PDA

View Full Version : Why do people like Honda Civics?

stratusdodge
08-01-2008, 08:12 AM
Ok, these cars are the ugliest boxiest piles of donkey dung. So why do people like them so much? Sure, their cheap and they last a while...but so do most other cars.

dr_jared88
08-01-2008, 08:15 AM
uh-oh... you might have just shaken the bees nest of honda fan boys. watch your back!

thinmyster
08-01-2008, 08:15 AM
Lame attempt. go back to trolling. cirrus FTL

Lex350
08-01-2008, 08:17 AM
pulls up a seat and grabs the popcorn...I think I'll watch a horror show tonight.

alloroc
08-01-2008, 08:19 AM
Nice try troll.

I take you have family in the midwest somewhere?
Perhaps a mother and a sister?
Oh they are the same person?
Getting married next week are you?

arian_ma
08-01-2008, 08:21 AM
You insult Honda one more time and I'll kill you.
Look at me...I'll kill you.

signature7
08-01-2008, 08:23 AM
are you kiddin me, no other car in the world can spray vtec like a civic can. When you're in the zone chief, no car can stop the civic. This car can make you feel most alive...or closest to dead all in one. Now Can you do that to the beach boys do that?, can you do it to the beach boys do that? HEELLLLLL NO!

iVtec, do you?

stratusdodge
08-01-2008, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by signature7
are you kiddin me, no other car in the world can spray vtec like a civic can. When you're in the zone chief, no car can stop the civic. This car can make you feel most alive...or closest to dead all in one. Now Can you do that to the beach boys do that?, can you do it to the beach boys do that? HEELLLLLL NO!

iVtec, do you?

I know many people hate these cars. The look. The speed. I laugh when I see some pimped out civic...because it looks so damn nerdy!

Moe Man
08-01-2008, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by stratusdodge

I know many people hate these cars. The look. The speed. I laugh when I see some pimped out civic...because it looks so damn nerdy!

so does a dodge stratus. :rofl:

quincyb11
08-01-2008, 09:22 AM
You really have to start doing your homework son! You obviously don't know the amount of depth this car has. Do not dog these cars unless you have personally owned and driven one. Sure you have your own opinion. But don't make lame judgemnents based on what other people think. Do your OWN research first, before making bold statements like that.

Kona9
08-01-2008, 09:25 AM
Look at his username and look where he is from. Nuff said!!

JordanEG6
08-01-2008, 09:25 AM
And your Dodge Stratus is any better? :rolleyes:
I could go on all day about the Civic, but this thread is a FAIL.

gretz
08-01-2008, 09:28 AM
best car i ever owned - 89 civic hatch w DOHC zc:thumbsup:

Lex350
08-01-2008, 09:31 AM

look son, you better behave of these guys might just put you on a bus to Winnipeg.;) :D

alloroc
08-01-2008, 09:32 AM
The following pretty much sums it up.

http://www.autooninfo.net/NAEd200707BestandWorstof1998.htm

The worst ...
http://www.autooninfo.net/Chart2007Worstof1998.gif

The best...
http://www.autooninfo.net/Chart2007Bestof1998.gif

The next chart suggests that a typical 1998 Toyota vehicle may be as troublesome to own at 30 years of age as a typical 1998 GM-engineered vehicle was at 3 years of age. The chart may help put the Toyota-GM gap in vehicular dilapidation into more practical terms.

http://www.autooninfo.net/Chart2007ToyotaEquivalents.gif

msommers
08-01-2008, 09:34 AM
Sure, their cheap and they last a while...but so do most other cars.

It's kinda funny how you can be right AND wrong in the same sentence.

stratusdodge
08-01-2008, 09:45 AM
According to this goodness chart, Chrysler ranks higher than Honda...

Destinova403
08-01-2008, 09:51 AM
im not siding with the OP here but those charts that Alloroc posted are VERY out of date, the rankings have changed a ton since then

that said, this thread is retarded, every car has a place in the market. the civic fills its place very well, its an econobox, a very good econobox.

regardless:

http://inbrockton.com/forum/uploads/LeonardLawrence/images/2008-04-01_164448_troll-web.jpg

Neil4Speed
08-01-2008, 09:57 AM

Finally some concrete evidence! I would take a neon over some pos honda anyday.

