PDA

View Full Version : car adio guys help!!

AccordTypeR
09-04-2003, 04:48 PM
ok, I recently got a deck installed. After it was instaled my subs seem to barly work. Some times it seems that i have no subs at all. if any one can give me an idea on what the problem is that would help. Right now i have a jensen 500w amp( i know its not the best) and 2 rockford 12's the are 400 peak and 300rms. The deck model is jvc kd-s890. wiht the stock deck and a car kit the subs pounded. So is it that my amp can power it now, or that the deck is the problem, any advice would be appreciated

thanks
sean

B17a
09-04-2003, 04:51 PM
It could be shitty RCA's. I found after I swapped out my $10 RCA's for some nice PG's, my subs were day and night difference.

Hash_man
09-04-2003, 04:52 PM
That's what I thought... get that Rockford RCA that you have installed. Or do it urself.

Weapon_R
09-04-2003, 11:10 PM
How many preouts do you have? Maybe you put the rcas for the subs into the wrong preout. It does make quite a difference.

davidI
09-05-2003, 09:53 AM
Some decks you have to 'turn on' the pre-out for the sub. I know my alpine you had to scroll through some menus and turn it on. Then you can also play with the equalizer setting and maybe some of the settings on your amp. That Jensen amp also probably only puts out a couple hundred watts even though it is rated higher so you might look at only hooking one of the subs up to it and seeing if it's any louder. Good luck

Blue Devil 2
09-05-2003, 09:58 AM
I found the problem :rofl:

Originally posted by AccordTypeR
Right now i have a jensen 500w amp

littledan
09-05-2003, 10:20 AM
maybe the polarity on the sub wires is wrong. try pulling out the wire from the + terminal on one of the subs. If it gets louder than that is your problem. Then just switch the + and - of one of the subs.

Weapon_R
09-05-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by littledan
maybe the polarity on the sub wires is wrong. try pulling out the wire from the + terminal on one of the subs. If it gets louder than that is your problem. Then just switch the + and - of one of the subs.

That shouldn't really make a difference. The inverse setup actually works better with my setup as I have the magnet facing outwards.

littledan
09-05-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

That shouldn't really make a difference. The inverse setup actually works better with my setup as I have the magnet facing outwards.

maybe you misunderstood me... if the two subs are out of phase then they will sound like ass. just try flipping the wires on one of the subs and see if that helps.

davidI
09-05-2003, 12:21 PM
yea, little dan may be right. If you have the subs hooked up opposite to one another then they may be cancelling out each others waves.

Weapon R, you're talking about switching the polarity on both subs since you've mounted them inverted.

How many ohms are your subs? Also, how are they wired to your amp? Seriously I think your amp may just be lacking power. If they are 4 or even 8 ohm subs and you can't bridge them down to 1 or 2 ohms (I doubt your jensen amp can take 1) then your subs may only be seeing 50 watts a piece...

AccordTypeR
09-07-2003, 09:45 PM
well im gonna try the rca tommorw and see if that helps, and im gonna buy a new amp soon anyways, i just need to find a good one off beyond for cheap

technohustla
09-08-2003, 10:16 AM
PM me dude, I am a certified installer and I will have a look at you r car no charge if you like.

AccordTypeR
09-08-2003, 08:39 PM
its the rca, i have a friend thats installing it, but thanks for the help:clap:

Mike777
09-21-2003, 09:12 AM
maybe the gain needs to be turned up... maybe the amp might be set to highpass filter therefore eliminating the bass going to the subs...