad's wear low, I ordered and replaced them myself (did a might fine job at it I think). One of the waer sensors where broken during this so unfortunately the warning will stay on.

You broke a sensor, and you think you did a fine job? Would you think South Center did a fine job if they broke the sensor and the light was on all the time?

Just deal with it until your "GTR" arrives.

TorqueDog
07-30-2008, 07:55 PM
This is the most insipid tripe I've ever read.

Your sensor was broken so the computer was indicating to them that there was a fault code relating to the brakes. Once they actually got under the car and inspected them, they'd soon see that the brakes were nearly brand new and that the sensor was what needed replacing.

Now, if you'd said "Okay, service the car" and they went, replaced your 'brand new brakes' and charged you for new brakes, you'd have every reason in the world to be upset because you knew that wasn't actually the problem.

You just sound like an unreasonable douche to me.

CUG
07-30-2008, 08:00 PM
Ahhh... the notorious South Center... Mr. Fine... yeah, if that's the only porsche place in town... you're fucked.

I hear Lone Star and Hyatt are the same way with the benz'

CalgarySS
07-30-2008, 10:28 PM
I would consider yourself lucky if this is what you think of as a bad experience.

finboy
07-30-2008, 10:32 PM
wat

bobby_lu
07-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by nbaker00
Should of bought your Boxster from me

how would that have helped his brake situation?

Cody D
07-31-2008, 12:49 AM
If you're having trouble with SCFC, go to Riegel Tuning or Alpine Autowerks. I really like the guys at Riegel and have had a fair bit of work done there, whatever I can't do myself. One of the guys in our Porsche group had a 3.4L 911 engine put in his Boxster at Alpine and the car runs great.

max_boost
07-31-2008, 01:03 AM
I'm hesitant every time I bring my car into the dealership for service. Unless it's warranty related or the car has to be serviced by them, I will not take it to them!

Jlude
07-31-2008, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by CalgarySS
I would consider yourself lucky if this is what you think of as a bad experience.

No shit eh.

Eleanor
07-31-2008, 09:39 AM
Ban +1

stratusdodge
07-31-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by bobby_lu

how would that have helped his brake situation?

Duh....well he wouldn't have gotten screwed on the brake job maybe? Just maybe? Is this getting through?

Tik-Tok
07-31-2008, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by stratusdodge

Duh....well he wouldn't have gotten screwed on the brake job maybe? Just maybe? Is this getting through?

For a moment, when I saw you posted in here, I thought you were going to tell him he's better off buying a Cirrus :rofl:

stratusdodge
07-31-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

For a moment, when I saw you posted in here, I thought you were going to tell him he's better off buying a Cirrus :rofl:

Yes, that would be a grand solution to the problem he is having. The cirrus is well known and maintence is a snap. So why not get rid of that old clanker you have now and trade it in for a cirrus?

Kavy
07-31-2008, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by stratusdodge

Yes, that would be a grand solution to the problem he is having. The cirrus is well known and maintence is a snap. So why not get rid of that old clanker you have now and trade it in for a cirrus?

Because he doesn't work at taco bell.

stratusdodge
07-31-2008, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Kavy

Because he doesn't work at taco bell.

The lady at taco bell drives a ford festiva.

Eleanor
07-31-2008, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

:clap: :rofl: