PDA

View Full Version : Nissan GTR - CARnage!!!!

justadude
07-30-2008, 06:42 PM
PUN INTENDED

YOU GOTTA READ THIS, TRUST ME!!!!!

OK, I decided to skid the Boxster and get this new monster car I am hypnotized over.

After reading and hearing about the super car status of the GTR I decided that I can afford one. it's only $81,900 MSRP. OK, not cheap but a fraction of a Lambo or whatever else would even hold a candle to it.

Anyway I phoned every dealer in Calgary last week and here is the crap and puke I had to hear:

Brasso Nissan - getting 8 cars and have a wait list of a few years, selling at $81,9.

Fish Creek - getting 3(i recall?) cars and have a pretty long list so no luck for a few years too. Selling at MSRP.

Stadium Nissan - getting 4-6ish but get this, no wait, get this...instead they are having a wine and cheese swaray in which you can come and bid on the car that evening. So instead of the well intent who called stadium up in '05 when the car was announced and would have liked to leave a deposit for the first one...nah, sorry not interested as my familly needs to go to Mexico ~FOR THE NEXT DECADE~ so have that money back and your welcome to come bid against the deep pockets there.

Oh I forgot to mention the salesman who told me about the auction night even told me that Nissan Canada recommended they do this...something along the lines of "to allow the people who weren't on the waiting list to get a chance at this car"...well I was late to get on the GTR wagon too but I still think the people who weren't should not have to bid on the car they certainly put deposits down on.

Sunridge Nissan - think they are getting 3 cars this year. Funny beacuse they are pulling a "Stadium". I called them twice this last week. The first call was a shock as the saleswoman said they will be auctioning the car; ala "Stadium". So after that I said thanks but nah. But me being the glutton to hear bad news called again a few days later and this time the salesman said something along..."sorry but only managers can discuss the sale of the GTR's, please leave your name and number" I did and never heard back but I think I left it before so they probably think I'm a stalker :confused: Leads me to believe they may have had a bit of a hand slap?

Anyway, I have since put a deposit down at three other dealers around Canada (hedging my bets!) and each one said they are going to not inflate the price and one even said that dealers who jack up the price or auction them or any of this crap will not get any GTR's the next year. WO-HO!!!! That means more cars to the dealers who are taking waiting lists and honoring the MSRP. Maybe I'll have one in 6 months now instead of 6 years :)

Kudo's to Brasson & Fish Creek since they seem to be above board. BOO to you Stadium Nissan & Sunridge Nissan. I hope your GTR's get pulled.

I'm tired, someone forward this to Nissan Canada so that we can stire this big messy puke stew pot :drama:

I may do a part two about the rest of the dealers across Canada. Oh yes the drama is not only in Calgary!

San Dimas high school football rules!
oh and
TourqueDog you are a clown.

Toms-SC
07-30-2008, 06:44 PM
wwaaatt

JRSC00LUDE
07-30-2008, 06:46 PM
WWAAAATT

TACO.VIDAL
07-30-2008, 06:46 PM
good post

mboldt
07-30-2008, 06:47 PM
Kay.

schocker
07-30-2008, 06:52 PM
lol wat:confused:

nightfx
07-30-2008, 07:05 PM
YAY!! :clap:

Redlyne_mr2
07-30-2008, 07:54 PM
Do we have any translators on the forum?

TorqueDog
07-30-2008, 08:01 PM
1. Your 'pun' was horrible.
2. How is this different than the release of any other highly anticipated specialty car? The Ford GT was being sold above MSRP by every dealer that could actually get their hands on one. Christ, even the 350Z was tough to get your hands on when it first came out... and I know, I worked for Nissan at the time. If Toyota brought back the Supra, you can bet it'd be the same story.

ZMan2k2
07-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Lemme give it a try.

Tightly wound OP is upset that when he called around to see about getting on a waiting list for the GTR. He found that at Brasso and Fish Creek Nissan, there is a list that means that there won't be an availability for quite some time. At Sunridge and Stadium Nissan, they will be holding a party where people will be able to bid on the cars that those dealers are getting.

In the end he says Brasso and Fish Creek :thumbsup: Stadium and Sunridge :thumbsdow

TorqueDog
07-30-2008, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by ZMan2k2
Lemme give it a try.

Tightly wound OP is upset that when he called around to see about getting on a waiting list for the GTR. He found that at Brasso and Fish Creek Nissan, there is a list that means that there won't be an availability for quite some time. At Sunridge and Stadium Nissan, they will be holding a party where people will be able to bid on the cars that those dealers are getting.

In the end he says Brasso and Fish Creek :thumbsup: Stadium and Sunridge :thumbsdow In essence, he likes the two dealers that are saying "There's a waiting list" (read as: tough luck, so bugger off Chachi), and he's hating on the two dealers who are actually saying "Yeah, if you wouldn't mind paying a little bit more, you could bid on one on X day at X time."

Strange isn't it. Maybe they should have all told him there was a list instead; then he'd be guaranteed to have no chance of getting one.

mark4091
07-30-2008, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
In essence, he likes the two dealers that are saying "There's a waiting list" (read as: tough luck, so bugger off Chachi), and he's hating on the two dealers who are actually saying "Yeah, if you wouldn't mind paying a little bit more, you could bid on one on X day at X time."

