PDA

View Full Version : Help me find a movie

403Gemini
07-31-2008, 03:25 PM
A Euro movie came out not too long ago, it looked like london or a part of the UK was locked down due to a virus or something. Then it looks like a "civlization" "evolved" (I use those terms loosely) out of the rubble and they send in some chick and a special team to check out the sector.

It looks like mad max meets disctrict b13.

Is it out on DVD? I never saw it in theatres but it seemed interesting enough to keep my attention for 2 hours.

LadyTurbo
07-31-2008, 03:26 PM
Doomsday :thumbsup:

403Gemini
07-31-2008, 03:26 PM
lol done, awesome :D haha

Is it on dvd? was it good?

LadyTurbo
07-31-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm not sure if it's out yet... I d/led it. I liked it, but a lot of people think it's crap. I LOVE Mad Max/Tank Girl and any other apocalyptic type movies though. End of the world = win! Ya it's a bit corny, but meh. Rent it!

403Gemini
07-31-2008, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by LadyTurbo
I'm not sure if it's out yet... I d/led it. I liked it, but a lot of people think it's crap. I LOVE Mad Max/Tank Girl and any other apocalyptic type movies though. End of the world = win! Ya it's a bit corny, but meh. Rent it!

K so i'll love it.

Anything with an apocalyptic setting or zombies is a win movie to me

LadyTurbo
07-31-2008, 03:33 PM
Oh me too for sure!! Do you read at all? If so, I'm sure you've read the Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z. I'm just reading World War Z right now... I can't put it down! SOOOO well written. Like, wow.

Did you see Diary of the Dead? The new Romero one? Soooo disappointed. I mean, zombie movies don't usually come with high expectations, but this one just made me mad.

403Gemini
07-31-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by LadyTurbo
Oh me too for sure!! Do you read at all? If so, I'm sure you've read the Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z. I'm just reading World War Z right now... I can't put it down! SOOOO well written. Like, wow.

Did you see Diary of the Dead? The new Romero one? Soooo disappointed. I mean, zombie movies don't usually come with high expectations, but this one just made me mad.

Diary of the dead did leave me a bit disappointed. It was VERY cliche even for a Romero flick and what I couldnt stand was when the camera dude would see a zombie creeping up / attacking his friends he'd just stand there.

I know it was giong for a cloverfield-esque style... but they missed it by a long shot. It was hard to relate to any of the characters except for the black dudes at the compound lol.

I've read the zombie survival guide, i own world war z but havent read it yet, I just picked up book 1 of the dark tower series by stephen king and im going to get through those. Cowboy apocalypse, yee haw!

hrdkore
07-31-2008, 03:42 PM
man the actress in doomsday is hot

qbnb
07-31-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

I just picked up book 1 of the dark tower series by stephen king and im going to get through those. Cowboy apocalypse, yee haw!
Amazing series, I shot through all of them in less than a year. I have and will continue to recommend that series to anyone that likes King, apocalyptic scenarios, Cowboys, or even just good books.
:thumbsup:

403Gemini
07-31-2008, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by qbnb

Amazing series, I shot through all of them in less than a year. I have and will continue to recommend that series to anyone that likes King, apocalyptic scenarios, Cowboys, or even just good books.
:thumbsup:

I picked up gunslinger about a week ago and im well over half way through. I havent read a book this quickly in quite awhile

jus_sum_guy
07-31-2008, 04:18 PM
Comes out on the 5th. Looking forward to it

Kavy
08-02-2008, 05:33 PM
I got the dvd a few weeks ago, its not bad I was entertained

Like a mix of 28 weeks later(deadly virus lockdown zombies) and Underworld (leather outfits wire-fu) with some mad max thrown in.

shakalaka
08-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Wow these kinda movies are always the most entertaining one's for me as well. From the description at first I thought the op was talking about 28 weeks later. But I will be looking out for doomsday.

black13
08-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Loved this movie.

The best surprise out of the whole deal was the Bentley, haha so random but damn did it look sexy in this movie.