Remember the lebarons? I heard Jon Voight had one! JON Voight!

Plymouth Cricket was a machine right there, who needs vteak?!

Daytonas, Omnis, Aries, Reliants, Acclaim, Spirit, Neons, Sundances, Premiers - Just a few examples of the fantastic cars chrysler has put out.

quincyb11
08-01-2008, 09:59 AM
Goodness chart HAHAHA!! That was funny shit man! Your really gay, but funny!

alloroc
08-01-2008, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Destinova403
im not siding with the OP here but those charts that Alloroc posted are VERY out of date, the rankings have changed a ton since then

that said, this thread is retarded, every car has a place in the market. the civic fills its place very well, its an econobox, a very good econobox.

Umm did you go to the website?
Those numbers are only one year old!

Edit:
They are not "the new car reliability rankings" you normaly see they are "Used car reliability rankings and are mostly based on the polls conducted by consumer reports.

Horatio
08-01-2008, 10:14 AM

hahahahaha!!

Destinova403
08-01-2008, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by alloroc

Umm did you go to the website?
Those numbers are only one year old!

Edit:
They are not "the new car reliability rankings" you normaly see they are "Used car reliability rankings and are mostly based on the polls conducted by consumer reports.

yeah that was my mistake, those are based on long term tests on cars in the 1998 model year, whereas the domestics really didnt start building good products until very recently.

i usually base my conceptions on consumer reports or JD power but im thinking about a completely different test.

rexsir
08-01-2008, 10:17 AM
just because you cant keep up to a civic is no reason to hate

Sorath
08-01-2008, 10:20 AM
dodge stratus vs civic

dodge has 1/3 the gas milage
civic is worth 3 times more
more reliable
cheap
easy to mod

n1zm0
08-01-2008, 10:27 AM
this all sparked from the thread where someone was like 'Whats a good first car' everyone said civic and the OP says 'no plymouth breeze, best car evar, dodge, best cars evar'

DIY maint on a civic is far more simple than DIY maint on a Plymouth Breeze

simplicity and reliability is most likely imo the reason civics rule the small car market. and wins over younger people moreso than.. a plymouth breeze.

honestly the only 'Dodge/Chrysler' product i would touch is probably an Eagle.. then again is it really a Dodge product?.. and again.. it's not the most reliable thing ever made (no offence DSMers :D )

jbabante
08-01-2008, 10:33 AM
people like honda coz'

2001 honda civic -----7 years later --------> CAR SHOW.
2001 Dodge neon ---- 7 years later -------> PICK AND PULL.

quincyb11
08-01-2008, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by n1zm0
this all sparked from the thread where someone was like 'Whats a good first car' everyone said civic and the OP says 'no plymouth breeze, best car evar, dodge, best cars evar'

DIY maint on a civic is far more simple than DIY maint on a Plymouth Breeze

simplicity and reliability is most likely imo the reason civics rule the small car market. and wins over younger people moreso than.. a plymouth breeze.

honestly the only 'Dodge/Chrysler' product i would touch is probably an Eagle.. then again is it really a Dodge product?.. and again.. it's not the most reliable thing ever made (no offence DSMers :D )

Eagle = Mistubishi :D

alloroc
08-01-2008, 10:44 AM
I was in Vegas for buisiness a few months ago and had a breeze as a rental.

What a pos.

Every time the AC cycled you could hear the refrigerant whislting though what must have been a bad piping job near the evaporator. How that got through final inspection is beyond me. The car also tried to keep me prisoner at random. The locks would automatically lock at a certain speed but the unlock switch didn't always work, I had to either use the key fob or pull up the door lock by hand to open the door.

BigBadVlad
08-01-2008, 10:49 AM
^^^ That's a feature. The car is protecting you from jackers, no civic does that :rofl:

BenC
08-01-2008, 10:51 AM
haha.
when i was driving my moms cirrus (same as stratus but better) it would beat civics hah.
but other than that.

honda>stratus,cirrus,breeze

petoria
08-01-2008, 10:53 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

climer
08-01-2008, 10:56 AM
Civics are great cars for what they're designed for.