Strange isn't it. Maybe they should have all told him there was a list instead; then he'd be guaranteed to have no chance of getting one.

:werd: You're doing it wrong.

You gotta pay to play.

finboy
07-30-2008, 09:24 PM
http://xs220.xs.to/xs220/07423/Lol_wut_pack.jpg

C4S
07-30-2008, 10:18 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

Can I call this "repost" ??

That is so funny ..

OK .. so .. anyway . he is telling us .. he will buy a $80K car .. if he can ..

I can say I want to buy a new Carrera GT .. but .. oh . they don't build it anymore .. so I can't .. :rofl:

I am also one of the thousand of people .. will pay $82K for the GTR too .. but why would any Nissan dealership sells at that price?

Stunt66
07-30-2008, 10:40 PM
it starts again
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/218678/when-would-one-be-able-to-buy-a-new-gt-r/

it's funny that these losers try to make themselves look all baller and shit by postin about havin a hard time getting this car.:nut:

TurboD
07-30-2008, 10:47 PM
lol, you have 80k to spend on a car and you wont even call to dealerships outside of calgary.

ragu
07-30-2008, 10:55 PM
To the OP, if you can afford 80k why not spend a few more and go bid...

CK4500
07-30-2008, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by justadude
PUN INTENDED
YOU GOTTA READ THIS, TRUST ME!!!!!
I'm tired, someone forward this to Nissan Canada so that we can stire this big messy puke stew pot :drama:
Oh yes the drama is not only in Calgary!

:english:
If you can afford this car, it must be daddy's money, or you inherited it.

You certainly didn't earn the money after getting an education.
:dunno:

justadude
07-31-2008, 09:27 AM
I should have know a lot of you wouldn't be able to read anything beyond one paragraph. Someone will get something from this but it won't be you, go back to your dad's garage and bolt on some carbon fiber. losers

:thumbsdow

n1zm0
07-31-2008, 09:31 AM
i understood it all. can i get a ride if you ever get one? :D

Moe Man
07-31-2008, 09:43 AM
damn i have been trying to find my post from a while back, i believe i said this was going to happen. everyone was like oh its only a 80k car, ya right. your going to have to pay at least 100k to get this thing in your driveway.

now i will save this post and in time i will bring it back out and say I TOLD YOU SO! :thumbsup:

thats why a zo6 is better. i can go to CMP right now and own it tomorrow for 7k less then MRSP :rofl:

Stunt66
07-31-2008, 09:43 AM
you're a friggin joke dude. did you expect to just call a dealer and have them say please come in and buy this "monster car" because we can't sell them? This car has been known for awhile now and anyone with an 1/8 of a brain knows it's gonna be almost impossible to get the first year or two unless you were on a wait list. Don't be mad just because no one believes your bullshit post. It's pathetic when people have to go on the net and make shit up just to make themselves feel better.

rc2002
07-31-2008, 09:52 AM
Holy flaming central batman! Judging by the tone of his post, the OP sounds very young and probably just doesn't understand how the market works yet. MSRP means nothing if you're the first one to take delivery.

I actually found it interesting to see how many GTRs each dealership in town was getting.

rage2
07-31-2008, 10:54 AM
You guys in this thread are a bunch of idiots.

Originally posted by ZMan2k2
In the end he says Brasso and Fish Creek :thumbsup: Stadium and Sunridge :thumbsdow
If you think those 2 dealers are gonna sell them at MSRP, you're pretty fucking gullible. Nobody's gonan pay MSRP on them. They'll just go to the next guy if you're not willing to pay the $20,000 performance floor mats package.

Originally posted by ragu
To the OP, if you can afford 80k why not spend a few more and go bid...
I can easily afford a 80k car, and I wouldn't pay over. That's just throwing money away.

Honestly, if you want the car, Nissan WILL produce more of these after the first year. They're doing it to hype the car and it's obviously working. They're in a business to make money, and the GT-R is their money printer. After year 1, we'll start seeing good stock of these cars. At which point, reality will come in and depreciate the hell out of all the used ones. That's when I'll look for one.

syeve
07-31-2008, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
I actually found it interesting to see how many GTRs each dealership in town was getting.

Me too, I thought maybe 5-6 for the whole city? I would stilll be hesitant to grab the first run of these cars. I will wait for the 2010 model :)

Jlude
07-31-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by rage2
They'll just go to the next guy if you're not willing to pay the $20,000 performance floor mats package.

Yup... the mats are not an option. :rofl:

Crymson
07-31-2008, 11:30 AM
I'm still saying we're about to have a repeat of the mid 90's recession. In 2-3 years, these cars are going to be sitting on show room floors for years after their manufacture date with no one looking at them, as econobox's fly out the doors. Up until about 1993, manufactures were racing to produce the fastest, most expensive toy you could want, then BOOM, recession, no more market.

xrayvsn
07-31-2008, 12:05 PM
You guys in this thread are a bunch of idiots.

If you think those 2 dealers are gonna sell them at MSRP, you're pretty fucking gullible. Nobody's gonan pay MSRP on them. They'll just go to the next guy if you're not willing to pay the $20,000 performance floor mats package.

I can easily afford a 80k car, and I wouldn't pay over. That's just throwing money away.

Honestly, if you want the car, Nissan WILL produce more of these after the first year. They're doing it to hype the car and it's obviously working. They're in a business to make money, and the GT-R is their money printer. After year 1, we'll start seeing good stock of these cars. At which point, reality will come in and depreciate the hell out of all the used ones. That's when I'll look for one.

The $20,000 option at one of the BC dealerships is not floormats, but a Nissan VIP pen.

I'm with rage2, paying over MSRP for this car is foolish. I will likely wait it out and see if I can bring one in used (or new) from the US, where there are easily ten times more available GTR's to choose from, and where I don't have to deal with the tools at the local dealerships.

msommers
07-31-2008, 12:53 PM
On the bright side, I am excited to know that there will more than a handfull of GTRs in town soon :)

ragu
07-31-2008, 12:54 PM

Yes, obviously paying over MSRP is a waste of money. But there's a massive difference between you and those who would love to show off being the first ones to get their hands on it.
If the OP is desperate enough to call around to find one that obviously means he's trying to get his hands on one asap. IMO, a couple of years from today these cars would just be as cheap as any other hyped car; by that time another monster would be out.....

TorqueDog
07-31-2008, 06:46 PM
If you want to be the first, you gotta pony up the cash. And there are plenty of people who will do just that, even if it means exceeding MSRP.

C4S
07-31-2008, 06:59 PM
Same as Wii .. PS3 . .even iphone ..

When I got my Wii last oct .. ( when it came out? ) I could sell it for way more then I paid ..

Same as I phone .. when I got it last sept .. people offered me like $600 or even more .. ( I paid $299+tax from NY )

So ... demand and supply .. :rofl:

Moe Man
07-31-2008, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by xrayvsn

I'm with rage2, paying over MSRP for this car is foolish. I will likely wait it out and see if I can bring one in used (or new) from the US, where there are easily ten times more available GTR's to choose from, and where I don't have to deal with the tools at the local dealerships.

fine then wait 3 years and then pay 80k for one! that is just as foolish. your not going to get one for under that for a long time, by then the supra or something else will come out and be better than it anyway.

look at the GT500 it is still selling for more than MRSP, and it is nothing special now.

Jlude
07-31-2008, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Moe Man

fine then wait 3 years and then pay 80k for one! that is just as foolish. your not going to get one for under that for a long time, by then the supra or something else will come out and be better than it anyway.

look at the GT500 it is still selling for more than MRSP, and it is nothing special now.

The supra or LF-A if that's what you're referring to is gonna be well over a 100k when it comes out.

rmk
07-31-2008, 11:13 PM
pay to play dude

Commanderwiggin
07-31-2008, 11:31 PM
Way I see it, if you don't have the money for one, you shouldn't be buying one. CREDIT DOESN'T COUNT!! Just because you can afford the "credit" does not mean you can afford this car.

Again, Pay to Play

2EFNFAST
08-01-2008, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Crymson
I'm still saying we're about to have a repeat of the mid 90's recession. In 2-3 years, these cars are going to be sitting on show room floors for years after their manufacture date with no one looking at them, as econobox's fly out the doors. Up until about 1993, manufactures were racing to produce the fastest, most expensive toy you could want, then BOOM, recession, no more market.

Come on recession, I need to pick up some really cheap toys :thumbsup:

Jlude
08-01-2008, 02:21 AM
My friend called me today and said that either this weekend or next he gets his GTR from Brasso.

I'll ask him what he paid for it.

Dub'd86
08-01-2008, 09:35 AM
Suck it ip princess!!!!!
I guess you don't want a GTR anytime soon! With Sunridge and Stadium holding an auction you just may have a chance!
It kinda sounds to me you'd be braking the bank going that route tho... Or is it you have a down payment for and are hopeing to slide in there paying for this beast for the rest of your life?????

Anyways point being quite your bitching! If you want the car that bad get to the auction or suck it up... Make sure your pockets are as deep as you make them out to be...
I have on good authority there is already people offering well over $150,000 to get into one from Stadium. :drama:

Destinova403
08-01-2008, 09:40 AM
whats with all the hate on the OP... he never said the car was cheap, instead he said it was expensive and implied that he really needed work to be able to afford one.

that said, hes right. why would you pay over MSRP for a car like the GTR which will be cheap once the initial batch comes over? in the states they are selling for MSRP and because of the economy, they arent selling right away.

the OP had good information, and he was doing what i would expect everyone here to do, call around and try and find the best deal.

xrayvsn
08-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Destinova403
whats with all the hate on the OP... he never said the car was cheap, instead he said it was expensive and implied that he really needed work to be able to afford one.

that said, hes right. why would you pay over MSRP for a car like the GTR which will be cheap once the initial batch comes over? in the states they are selling for MSRP and because of the economy, they arent selling right away.

the OP had good information, and he was doing what i would expect everyone here to do, call around and try and find the best deal.

All the more reason to import one from the US after the hype dies down.