PDA

View Full Version : 3G iPhones a such a low price?

phil2118
08-01-2008, 03:53 PM
I'm just curious how people are able to sell the new 3G 16gig iPhones for like 320...?
Especially when i see many beyonder's selling their iPhones for like $600-$800.

Is there a catch that i dont know? like are they clones/fakes? or i gotta do some retarded survey or pay some monthly subscription to something? or is it simply because its stolen or purchased in bulk?

Just wondering if i should buy one from one of these sellers.

Thanks!

here are a few links:

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-phones-PDAs-ipods-Brand-New-Unlocked-Apple-iPhone-3G-16gb-W0QQAdIdZ66020028

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-phones-PDAs-ipods-Brand-New-Unlocked-Apple-iPhone-3G-16gb-W0QQAdIdZ66020028

rage2
08-01-2008, 03:56 PM
They're a bunch of stolen AT&T phones. Since there's no provider unlock for the 3G, it looks like they just downgraded it to the 1.1.4 firmware that has the unlock, meaning no 3G support on them either until a fully unlocked 2.0 firmware comes out.

analbumcover
08-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Why not just meet up with him and find out?

gqmw
08-01-2008, 03:59 PM
I guess you can message one of them to check, but my guess is that it's probably some sort of a scam.

tha_bandit
08-01-2008, 09:37 PM
prob one of those money order scams, I got a lot of those when I listed my computer on kijiji....

tha_bandit
08-02-2008, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by rage2
They're a bunch of stolen AT&T phones. Since there's no provider unlock for the 3G, it looks like they just downgraded it to the 1.1.4 firmware that has the unlock, meaning no 3G support on them either until a fully unlocked 2.0 firmware comes out.

I'm pretty sure that u can't downgrade the 3G........so most likey some sort of scam

phil2118
08-02-2008, 04:13 PM
So i msged one of the ads and it responded saying....

Hello,
I have for sell 10 units for $1700 CAD.
Minimum order 2 units + 1 free Nokia N81 8GB for $550 CAD.
The phones are brand new, original boxes and accesories, unlocked,
they will come with international warranty.
Are you interested to buy them now?
I wait your reply
Thank you.

it sounds really cheap for 2 16gigs + a Nokia N81.... but too cheap that im sketched about it lol.
Id rather just phone rogers and annoy them until they sell me one as a upgrade at a decent price.

shakalaka
08-02-2008, 05:02 PM
You know how it goes. If something is too good to be true, it probably is.

bituerbo
08-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by phil2118

it sounds really cheap for 2 16gigs + a Nokia N81.... but too cheap that im sketched about it lol.
Id rather just phone rogers and annoy them until they sell me one as a upgrade at a decent price.

You've gotta be kidding me if you think this guy is legit.

benyl
08-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Can't you get unlocked 3G from Hong Kong?

gqmw
08-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by phil2118

What i'm guessing is that he'll get you to paypal or get the money to him first, and then he will "deliver it" to you. But item will never get to you.

realazy
08-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by benyl
Can't you get unlocked 3G from Hong Kong?

I was under the impression that the 3G network in HK in different than north america and most 3G phones don't work here other that the select few expensive ones like the nokia N series (and only the newest models). I was looking for a new phone to replace the LG shine that would support video calling and I've tried a few friend's 3G phones and none of them would work on 3G here.

The phones in HK are all unlocked and should work if it's got the ability to support both the HK and the NA 3g networks.

FilthyMcNasty
08-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Dont ever buy off somebody who offers you something good and has bad grammar. Too many scammers in other countries. Even when i was looking for a condo to rent on kijiji. I would message people when i found a nice place, they would message me back (copy and pasted from an email):

Hi,
It is still available for rent/lease right now. I don't really want to rent/lease the property but I was advised by my wife to rent it out due to my relocation/transferred from Work to Africa. I'm here with all my families and our pets , We are not planning to return sooner because the project is going to take lenght years. I came along with the keys and all the documents to the property because there is no body staying there presently . It's all for you and your family.

TENANT RENT APPLICATION FORM
Full Name:
Present Address:
Phone #: Cell & Home
Married?:__________ Spouse's Name: ________
Children?:_________
Pets?:_________

YOUR EMPLOYMENTEmployer:
Employer's Address:

Supervisor:__________ Bus. Phone:________

REFERENCES
Personal Reference:_________ Phone:___________
The keys and documents will be ship to you via DHL Next day air once the payment is confirmed.
Thanks

hahaha. If anybody would actually fall for this im sorry for you. haha. I again emailed a different person for a different condo and got the same reply back. Same email exactly. Obviously a big scam.