- Great reliability
- Very good mileage
- Anyone can fix/easy to fix
- Stock parts are very cheap and easy to find
- Good resale value

The only negatives I can think of are the frequency of break-in's and theft... along with the slightly higher insurance premiums.

NickGT
08-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Destinova403

Precisely.

Not to mention it has an endless aftermarket. As well as tons of support via online communities/forums that can be easily accessed for technical questions. That in itself is a god sent if things go bad one day.

It's a well supported car as a whole thats why people are fans.

AliXJ
08-01-2008, 11:05 AM
How's your Headgasket? Stratusboy! :rofl:

05*CivicRS
08-01-2008, 11:14 AM

I'd take my riced out POS over your flattened looking neon any day of the week...

max_boost
08-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by jbabante
people like honda coz'

2001 Dodge neon ---- 7 years later -------> PICK AND PULL. :werd:

Civic Nation!!!

R!zz0
08-01-2008, 11:27 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by stratusdodge
Ok, stratus cars are the ugliest boxiest piles of donkey dung. (I know, i have smelled donkey dung before) So why do people like them so much like me? Sure, their cheap and they last a while...but so do most other cars. (I have never driven other cars) [/QUOTE

Too be honest, i don't like Dodge stratus either. I would take a Civic because...Honda's were made by the hand of GOD and Dodge was made by Richard Simmons.

Edit: You just joined this forum...Are you in some domestic car forum trying to bash imports?

culebra
08-01-2008, 11:33 AM
I had 00 Chrysler Cirrus and sold it back in 2005.
If I can go back to 2000 and re-do my decision, i would go for Civic instead. I got sick and tired of low mileage and resale value.

quincyb11
08-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Somebody end this thread!!!

R!zz0
08-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by quincyb11
Somebody end this thread!!!

Yeah, this thread is going to get really ugly like dodge stratus.

Darkane
08-01-2008, 11:52 AM
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g84/Quintesson_2006/1987-honda-civic-5.jpg

Even in the Mid/late 80's the civic's racing heritage was strong.

Can you say 225HP NA ZC?

signature7
08-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

Finally some concrete evidence! I would take a neon over some pos honda anyday.

Plymouth Cricket was a machine right there, who needs vteak?!

Daytonas, Omnis, Aries, Reliants, Acclaim, Spirit, Neons, Sundances, Premiers - Just a few examples of the fantastic cars chrysler has put out.

actually it's john voight, he's a pretty good dentist.

Neil4Speed
08-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by signature7

actually it's john voight, he's a pretty good dentist.

Haha, He probably spelt his own name wrong!

(my mistake!)

signature7
08-01-2008, 12:11 PM
ahahah sometimes i spell my name wrong too... with a G and an I hahah.

one of my fav episodes:thumbsup:

rexsir
08-01-2008, 12:40 PM
fantastic and chrysler in the same sentence lmfao

heavyD
08-01-2008, 12:59 PM
This thread is ridiculoulars. On one hand you have a guy that drives a mundane below average chrysler vehicle knocking the civic which in itself is an unremarkable commuter car mostly driven by female teachers and people on budgets that is defended by fanboys like it's some amazing piece of automotive machinery. You all fail and so does this thread.:thumbsdow

Lex350
08-01-2008, 01:51 PM
Ok...I have to reload on popcorn. This is starting to get good.

rage2
08-01-2008, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
The Actor??? Or the Dentist???

heavyD
08-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by rage2

In the 80's Recardo Montalban rocked a fully loaded Lebaron GTS complete with Corinthian leather.:)

Neil4Speed
08-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by rage2

The Actor, That's right. He just happened to be the previous owner of the vehicle.

frozenrice
08-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by BigBadVlad
^^^ That's a feature. The car is protecting you from jackers, no civic does that :rofl:

Useless feature......who'd want to jack a Stratus/Breeze?

ianmcc
08-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

In the 80's Recardo Montalban rocked a fully loaded Lebaron GTS complete with Corinthian leather.:)

FYI, it's R-I-cardo Montalban, and it was soft Corinthian leather in the new 1975 Chrysler Cordoba.

xLostx
08-01-2008, 04:18 PM
once vtec kicks in...it's like I'm free...

