PDA

View Full Version : Abandoned accident cars

frozenrice
08-01-2008, 03:15 PM
some cars involved in accidents left on the side of the road for a few days before getting towed?
I noticed a car on highway 8 that looked like it had rear ended somebody. It's been sitting there for a few days now. I would have expected it to have been towed right away instead of being left there.

analbumcover
08-01-2008, 03:21 PM
There is no one reason why they are left there, it could be several depending on the situation.

I can answer One question for you though.

Am I an asshole??

Yes

frozenrice
08-01-2008, 03:58 PM
Seriously, why'd you answer at all then? There's way worse threads than this. At least it's car related. Being a car forum you'd think somebody would have a half-assed answer.

Tomaz
08-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Money. Can't afford to tow shit!:dunno:

harv91
08-01-2008, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by analbumcover
There is no one reason why they are left there, it could be several depending on the situation.

I can answer One question for you though.

Does this need a thread?

No

Yo dude i've noticed u beaking alot of ppl in different threads, u need to know your role and just stfu, i think this is a pretty decent question :guns:

topmade
08-01-2008, 04:21 PM
My guesses are:

1) guy didn't have proper insurance and damages might be worth more then the car so the guy said screw it.

2) tow truck doesn't want to go that far to tow a car that may end up being abandoned

Isn't there a time limit where the car is fair-game if it's left abandoned for someone to take it and do as they please?

rexsir
08-01-2008, 04:22 PM
from what ive seen on beyond most just like
being assholes in my opinion if you dont like the thread then
have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up and one possible reason is most repair shops are busy and have no room
for more cars to sit
and to save money its cheaper to let it sit there then to pay for a tow home then eventually tow it to
repair shop or they dont give shit about
their car or n money

frozenrice
08-01-2008, 04:29 PM
I always thought if the accident was that bad where the car isn't driveable, that there was some sort of arrangement with the cops and the city to tow it. If I understand, it's actually the owner's responsibility to move it?

signature7
08-01-2008, 04:35 PM
i only see junkers leave there car so i've always assume the person doesn't care enough to get things arranged or get things done quickly.

JAYMEZ
08-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Weird i was thinking the same thing .. On the way back to my house , theres a really fucked up black integra thats been sitting in the ditch for a few days.. that crap needs to be towed!

D'z Nutz
08-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Japan sends their junk cars to North America. Can we send ours somewhere else? Quebec maybe?

bituerbo
08-01-2008, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Japan sends their junk cars to North America. Can we send ours somewhere else? Quebec maybe?

Ahaha, I'm sure a half-stripped mullet mobile would be worth millions in Japan, as a lawn ornament.

"Look mee! I so redneck!"

JAYMEZ
08-01-2008, 05:50 PM
^^lol

Thaco
08-01-2008, 06:25 PM
after an accident the cops generally tow the cars to the impound lot if you dont arrange your own towing, then your insurance company has the car towed to the salvage auction, or the shop to have it fixed... not sure about stuff out of the city limits.

analbumcover
08-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
Seriously, why'd you answer at all then? There's way worse threads than this. At least it's car related. Being a car forum you'd think somebody would have a half-assed answer.

sorry brother, i dont know why i was on my high horse

i am an asshole fo shooooo