PDA

View Full Version : Buying from Regal Auctions Calgary

smiggy77
08-01-2008, 01:13 PM
So I went to regal auctions and saw some cars, has anyone bought from it? I wanted info on how to determine if the car is in good condition, whats the best method?

UndrgroundRider
08-01-2008, 01:13 PM
I'm also interested. I drive by this place everyday and have always wondered if it was worth it.

avishal26
08-01-2008, 01:23 PM
I would like to know as well :D

SkittleFreak
08-01-2008, 01:28 PM
I know people who buy from the auctions all the time.

You can go early and test the cars and hear them but you can't drive them.

You might need to get keys made because some cars are impounds and recovories.

There are some good cars that go through, but also some ass ones.

harv91
08-01-2008, 01:50 PM
From what i know is u cannot take the car off the lot, So if you have a friend or know someone who is a mechanic you can inspect the car all you want as long as it stays on the lot.
I heard most cars are fine and nothings wrong with them, but there will surely be a few lemons out there.

Tik-Tok
08-01-2008, 01:51 PM
Jebus, it's even stickied for christ sake

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/192440/car-auctions-ask-the-auctioneer/

Wehbeast
08-01-2008, 01:52 PM
My friend did get a shit car from there before, the only cars Id buy are the bank repos

bituerbo
08-01-2008, 05:45 PM
I sold my car there just recently, and the only problem it had was the AC needed a recharge, someone got a smoking deal.

There are plenty of cars that go through, if I'm up early on a saturday morning with nothing better to do I'll often just sit through the auction to see what's selling, and for how much.

If you've got a car in mind, do all the tests you can... check all the electrics, check the brakes, throw the e-brake on to make sure it doesn't stick. Start the engine, listen for noises, bring the revs up, make sure there are no warning lights or smoke coming out of the exhaust (white = coolant, blue = oil, black = diesel, which is normal).

Pop the hood, check the oil, check the rad cap to make sure no oil is in the coolant, if it's an auto check that fluid also.

Crawl under the car and check for rust and oil drips (after you've been running the car) and give all 4 wheels a good shake to check for worn tie rod ends/ball joints. also push down on all 4 corners, get each one bouncing and listen for wierd noises and make sure the suspension settles after 1 or 2 oscillations.

Be as thorough as you can, going through all that would reveal any major engine/suspension problems.

RATM
08-02-2008, 10:13 PM
hire a great mechanic and get him to come along !

00redLUDE
08-03-2008, 10:36 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=192440

Don't know if this person is still on beyond but he had this thread about car auctions