BerserkerCatSplat
08-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Wow, it's like you people have never seen a troll before. :banghead: The saddest thing about this thread is that the Goodness Chart was the most entertaining post.

em2ab
08-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Ok, these cars are the ugliest boxiest piles of donkey dung.

http://danmaher.com/pictures/albums/May-7-2007-Pictures-Of-My-Car/23_G.sized.jpg

> Stratus

420Ninja
08-01-2008, 07:25 PM
After working on cars professionaly for a few years ive come to the realization that dodges are absolute pieces of shit. Ive driven and worked on almost all the cars mentioned in this thread and with absolutely no shred of a doubt the honda's blow dodge/chrysler vehicles out of the water. Ive been through such bullshit working on those massive piles of afterbirth that my hatred for that company could be compared to a texans opinion of gay men. Anyone who thinks that those are good cars is getting what they deserve by owning one :P

And just so you know im a reasonable person, I wouldnt mind owning a srt-4 and a couple cars they make are pretty nice but on a whole dodge/chrysler are definitely the slow child of the domestic family.

And really a STRATUS compared to a civic? Either you honestly are missing some teeth and have a child with your sister or your a f'd in the head attention whoring troll, which im almost positive is the case... or both.

Freebs
08-01-2008, 08:12 PM
I do not know how or why people worry so much about what other people drive. And I have an even harder time understanding how people can talk shit about other people’s work they have done to their cars. So maybe its not what the "cool people" are doing or driving or maybe they cant afford the insurance or the car in general that you think they should be driving or modifying..
I can honestly say there is not one car i can say I hate, it may not be something I would drive, but if some one else chooses to drive it or modify it so be it.
Any way to end my small rant off, I say why not just respect what some one else chooses to drive or modify and keep your negative comments to your self.
And I do understand that beyond is full of young punks who think they/their vehicle is gods gift to man and that they are “the shit” but you honestly have get over your high school days and maybe open your eyes a little bit.

alloroc
08-01-2008, 09:39 PM
bah a little friendly banter is a good thing.

Besides ... if you don't egg them on you don't get gems like the "goodness chart"

That was classic.

jdmSiR
08-01-2008, 09:56 PM
omfg....

f22, b16,18,20, d15, k20, k24, b20a5, c32, c30

show me what your usdm junk has?

jdmSiR
08-01-2008, 09:58 PM
doh doh doh

SO true

Originally posted by 420Ninja
After working on cars professionaly for a few years ive come to the realization that dodges are absolute pieces of shit. Ive driven and worked on almost all the cars mentioned in this thread and with absolutely no shred of a doubt the honda's blow dodge/chrysler vehicles out of the water. Ive been through such bullshit working on those massive piles of afterbirth that my hatred for that company could be compared to a texans opinion of gay men. Anyone who thinks that those are good cars is getting what they deserve by owning one :P

And just so you know im a reasonable person, I wouldnt mind owning a srt-4 and a couple cars they make are pretty nice but on a whole dodge/chrysler are definitely the slow child of the domestic family.

And really a STRATUS compared to a civic? Either you honestly are missing some teeth and have a child with your sister or your a f'd in the head attention whoring troll, which im almost positive is the case... or both.

mikey008
08-01-2008, 10:21 PM
Dont worry guys....stratus boy probably can't afford a Civic, that's why he's rollin in the Dodge!!

Canmorite
08-01-2008, 10:50 PM
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9779/miscinternetseriousbusinw5.jpg

max_boost
08-01-2008, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by 420Ninja

And really a STRATUS compared to a civic? Either you honestly are missing some teeth and have a child with your sister or your a f'd in the head attention whoring troll, which im almost positive is the case... or both. haha wicked rant. :thumbsup: :werd: :rofl:

rmk
08-01-2008, 11:18 PM
vagina

em2ab
08-02-2008, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by mikey008
Dont worry guys....stratus boy probably can't afford a Civic, that's why he's rollin in the Dodge!! Dodge would cost you more from repair costs.

89s1
08-02-2008, 12:54 AM
It's really too bad that stratus or cirrus he drives is worth all of about 400 dolalrs right now in scrap weight.

With resale values like that you're really doomed to drive a POS dodge your entire life. But think, if you start an ING account now, you could save up for that convertable lebaron you've been dreaming about.

