PDA

View Full Version : Contact Lenses : Price? Where? Brand?

naez
08-01-2008, 01:41 AM
Hey guys, I would like the input on all the people who wear contact lenses. To help me, and everyone else save money.

Please post where you buy your contacts, prices, and the brand of contacts you know are available.

Thanks

Here's my info.

I Buy them at : Lenscrafters
For how much ? $60 for 3 Pairs =S
What kind ? Acuvue Oasys - Plus I'm pretty sure they have them all.

toyboy88
08-01-2008, 01:45 AM
clearlycontacts.ca FTW :thumbsup:

E36M3
08-01-2008, 02:34 AM
1-800 Contact is also very good. 1800contacts.com

Godfuader
08-01-2008, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by E36M3
Seems like one of the better deals most of the time. Mailing to a Canadian address means you do not need to submit your prescription every order.

rc2002
08-01-2008, 09:11 AM
^ Do you get dinged on customs charges then?

nobb
08-01-2008, 09:41 AM
Justlenses.com

Focus Monthly. $20/box. Each box has 6 lenses and each lens lasts a month. I used to use the Acuvue Oasys, but the Focus Monthly is way cheaper and I cant feel a difference at all.

badatusrnames
08-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by toyboy88
clearlycontacts.ca FTW :thumbsup:

:werd: 100% They even give you a complimentary pair of shitty sunglasses! Shipping is quick too from BC.

naez
08-01-2008, 09:57 AM
thanks for the input.. do you guys know anywhere locally? my cousin in vancouver has this place that he goes to.. chinese owned.. and he gets a box of acuvue oasys for $25

toyboy88
08-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by naez
thanks for the input.. do you guys know anywhere locally? my cousin in vancouver has this place that he goes to.. chinese owned.. and he gets a box of acuvue oasys for $25

Well clearlycontacts.ca has free overnight (1 day) shipping if your order is over $99 CAD. No customs charges or anything either, plus it's way cheaper than a store would be.

:dunno:

funkedelic
08-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames

:werd: 100% They even give you a complimentary pair of shitty sunglasses! Shipping is quick too from BC.

hightly recommend clearlycontacts.ca

they will ship you out what you order without paying and once you recieve your order you can make payment then.

Huge selection and best prices i have seen in stores or online! Fast shipping too, next day or 2 days tops.

saiyajin
08-01-2008, 06:38 PM
how do you get your contact lens prescription??

lenscrafter usually gives me a printout of my prescription of regular glasses but they wont give me one for contacts for some fukked up reason

FishPoo
08-01-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by funkedelic

hightly recommend clearlycontacts.ca

they will ship you out what you order without paying and once you recieve your order you can make payment then.

Huge selection and best prices i have seen in stores or online! Fast shipping too, next day or 2 days tops.

Agreed, fast, and efficient.

Just make sure you use the online coupon. I think its for 25% off.

Also, you can order from the US site, www.coastalcontacts.com, it's sometimes cheaper, and they also have their own coupons usually about 10% off, and it ships from Canada.

dooman24
08-01-2008, 06:43 PM
lol!
do not order from
clearlycontacts.ca !!
order from the states coastalcontacts.com!!
their prices are cheaper and they still ship it from vancouver over night!!
trust me..\

SAME COMPANY
higher canadian prices that's all

swak
08-01-2008, 10:22 PM
oh man...
im definately ordering online next time...
I have Acuvue oasis lenses.. on thursday i just got my new years supply pack and it cost me $375.

8 boxes (4/eye)
Seems like a rip off to me

ekguy
08-02-2008, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by naez

I paid 5$ at Superstore's optometrist place. Most optometrists will be very good at measuring your eyes for contacts so find one near where you live and most will charge either nothing or a very small fee to get your prescription updated if your prescription is up to date then you just get your eyes fitted for lenses and you pay for a box or 2 and your done. I was at the Superstore place a total of 15 minutes with everything said and done. cost me 30$ for fitting and 30$ or maybe a bit less for the lenses. Acuevue Oasys by the way is what I got and they are the comfiest contacts i've ever had. They also have them for people with slight astigmatism

good luck hope this helps :thumbsup:

asifka
08-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by E36M3

Any shipping/cumstoms charges???

i bought my Pure vision Toric contacts from clearlycontacts. paid 150 for 2 boxes. 1800Contacts has 4 boxes for 174. Coastalcontacts.com has 2 boxes for 97 dollars.