PDA

View Full Version : Nice Spottings for Medicine Hat

spike98
08-01-2008, 05:24 PM
Today was freakin beautiful out and because of this there were a few rides out today.

Here is what i managed to snap pictures of this afternoon:

spike98
08-01-2008, 05:25 PM
This one could be a Kit, looked kinda different and i didnt get a chance to stop.

DNSRadio
08-01-2008, 05:27 PM
seen the charger around town here
seen a nice orange one and a black one.

the second does look like a kit car.
but if its a real one then thats pretty unique.
havnt seen them in the city at all.
i knew someone who had one of these as a kit car.
and a real one.
there is hardly any diff. except for the engines.

these kits were pretty close to the originals.

dino_martini
08-01-2008, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by DNSRadio

Challenger...not charger :)

schocker
08-01-2008, 06:58 PM
i saw a black challenger on mcknight yesterday, very nice. that deffinately looks like a kit though.

Graham_A_M
08-01-2008, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by DNSRadio

the second does look like a kit car.
but if its a real one then thats pretty unique.
havnt seen them in the city at all.
i knew someone who had one of these as a kit car.
and a real one.
there is hardly any diff. except for the engines.

these kits were pretty close to the originals.
Actually everything is different. Seldomly do you EVER find one with an exact replica frame. Even then, they use Porsche transaxles (I forget the exact one thats commonly used)
Everything is fabricated on them, unless they chose to use OEM Lamborghini stuff, but that is very expensive, VERY expensive.
About the only think thats ORGINAL lamborghini is the exterior lights (of whom are commonly borrowed off of other vehicles (99-01 Diablo's use 2nd gen 300ZX headlights). Most times its hand crafted shift linkages, replica shifter gates, replica stickers and emblems, replica fiberglass body work.

Just because the car MAY look original, doesn't neccessarily mean there are enough original parts on it to fill a cigar box.
if you visit www.lambostuff.com, there is an absolutely huge variety of replica parts, and you'll see what I mean.

DNSRadio
08-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini

Challenger...not charger :)

hahah
sorry my bad..
not that up to date on the american cars.

thanks for the correction:thumbsup:

DNSRadio
08-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Actually everything is different. Seldomly do you EVER find one with an exact replica frame. Even then, they use Porsche transaxles (I forget the exact one thats commonly used)
Everything is fabricated on them, unless they chose to use OEM Lamborghini stuff, but that is very expensive, VERY expensive.
About the only think thats ORGINAL lamborghini is the exterior lights (of whom are commonly borrowed off of other vehicles (99-01 Diablo's use 2nd gen 300ZX headlights). Most times its hand crafted shift linkages, replica shifter gates, replica stickers and emblems, replica fiberglass body work.

Just because the car MAY look original, doesn't neccessarily mean there are enough original parts on it to fill a cigar box.
if you visit www.lambostuff.com, there is an absolutely huge variety of replica parts, and you'll see what I mean.

wow
good find on the site..

Spawn
08-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by spike98
This one could be a Kit, looked kinda different and i didnt get a chance to stop.

Seen it coming from Dunmore, didn't get a good enough look at it to tell if it was real or not.

Have you seen the Maserati Quattroporte around? :)