RedCivic
08-02-2008, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by jbabante
people like honda coz'

2001 Dodge neon ---- 7 years later -------> PICK AND PULL.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: True that.....

Supa Dexta
08-02-2008, 08:10 AM
I beat my civic to no end, even after it was running on 3 cylinders. I'm talking jackass rental car beatings, it took it all and kept on chuggin' along. I miss that car.

n1zm0
08-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by quincyb11

Eagle = Mistubishi :D

*sigh* i knew someone would take my post wrong and throw the as a matter of fact card. ohh 08's :rolleyes:

yes.. i know thats why i said DSM..

on a side note i was amazed to find an Cirrus/Breeze enthusiasts website! :eek: http://stratusphere.net/

and they do engine swaps too just like the civic community, some drop SRT-4 engines into these things!

so OP, how can you hate on Civics when the cars have so much in common :rofl:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i179/jbuff30/SSOTM/WINNERS/hotspringstrip002tk4.jpg
http://images.lowrideredge.com/events/0310lre_12z+Honda_Civic_Acura_Integra+Rear_Drivers_Side_View.jpg

RATM
08-02-2008, 03:23 PM
lawllllll :rofl:

StreetRacerX
08-02-2008, 04:13 PM
The only Stratus I'd buy would be the 2001 Stratus coupe, I'm not fond of 4 doors but when I saw the 2001 I thought it was a non gay version of the new Avenger.

TorqueDog
08-02-2008, 05:26 PM
This thread reeks of FAIL.

dawson13
08-02-2008, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by rotten42

look son, you better behave of these guys might just put you on a bus to Winnipeg.;) :D

actually teared up at this

i call it gettin greyhounded

dawson13
08-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0

*sigh* i knew someone would take my post wrong and throw the as a matter of fact card. ohh 08's :rolleyes:

yes.. i know thats why i said DSM..

on a side note i was amazed to find an Cirrus/Breeze enthusiasts website! :eek: http://stratusphere.net/

and they do engine swaps too just like the civic community, some drop SRT-4 engines into these things!

so OP, how can you hate on Civics when the cars have so much in common :rofl:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i179/jbuff30/SSOTM/WINNERS/hotspringstrip002tk4.jpg
http://images.lowrideredge.com/events/0310lre_12z+Honda_Civic_Acura_Integra+Rear_Drivers_Side_View.jpg

does that civic remind anyone on here of a certain dodge product that used to cruise around and is no at rest in......
u got it pick-n-pull lol

D. Dub
08-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

On one hand you have a guy that drives a mundane below average chrysler vehicle knocking the civic which in itself is an unremarkable commuter car mostly driven by female teachers and people on budgets that is defended by fanboys like it's some amazing piece of automotive machinery. You all fail and so does this thread.:thumbsdow

That about sums it up for me...

Well except you forgot that the Civic design is about as innovative and sexy as a toaster.

funkedelic
08-02-2008, 10:38 PM
good question OP.

Why do people like the dodge stratus?

.. oh wait, they don't! :rofl:

i don't like civics but they have potential, nobody can deny that.

dj techsta
08-02-2008, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by dawson13

does that civic remind anyone on here of a certain dodge product that used to cruise around and is no at rest in......
u got it pick-n-pull lol
ah the good ol neon green neon. Sadly I think there's a copycat on the streets that decided to bring that monstrosity back from the grave (only difference is the new one's got a lot less decals).
Saw it a couple days ago heading to ed town

and as for my 2 cents about civics:
Although I hate them personally, I don't mind the ones people have actually put in an effort on, and i just shake my head at the idiots that decide to slap on random things and call it "modded"
(like a famous celica most people here probably know of)

stratusdodge
08-05-2008, 05:58 AM
Wow. One Honda owner starts swinging, the rest'll join in. Calm down people.

MikeAg
08-05-2008, 08:44 AM
FAIL

Super_Geo
08-05-2008, 09:11 AM

Well, at least that explains why this thread is as lame as it is.

Tik-Tok
08-05-2008, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
Wow, it's like you people have never seen a troll before. :banghead: The saddest thing about this thread is that the Goodness Chart was the most entertaining post.

And even after your post, all the fanboys are still freaking out that this is even remotely serious.

It's a sad, sad week for Beyond