PDA

View Full Version : so im going to cancun tommorow

jdmSiR
08-01-2008, 09:47 PM
im staying in the mayan riviera area, any wicked spots i should check out?

im in a 4.5 star all inclusive resort

calgary350z
08-02-2008, 02:49 AM
me to, I leave at 7 am

Kona9
08-02-2008, 02:51 AM
Deep Sea Fishing Tours,

Quadding tours,

Xel Ha,

Cancun at night or day shopping,

GIRLS! (duh)

Have fun!!!

spikerS
08-02-2008, 03:21 AM
a better travel agent. dude, you should be going to alaska this time of year, save cancun for the winter time!

jdmSiR
08-02-2008, 07:34 AM
negative, alaska can lick mah bawzz

shakalaka
08-02-2008, 11:46 AM
If into shopping check out 5th ave at Playa Del Carmen. It's about a half hour ride in a cab from Mayan Riviera. From our resort, Barcello, the guy charged $20.

Kona9
08-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
If into shopping check out 5th ave at Playa Del Carmen. It's about a half hour ride in a cab from Mayan Riviera. From our resort, Barcello, the guy charged $20.

Check with your hotel and see if they have a shuttle service as well. Playa Del Carmen is pretty cool! If you are into the history stuff, you can check out Chichen Itza (tours can be looong hooot and booorrring) Check out Tulum. If you are heading out with your girl, go swim wth the dolphins. I am sure there is more.

broken_legs
08-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka

Playa Del Carmen FTW. The food there is way better than anything youre going to eat at your all inclusive mass produced buffet or a la carte.

Dont waste your money on a cab, wait for the bus on the side of the highway, theres one every 15 minutes. Save your money for the cab ride back to the resort at 3 am from Playa.

Go see Tulum, snorkel tours and zip lining.

Go see Chichen Itza (this is a full day tour but well worth it) See a world heritage mayan ruin and a huge ass pyramid etc... Go swimming in an underground chinote (under ground limestone cave/spring pretty Fing cool - Dont get it thorugh the hotel or you will pay wayyy too much. Get all your tours at one of the sketchy looking tour places in Playa Del Carmen. The bus may be smaller, you might have to get your own beer, but you'll save 75-100 dollars

take the ferry to cozumel.

go snorkelling at Xel Ha in the nature reserve, theres a good chance youll see some turtles there

JAYMEZ
08-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Be careful of pick pockets in Playa , me and my ex gf had our camera stolen with in 5 mins of getting out of the taxi! lost all our pictures..

Neil4Speed
08-03-2008, 10:55 AM
I am going in two weeks, great thread! :thumbsup:

nagooro
08-03-2008, 11:40 AM
If your looking to go clubbing check out The City and Coco bongo.
I did xel-ha a few years ago which was a lot of fun, would recommend that too.

mdeluxe
08-06-2008, 10:33 AM
Im going on the 31st, so pumped!!

broken_legs
08-06-2008, 10:37 AM
TIP: Don't forget to forget your underwear. Its HOT there in the summer.

arian_ma
08-06-2008, 10:40 AM
Haha it's not that bad. I don't know why everyone bitches about the heat. I actually prefer Mexico in the summer over the winter. 40 degrees is where I thrive baby!

Neil4Speed
08-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by arian_ma
Haha it's not that bad. I don't know why everyone bitches about the heat. I actually prefer Mexico in the summer over the winter. 40 degrees is where I thrive baby!

Your crazy! I melt at that temperature.

arian_ma
08-06-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

Your crazy! I melt at that temperature.
You're in for a treat in Mexico then hommie. 95% humidity too...

DJ_NAV
08-06-2008, 11:16 AM
Coco Bongo
Cozumel... 2nd best spot for snorkeling in the world
Rent scooters for a day and drive around and shop/eat. its fun
Swimming with Dolphins is ok.. but I would not do it again. Its something you would only do once.
Playa is good for roaming the streets, you could do playa and cozumel in one day.
Chitchen Itca is a wonder of the world.
Make sure you are well rested before partying since it goes on till 5-6am!

prae
08-07-2008, 11:35 AM
like everybody has said, dont pay for a cab... hop on the collectivo for 20 pesos.

usually white vans with a provincal seal on the side. easy to spot.

prae
08-07-2008, 11:36 AM
chichen itza is worth the trip

dont pay for snorkelling tours @ Cozumel, just rent/buy a snorkel and mask yourself and get out there.

Kloubek
08-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Agree with others. Guided "professional" tours are expensive. If you want to see Chichen Itza or anything else, just get a taxi ride directly and pay them at the entrance. You'll get stuff for at least half price by going direct like that.

Tulum still has the "structure" of a city. It's a wonderful experience and I would highly suggest checking it out. It's also ridiculously close to your area.

Coba is great and fairly close to you. The cool thing about Coba is it's high temple, and it's one of the only sites you can still walk on.

Playa Del Carmen is nice for trinkets and stuff. Make sure you dicker heavily in the smaller shops. The larger ones generally have workers who cannot work much of a deal.

Have fun, and wear lots of sunscreen. I burned my first day there, and paid for it a couple of days later....

jdmSiR
08-10-2008, 09:48 AM
so i got back this morning at 1am
i stayed at the riu mayan riviera palace, 5 star all inclusive, in playa del carmen.

while i was there i visited xel ha, tulum, i went to cancun to a couple of malls and the hardrock cafe aswell as coco bongo.
I also checked out cozumel, and ate at their hardrock cafe.
parasailing and jet ski'ing was pretty fun, and also renting a moped is ridiculousy cheap ($25/day)

as far as 5th ave goes, the pick pocketers there are really well organized, i was sitting outside the diesel store and i was watching these 9-11 year old children, literally select and attack. :nut:

one of the things i dont reccomend is the club "tequila" in one of the riu resorts, its full of cougars hunting for young prey, aswell as teeny boppers wanting some older junk.

pinoyhero
08-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Xcaret, XelHa and if you're solo, hit the big clubs (coco bongo)

Neil4Speed
08-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Hey did you guys get shots before you went down? I got all the shots when I was in grade school, but I am not to sure if I need to get more. I will probably contact a travel clinic today.

mdeluxe
08-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Has anybody been to Basic? I hear its pretty good

arian_ma
08-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
Hey did you guys get shots before you went down? I got all the shots when I was in grade school, but I am not to sure if I need to get more. I will probably contact a travel clinic today.
Quit being such a pansy, you're from Southern Asia, you're already immune to all that shit!
:rofl: